Any Idea What Type Of Snake This Is?

sstuff3

That could be a Chinese Rat snake, Ptyas korros. The large eyes are pretty telling, but I am not 100%.

Thanks for that. After googling Chinese Rat Snake, and reviewing the pictures, I am confident these are Chinese Rat Snakes and probably not bad to keep around. Thanks again for the reply. I guess it is possible the cobra previously found may have been hunting these....

That could be a Chinese Rat snake, Ptyas korros. The large eyes are pretty telling, but I am not 100%.

Thanks for that. After googling Chinese Rat Snake, and reviewing the pictures, I am confident these are Chinese Rat Snakes and probably not bad to keep around. Thanks again for the reply. I guess it is possible the cobra previously found may have been hunting these....

Oh yes, those will be great to have around. I would have noted that, but thought you may just want to know. Snakes are the best by me, they stay out of the way, they run like hell when they see you, and they eat all the things we don't like :)

Oh yes, those will be great to have around. I would have noted that, but thought you may just want to know. Snakes are the best by me, they stay out of the way, they run like hell when they see you, and they eat all the things we don't like smile.png

And also the creatures I do like. My friendly toads for instance.

Oh yes, those will be great to have around. I would have noted that, but thought you may just want to know. Snakes are the best by me, they stay out of the way, they run like hell when they see you, and they eat all the things we don't like Posted Image

And also the creatures I do like. My friendly toads for instance.

My primary concern is for the safety and well being of my two English Bulldogs. For sure the snakes try to avoid us humans but I would hate for one of my "boys" to come across one, especially a venomous one. I guess I'm a bit nervous after catching the cobra a few weeks ago. Now that I know what this one is I can breath a bit more easily. Toads aren't good for my boys either so I prefer the Chinese Rat Snakes....

I saw one cobra as well, in issan. It was actually very beautiful. It did have an kind eerie, confident aura to it though. I saw a bunch of chickens freaking out, I looked up and there he was.... and there he went too. Supposedly Thailand has the largest venomous snake in the world, in the king cobra. Not sure if that is the one I saw?

Anyway, good luck with the dogs.... I'm sure they love where they are at smile.png

Edited by utalkin2me
  • Like 1