Sunrise Tacos Stall On The Side That Is Dark

hotandhumid

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

FYI, there is "Palms" (or something like that) on Khao Thalo, they have very decent Mexican Food ....

Been there several time, a bit greasy, but decent ...

luudee

sorry Ludee they have been closed for eons

Yes, unfortunately, they did close months ago. I ate there twice, and found it acceptable. Not nearly as good as either Mike's or Sunrise, IMO. Still, I regretted the closing, since they were the only Mex option on this side at the time.

Gil here from sunrise. We are here in the mobile location EVERY Day, rain or shine. 530 pm onwards until 10pm. We have about 15 dishes, including some nice salads. We also deliver from here much faster. We are right at the 7-11 and tesco lotus intersection on Soi Siam country club.

Many of the mobile food trucks in the larger cities in the USA are using social media (twitter, facebook, etc.) to let customers know (customers that choose to follow you on social media) where they will be parked at on a given day/time. This way fans of your food will always know where to go to buy a meal.

Gil here from sunrise. We are here in the mobile location EVERY Day, rain or shine. 530 pm onwards until 10pm. We have about 15 dishes, including some nice salads. We also deliver from here much faster. We are right at the 7-11 and tesco lotus intersection on Soi Siam country club.

Many of the mobile food trucks in the larger cities in the USA are using social media (twitter, facebook, etc.) to let customers know (customers that choose to follow you on social media) where they will be parked at on a given day/time. This way fans of your food will always know where to go to buy a meal.

Just the message of Gil one more time please, he is stating that they will at the mobile location at SSCC EVERY day, at least thats how i have read it. Its a hassle if they would be moving to different places every other day so i am more then happy if the truck is there every day and i not need to check FB where the truck is which day.

Hi Gil,

raro here...I was not made aware of the hot option, would have loved it. Extra cheese I would also have invested in.

Then I would have preferred a smaller sized snack and a smaller amount to pay for it as well. Was a full blown meal when a snack would have sufficed. Different sized options maybe?

best of luck with your business, great to have options around here.

raro

Just the message of Gil one more time please, he is stating that they will at the mobile location at SSCC EVERY day, at least thats how i have read it. Its a hassle if they would be moving to different places every other day so i am more then happy if the truck is there every day and i not need to check FB where the truck is which day.

We are there at the same spot EVERY day, rain or shine. We have an overhead cover in the event of rain. We will only close when you can walk your dog in Thailand without beating off all the other soi and stray dogs....certainly not in my lifetime.

Gil

They don't have the best Mex in the Pattaya area; but there's no other decent option on this side that I know of.

>. It's near the top for Mex food in Thailand.

Quite a drastic change in opinion, isn't it ? Got a discount ?

Anyway this is where I considered your review not credible anymore.

Gil expressed concern about my keeping the wrap overnight, since he thought the sauce might soak through the tortilla. I assured him that I've done this before, and a wrap, kept in the refrigerator, stays intact well enough to heat up and enjoy the next day.

We don't give discounts for good reviews. We pay cold hard cash.

Just wrapped up. Great business today, and thank you for your patronage. Burritos went out the door like dogs run amok. Saw a lot of familiar faces. Lots of people said thanks for a new option in east Pattaya!

Passed ST on my way to sams and only two people having meal. The truck must be selling more than the store.

They don't have the best Mex in the Pattaya area; but there's no other decent option on this side that I know of.

Gil expressed concern about my keeping the wrap overnight, since he thought the sauce might soak through the tortilla. I assured him that I've done this before, and a wrap, kept in the refrigerator, stays intact well enough to heat up and enjoy the next day.

I'm not sure why you consider the statements "not the best" and "near the top" as a drastic change in opinion. They're not at all contradictory or mutually exclusive.

As for the statement on keeping the wrap in the refrigerator overnight; there again, I don't get your point. It IS an option that works for storing the next day's lunch.

>>. It's near the top for Mex food in Thailand.

lockquote>

Gil expressed concern about my keeping the wrap overnight, since he thought the sauce might soak through the tortilla. I assured him that I've done this before, and a wrap, kept in the refrigerator, stays intact well enough to heat up and enjoy the next day. <

/span>

We don't give discounts for good reviews. We pay cold hard cash.

Hmm, in that case even I might start to like mexican food. biggrin.png

Edited by jbrain

I'm not sure why you consider the statements "not the best" and "near the top" as a drastic change in opinion. They're not at all contradictory or mutually exclusive.

As for the statement on keeping the wrap in the refrigerator overnight; there again, I don't get your point. It IS an option that works for storing the next day's lunch.

I don't know, but if one says that a particular shop is not the best in Pattaya, then I understand that there are better options in this 20 sq km city, but the next post that very same shop is considered one of the best in a 514.000 sq km country, if that isn't contradictory.

As for the wrap overnight, I have my thoughts about the reliabilty of food reviews given by someone who considers reheated food a quality meal.

But of course everyone is entitled to his own opinions.

Just wrapped up. Great business today, and thank you for your patronage. Burritos went out the door like dogs run amok. Saw a lot of familiar faces. Lots of people said thanks for a new option in east Pattaya!

Passed ST on my way to sams and only two people having meal. The truck must be selling more than the store.

Slow season has started. Everyone is quiet.

Slow season has started. Everyone is quiet.

I take it that yesterday was still high season then and slow season has started today biggrin.png You should have planned better as it is a real bummer when slow season starts just a few days after you start a new venture.

Edited by jbrain

Makes sense to me. Darkside not as tourism dependent.

Our thinking, exactly. And not a lot to eat out here! Customer make up different too. 60% Thai. Glad to see the Thais wealth improving. They are dropping 500-700 baht easily at our truck. They'll rarely come to the restaurant though.

Our thinking, exactly. And not a lot to eat out here! Customer make up different too. 60% Thai. Glad to see the Thais wealth improving. They are dropping 500-700 baht easily at our truck. They'll rarely come to the restaurant though.

Quite surprised to hear that actually.

Glad to see the Thais wealth improving.

And long may it continue, but that particular statement would read interesting in the financial sections of the forum.

I have my doubts due to what's coming to such an economy.

Pattaya real estate has shifted too, developers seeking a larger Thai market.

Quite surprised to hear that actually.

Not at all. My new wine venture is also aiming predominantley at Thais. So far the foreigners bought mostly the cheaper wines whereas the thais went straight to the top shelve wines shunning the cheaper ones altogether.

740 pm sat night. 20 orders out already. All Thai. One girl we know well, arrives in a Honda, takes it to go, drops 400 b each time. Even I am surprised.

Maybe 90% of those Thais were sent by falangs to buy dinner.

740 pm sat night. 20 orders out already. All Thai. One girl we know well, arrives in a Honda, takes it to go, drops 400 b each time. Even I am surprised.

Maybe 90% of those Thais were sent by falangs to buy dinner.

Who cares? Their money is green. Or whatever color it is.

Despite starting this thread I didn't try this place until last night...a good menu and I got a couple of soft tortillas....I also met Gill and spoke to him briefly he was sitting on the wall drinking the hard stuff from cans like a homeless man and his speach was very slurrred.....still, each to their own..

A great addition to the dark side this...

Despite starting this thread I didn't try this place until last night...a good menu and I got a couple of soft tortillas....I also met Gill and spoke to him briefly he was sitting on the wall drinking the hard stuff from cans like a homeless man and his speach was very slurrred.....still, each to their own..

A great addition to the dark side this...

Hey, you think this is a great addition? Wait 'til Gil opens his "Sunrise On The Darkside" restaurant, and has Margarita Happy Hours from 4-6 every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, with all margaritas at half price with a food purchase. (He doesn't know about this yet, but I'll work on him!!) whistling.gifdrunk.gifpartytime2.gif