Samui Cable Tv Now Digital +168 Channels

Not being sarcastic, I just don't understand the science, but if SC has a frequency wouldn't that mean it is being broadcast over 'airwaves'?

Samui cable is what it says, via cable.

Always willing to learn.

frequencies are transmitted by almost anything...

Not being sarcastic, I just don't understand the science, but if SC has a frequency wouldn't that mean it is being broadcast over 'airwaves'?

Samui cable is what it says, via cable.

Always willing to learn.

Ahhh, Just Googled it and I think I got it wrong maybe you are referring to cable. Sorry I can't help to answer your question though.

For the rest of us (TE, Rooo and ikbenhet) here is the simple answer as to what QAM means:

Quadrature amplitude modulation (QAM) is a modulation scheme in which

two sinusoidal carriers, one exactly 90 degrees out of phase with

respect to the other, are used to transmit data over a given physical

channel. Because the orthogonal carriers occupy the same frequency band

and differ by a 90 degree phase shift, each can be modulated

independently, transmitted over the same frequency band, and separated

by demodulation at the receiver. For a given available bandwidth, QAM

enables data transmission at twice the rate of standard pulse amplitude

modulation (PAM) without any degradation in the bit error rate (BER).

QAM and its derivatives are used in both mobile radio and satellite

communication systems.

Got it?blink.png

Yorkie - that one should come with a health warning, Nearly crippled myself falling off my chair laughing. cheesy.gif

• Like 1

I have it, and honestly, it is rubbish....

It is digital tv with a setup box (the cheapest made in China one they could find) like we know in Western countries. Yes, lots of useless channels, but the price is the same as the analog cable, so you have more trash for your thb.

The big problem is that half of the time it doesn't work. The wife becomes crazy when her favourite show stops in the middle or has some kind of buffering problem (lools like watching a movie over the internet on a very slow connection). If it works, the image is much sharper as before.

Still a lot of work to do for the Samui Cable guys, but it is nice that at least they try to bring us digital tv ;-)

It is digital tv with a setup box (the cheapest made in China one they could find) like we know in Western countries. Yes, lots of useless channels, but the price is the same as the analog cable, so you have more trash for your thb.

The big problem is that half of the time it doesn't work. The wife becomes crazy when her favourite show stops in the middle or has some kind of buffering problem (lools like watching a movie over the internet on a very slow connection). If it works, the image is much sharper as before.

Still a lot of work to do for the Samui Cable guys, but it is nice that at least they try to bring us digital tv ;-)

U235.

I have DVB-c box from europe.

Do you know the Frequency (MHz)

Symbolrate and QAM for the digital Tv channel?

Do they just give you only the set top box or do you also need a smart card to be able to receive the channels? I wonder if I can just connect my own box or if I do have to get it from them together with the card.

Do they just give you only the set top box or do you also need a smart card to be able to receive the channels? I wonder if I can just connect my own box or if I do have to get it from them together with the card.

You don't need a smart card, the missus just called them to upgrade the existing analogue signal (which still works for other tv's b.t.w.)

Technician came to install the box, she just paid a small fee for it. Went extremely smooth.

No idea about frequencies, symbolrates etc... think you better ask them directly and hope you find a staff who knows what you are talking about ;-)

Edited by U235
  • Like 2