Thai Film?

kkf123

Bullseye Steveromango. What does it translate as, Seven something House????

I think it means the 7 people who come face to face headon with the attackers of the house... literally it doesn't mean much

seven

meeting something head to head

house

but strung together it means the 7 people who come together to meet head to head with the attackers..something like that.... this is stretching my thai ability!

slightly :o but I watched a british film set on Samui recently, 'the butterfly man'.

Id imagine a good few TV members have seen it before.

pretty ordinary storyline, acting and production tbh :D . that said, Id imagine the budget for the film wasnt the biggest.

bizarre seeing Samui sights on film though. :D

Edited by game4shame

slightly but I watched a british film set on Samui recently, 'the butterfly man'

Can't have been that recent - I saw the movie about 2 years ago.

poor sentence structure - how dare I do that on such a formal forum :D:D:o

I meant id watched it recently. film was made circa 2003. :D

Edited by game4shame

Strangely nobody has mentioned Tears of a Black Tiger and the follow up that was made in 2004 Citizen Dog (Maa Nakorn)
Er........click on here, 10th and last on the list; Fa Talai Jone = Tears of the Black Tiger.

Butterflyman? Crap film. So is The Beach.

For a good western film set in Thailand, see The Tesseract. Based on an Alex Garland novel (as is The Beach), although the book is set in Manilla.

A whole lot better than the Beach (not difficult), if only for 2 reasons; Alex Garland had a hand in the screenplay and it's directed by Oxide Pang.

Strangely nobody has mentioned Tears of a Black Tiger and the follow up that was made in 2004 Citizen Dog (Maa Nakorn)

Er........click on here, 10th and last on the list; Fa Talai Jone = Tears of the Black Tiger.

Butterflyman? Crap film. So is The Beach. Yes! :o Very bad movie that one. I wouldn't not have watched it (I dislike Leo) except my wife wanted me to see where the film was shot. So, I watched it for the scenery, which was the only thing nice about the film.

For a good western film set in Thailand, see The Tesseract. Based on an Alex Garland novel (as is The Beach), although the book is set in Manilla.

A whole lot better than the Beach (not difficult), if only for 2 reasons; Alex Garland had a hand in the screenplay and it's directed by Oxide Pang.

The Bodyguard, directed by and starring Mum Jokmok, is good. The action sequences are well choreographed, the plot ok, and it is most definitely not to be taken seriously. Very funny, the sequence with the water pistol is hilarious.

The UK distributors, Momentum Asia, are marketing it as a follow up to Ong Bak, highlighting it as the "Return of Tony Jaa." He has a small cameo. As do many stars from Thai TV, movies and sport.

BTW, Whitney Houston is not in it; neither is Kevin Costner!

I forgot Tae Guk Gee:The Brotherhood of War. Very good film. :o

Is that the Korean one with body parts flying everywhere?

I thought it was v. good too - but sthg that annoys me about certain Asian fims is the sudden sentimental music and rather melodramatic dialogue ...

I forgot Tae Guk Gee:The Brotherhood of War. Very good film. :o

Is that the Korean one with body parts flying everywhere?

I thought it was v. good too - but sthg that annoys me about certain Asian fims is the sudden sentimental music and rather melodramatic dialogue ...

I have noticed with Asian film that it's either no emotion what so ever, or completely over the top. It's like they are manic. Kind of fun though.

• 3 months later...

Butterflyman? Crap film.

:o I didnt want to be too blunt initially but, yep, its awful!! :D

Just seen Butterfly Man. Yes, ok the plot is total nonsense and the lead man was poor - but it was quite entertaining none the less, some of it very authentically done. Mamee Nakprasite is far too pretty to be working in a back street Ko samui massage shop though - not very likely!

Oh and has anyone been (or heard of other people) drugged in the way the main actor was in this film?