Carbon Aftermarket Exhausts

I am planning to buy yoshimura r77 full system for my cbr500r to give it a little more grunt and sound and to get rid of 4 kgs from the bike.

I really liked the carbon version but i am septic a little as Thailand is hot and commuting in Bangkok is hotter and cbr500r is also getting hot a lot. These are not a good combination for a carbon pipe.

I heard many burned carbon pipes in Thailand and i do not want any problems or repack it every 6 months as i want to buy a pipe once and do not want to touch it for a long time.

I can go for the stainless version to prevent problems although it does not look as good as carbon and i really want carbon one.

So, do you use a carbon pipe in Thailand! Do you have any burnmarks if yes?

And what should i do you think?

Thanks.

post-114750-13689464121006_thumb.jpg

post-114750-13689464221273_thumb.jpg

post-114750-1368946750559_thumb.jpg

post-114750-13689467620401_thumb.jpg

What about titanium?

No matter what it's made from, you can always get a replacement sleeve if it becomes discolored, and packing material is very cheap- I would go for the one I most like the looks of.

Yoshimura makes a high-quality product- it should last years before you have to mess with it.

Edited by RubberSideDown
  • Like 1

s it a real Yoshi or a copy?

if real. how can you be sure?

what about the ones Brian is selling now.. i forget the name.

They do not have full system yet thai cbr. But i like Corsa brand too. Full titanium and good welding. It is second on my list bc i want sonething quickly. I will wait a month anyway and if they release the full system, why not?

Yoshi does not have titanium rsd. If they made it, i go for titanium sure.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Edited by loserlazer

s it a real Yoshi or a copy?

if real. how can you be sure?

what about the ones Brian is selling now.. i forget the name.

They do not have full system yet thai cbr. But i like Corsa brand too. Full titanium and good welding. It is second on my list bc i want sonething quickly. I will wait a month anyway and if they release the full system, why not?

Yoshi does not have titanium rsd. If they made it, i go for titanium sure.

That's true but they also said if you buy the slip on now they will sell you the down pipe later for a special price (combined same as the full system)

Sent from my i-mobile i-STYLE Q6

• Like 1

I looked it up- yup, looks like no titanium- there are a couple of Leo Vince full systems that look interesting.

Yes, there's the Leo Vince SBK GP Corsa full system for the CBR 500. 19000 baht (carbon) or the aluminium one for a little under 18000 baht.

I'll be buying one for my CBR250. I just can't justify 30000 baht for a Yoshi.

I looked it up- yup, looks like no titanium- there are a couple of Leo Vince full systems that look interesting.

Yes, there's the Leo Vince SBK GP Corsa full system for the CBR 500. 19000 baht (carbon) or the aluminium one for a little under 18000 baht.

I'll be buying one for my CBR250. I just can't justify 30000 baht for a Yoshi.

Yoshi full systen carbon is around 620 usd - 18.000 thb - plus shipping.

I thought about leo vince corsa but it is made in indonesia and welding is not so good plus there are some backfiring issues with it, this is what i heard.

I thought about leo vince corsa but it is made in indonesia and welding is not so good plus there are some backfiring issues with it, this is what i heard.

If you go to a full system, unless you do some tuning and block off the PAIR valve, you'll very likely have some deceleration pop no matter which brand you purchase- if you're just getting slip-ons it shouldn't be an issue.

The exhaust I'm having installed this week comes with the PAIR valve block-off kit, and I'll be doing some FI tuning as well- even with that, I still expect some issues until I get the ECU flashed- even though its a different bike from yours, you'll probably still have to do some tuning as well when you swap your header- it's a byproduct of the increased air-flow of a freer-breathing system.

• Like 2

If you go to a full system, unless you do some tuning and block off the PAIR valve, you'll very likely have some deceleration pop no matter which brand you purchase- if you're just getting slip-ons it shouldn't be an issue.

The exhaust I'm having installed this week comes with the PAIR valve block-off kit, and I'll be doing some FI tuning as well- even with that, I still expect some issues until I get the ECU flashed- even though its a different bike from yours, you'll probably still have to do some tuning as well when you swap your header- it's a byproduct of the increased air-flow of a freer-breathing system.

Yep that is the truth of it & to tell you the truth I liked it better in many ways when it was jetting changes instead of ecu related laugh.png

At least it was easier to do yourself & cheaper.

I have heard a bit about the block offs & seen pictures but have not

used any

I recently changed my pipe & air filter on my N250 & of course have the deceleration backfires

Although not as bad as initial run I will be dealing with it & probably need to grab a bazazz or PCV

So the block offs help a lot do they? I wonder if someone has done any on the new FI Ninja 250's?

• Like 1

LL isnt that the point of real carbon to handle the heat? imo no way should outside heat affect your exhaust here.

I think the problems occur when you use a strap around the exhaust the difference in heat disappation. But I could be wrong. Or it could just be shxt copy carbon :D

Sent from my i-mobile i-STYLE Q6