Purpose For For Transfering "buying Condo"

I have just sent money from my bank to buy condo in Thailand.(more than 50000 pounds)

In Object/Purpose I wrote excactly :

"FUNDS TO BUY CONDO <Unit number> <Name of residence> FOR Mr <my name>"

Will it be OK ?

Because sommetimes I can see the sentence http://www.raimonland.com/en/prop_buyersguide.asp

"FOR THE PURCHASE OF BUYING A CONDOMINIUM, UNIT #____ IN TOWER ____ IN _______ PROJECT".

I think both have same meanings and I hope my kasikorn bank will be OK with my own sentence ?

What do you think ?

The 4th of june will come back in thailand to go land office... will go for 3 weeks max but should I take tourist visa anyway to look

more serious in front of my bank and land office ?

Jay

smile.png

Edited by thooktong

I seriously doubt that the foreign exchange certificate will have that much detail. Mine from SCB merely stated "for the purchase of a condo in Thai, preceded by a six number code

see attached screen grab:

attachicon.gifFEC.png

Thank you very much I hope so,

good news today as I check my balance I can see that my 'big' bank transfer to my kasikorn account have just been completed successfully;

I seriously doubt that the foreign exchange certificate will have that much detail. Mine from SCB merely stated "for the purchase of a condo in Thai, preceded by a six number code

see attached screen grab:

attachicon.gifFEC.png

Thank you very much I hope so,

good news today as I check my balance I can see that my 'big' bank transfer to my kasikorn account have just been completed successfully;

Good news

You will have to go to your home branch and get the Exchange Certificate to take to the Land Office for the transfer. Don't get excited if the Land Office keeps the original and returns a copy to you with a stamp on the back. This is normal since the original becomes part of the official Chanote file

Thank you so much smile.png

But In your link the purpose code is like 318069 but in another link it looks like 381069

I do not understand the difference I am sorry what is the good one to buy condo in foreign name (my own name) rolleyes.gif ?

http://www.raimonland.com/en/prop_buyersguide.asp

1. The purpose of the remittance MUST be stated on the remittance advice. This should be "FOR THE PURCHASE OF BUYING A CONDOMINIUM, UNIT #____ IN TOWER ____ IN _______ PROJECT". The Bank of Thailand's transaction purpose code for this is 381069.

Thank you so much smile.png

But In your link the purpose code is like 318069 but in another link it looks like 381069

I do not understand the difference I am sorry what is the good one to buy condo in foreign name (my own name) rolleyes.gif ?

http://www.raimonland.com/en/prop_buyersguide.asp

• The purpose of the remittance MUST be stated on the remittance advice. This should be "FOR THE PURCHASE OF BUYING A CONDOMINIUM, UNIT #____ IN TOWER ____ IN _______ PROJECT". The Bank of Thailand's transaction purpose code for this is 381069.
I would not put the code on the request, but let the bank use the code that they feel is appropriate and correct. Mine was not a link but a screen shot of my actual Foreign Currency Exchange Certificate issued by SCB, which was accepted by the Land Office at the time the Chanote (in my foreign name) was issued

Thanks again for answering smile.png

I would have another questions :

After staying in Thailand with tourist visa extended 30 days (from 11th February to 9th May this year)

I will go back Thailand next week the 4th of June (for less than 30 days) to go land office to pay for my condo and have my Chanote in my name... will come back 2nd July

1. Normally visa run by my coming back flight from Europe is should be enough to stay 30 days again (after the first 3 months previously) is that correct ?

2. However should I take tourist visa anyway to look more serious in front of my bank to get Foreign Currency Exchange Certificate

and in front of land office to get Chanote in my name ? Does the Thai law actually allow (on visa run) to go Land office to get chanote in my name ?

ermm.gif

Jay

I don't really understand you question(s) but the bank is not doing you any favor in issuing you and Currency Exchange Certificate, they have to by Thai law

to look more serious in front of my bank

A more important question is do you have a Thai Bank Account ?

If yes, then I don't think you will have a probelm. I don't remember at any stage being asked by either the Land Office or the bank about my visa status. I know that some people have a problem registering cars and motorcycles on a tourist visa because most dealers want you to have a Residence Certificate for registering the vehicle and Immigration usually will not issue one without some proof of address

I don't really understand you question(s) but the bank is not doing you any favor in issuing you and Currency Exchange Certificate, they have to by Thai law

to look more serious in front of my bank

A more important question is do you have a Thai Bank Account ?

If yes, then I don't think you will have a probelm. I don't remember at any stage being asked by either the Land Office or the bank about my visa status. I know that some people have a problem registering cars and motorcycles on a tourist visa because most dealers want you to have a Residence Certificate for registering the vehicle and Immigration usually will not issue one without some proof of address

Ok visa status does not matter. I wanted to be sure before going to thailand,

Now I Know I do not need to go thai ambassy to take tourist visa before my trip.

Yes I have a thai bank : kasikorn bank in Hua Hin branch because I buy a condo in Hua Hin.

Thanks so much. wai2.gif