Where To Find A School For Teaching Thai To A Nationality Changing Status

what schools are around that have the qualitfations to teach all that is needed to pass the knowldge for obtaining thai citizernship.

i have done some small research. need visa 1 year back to back for 3 years. and pay salary tax of x amoutn per month. plus a back ground check from your native country and the nlowldge test sorry bit pissed at the moment

This is not the answer you require but if you check there is a lot that needs to be done and kept updated yearly I checked and not worth the effort. If over 50 years old and 800k in the bank or married and 400k in the bank that's the easiest way, I know everyone has a different reason.

• Like 1

Go to any decent Thai language school and first of all perfect your Thai. Then get some information about the Knowledge of Thailand test from Special Branch and get your teacher to help you learn the rajasap vocab to do with the monarchy, the Thai political system, geography, culture etc as well as prepare simple general knowledge. You will be asked easy a,b,c or d multiple choice questions like:

Which of these is the interior minister?

Which of these is the formal title of the Queen?

How many provinces in Thailand?

What province is famous for silk production?

Reading the Nationality Act and the Interior Ministry's regulations for naturalisation in Thai is very useful training as there will certainly be questions to do with the legal process of naturalisation. You should be able to recognise the Thai for Royal Gazette and Special Branch for example. All very simple but involves a little work and practice. This will also help a lot in the reading and writing tests, not to mention all the interviews.

Good luck and keep off the piss.

This is already a very helpful post for the OP but i wonder , could you recommend a decent thai language school?

• Like 1

Go to any decent Thai language school and first of all perfect your Thai. Then get some information about the Knowledge of Thailand test from Special Branch and get your teacher to help you learn the rajasap vocab to do with the monarchy, the Thai political system, geography, culture etc as well as prepare simple general knowledge. You will be asked easy a,b,c or d multiple choice questions like:

Reading the Nationality Act and the Interior Ministry's regulations for naturalisation in Thai is very useful training as there will certainly be questions to do with the legal process of naturalisation. You should be able to recognise the Thai for Royal Gazette and Special Branch for example. All very simple but involves a little work and practice. This will also help a lot in the reading and writing tests, not to mention all the interviews.

is ther more proviences now than that before as samui has been upgraded to Nakorn Samui and a few more places have been upgraded since 2005

How about a decent English language school first! biggrin.png .... .tongue.png .... I've been dying to say that all day! wink.pngw00t.gif

forget is i am starting new lanugae rarther than revising an old one.

Maybe i am disleksick. dont evenn now if i spelt that right. or i just have a shit understanding of how to break down words and spell them. dont jnow dont care as long as the message is understood. Maybe can have a BIG C translater bing tool lol

• Like 2

sorry 1 more question.

dont suppose anyone knows that if you have completed the process that your are able to vote in elections? thanks

After your 500 thb are we big c ?

Sent from my iPhone using ThaiVisa app

• Like 1

sorry 1 more question.

dont suppose anyone knows that if you have completed the process that your are able to vote in elections? thanks

no i want to go into politicals and give you or your thai spouse 500 baht ha ha

sorry 1 more question.

It was a lot more than that at the last election.

A friend of mine was given 1,000 baht by one party, then offered 1,500 baht by the other!

A friend of mine was given 1,000 baht by one party, then offered 1,500 baht by the other!

That's for the mayor election.

500 baht is for general elections.

BigC is aiming for parliament.

Ahhh - now I understand. sorry.gif my mistake.ermm.gif

MjAxMi1hNDVlMzUwNGNmOTk5OGU0.png

• Like 2

well if you all follow my on my citizern trip i shall sponser it as long as you vote for me when the time comes. i also want your souls. of your shoes thanksPosted Image

Maybe sky 1 or channel 5 can do a Documentary on you and your citizen trip ? ( heard they pay well )

sorry 1 more question.

no i want to go into politicals and give you or your thai spouse 500 baht ha ha

You will be eligible and, indeed, obliged to vote 5 years after becoming a Thai citizen under the current constitution. However, must public office positions like MP, senator, judge etc require you to be Thai from birth.

This is already a very helpful post for the OP but i wonder , could you recommend a decent thai language school?

Sorry, I don't know which are good today as it's been a while since I attended one but there are many that provide one on one lessons which means you can ask them to add teaching for the citizenship tests to your curriculum.

• Like 1

None of the Thai schools on Koh samui offer group classes to anything like citizenship level. They have teachers with the right experience and the materials but most students drop out well before that level and they just do not have the demand to support classes. The majority of students just do some basic classes to get the Education Visa. That means after after about 150-200 lessons level you would need to do mainly one on one. Both Mind Your Language and Thai Solutions are good (well structured and with experienced teachers).

None of the Thai schools on Koh samui offer group classes to anything like citizenship level. They have teachers with the right experience and the materials but most students drop out well before that level and they just do not have the demand to support classes. The majority of students just do some basic classes to get the Education Visa. That means after after about 150-200 lessons level you would need to do mainly one on one. Both Mind Your Language and Thai Solutions are good (well structured and with experienced teachers).

Any decent Thai school will do. No one is going to have special classes for this. You have to tell them your needs and ask them to teach accordingly. If you learn Thai to intermediate standard, including reading and writing, you are most of the way there already. Even if you don't want to take the written tests, your spoken Thai will be deficient, if you can't read because you will never learn formal vocab about the Nationality Act etc.

• Like 1

Any decent Thai school will do. No one is going to have special classes for this. You have to tell them your needs and ask them to teach accordingly. If you learn Thai to intermediate standard, including reading and writing, you are most of the way there already. Even if you don't want to take the written tests, your spoken Thai will be deficient, if you can't read because you will never learn formal vocab about the Nationality Act etc.

yes i agree if you can read and write in Thai and see that coarse through then u are almost there. If on the other hand one does not see the first step through then they probably would not make the whole test anyway

• 3 months later...

yes i agree if you can read and write in Thai and see that coarse through then u are almost there. If on the other hand one does not see the first step through then they probably would not make the whole test anyway

Well I think most people who get Thai nationality aren't that brilliant in Thai anyway but need to be able to speak and understand enough in the interviews. The reading and writing tests are only for a few points and they will not force you to take them, if you don't want to. The Nationality Act actually only requires knowledge of spoken Thai.

• Like 1