Ed-Visa-Capable Thai Language Schools In Udon Thani (2)

Hi,

as this topic is archived I have to create a new thread. Does anyone have current information about language schools in Udon which are able to provide documents for ED visa? It appears that AUA is not offering Thai classes anymore and they do not respond to my mails.

Thanks,

udondan

Thanks Mario,

I found a note from Nick, who's working there, on another board, stating the same. Well that's too bad, as that would be a very short study then. ;-)

I found the Thai diploma at UDRU, but the information on their website is from 2010, so I don't know if they still offer: http://www.udru.ac.th/english/footlight-03studythai.html

Any other schools which give the required documents?

Cheers,

udondan

Be warned...(and this is piss funny) they are now testing your language skills when you go for your extension/reportage....

I had the pleasure of sitting next to two lads last night who had lost their visas....

So make sure you go to school kiddies.....

It appears problem with schools/university in Udon is that they cannot provide documents for the the ED visa at nearby embassies or consulates and extension of stay at immigration.

With enrollment documents you could probably get a multiple entry ED visa from a embassy or consulate farther afield (IE: Australia) or in your home country. This would mean border runs every 90 days but from Udon that would not be a serious problem.

Edited by ubonjoe

Walen is considering a school in Udon Thani however we experience strong competition form newly opened "schools" that just "sell" visas. That makes investments into new schools a problematic matter. Focusing on the Thai market makes a lot more sense to Walen as foreign market is not reliable. Soon they will be selling ED visas for 5k and if the whole system is screwed up do not blame Walen! We are unable to charge 20 Baht per lesson and run a normal school with teachers and actual classes. No legitimate school is able to do that. We have a lot at stake so we cannot do what other newly opened "school" do. Just something to think about not that anybody would care. We are not just passing by this country so we need to do things by the book.

Hi MacWalen,

thanks for your answer. I have never heard of any of these "schools" and please believe me when I say I really want to learn Thai language and do not just look for a way to get the visa papers.

I already wrote a mail to Walen, but did not get a response yet. My question was, if I could participate in your online course and get the visa papers from your school. I understand if that's not possible due to restrictions. But it would be a pity if I would have to search for one of these "schools" you mentioned and at the same time pay a real school (which can't provide the visa papers) in Udon Thani for teaching me...

Thanks,

udondan

As you are not in Thailand would remind if your email was recent that this has been (another) long holiday weekend in Thailand starting on Friday so expect most offices would have been closed.