Thai Woman Scammed Out Of 200,000 Baht By ' Nigerian 419' Approach

webfact

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I still have trunks full of gold and cash waiting for me in several airports over the whole world smile.png

I 'only' have to transfer a couple of hundred dollars and these trunks are all mine....

Is there someone in TV who wants to help me with these trunks filled with millions of dollars?!?cheesy.gif

My standard answer is normally: "So sorry, but I am short of cash at the moment. Please advance the money (just 300 US$ or so), and I will pay you back 100 times the amount, if the trunk contains what you say it contains" (((Hey, what is 30,000 US$ if I get 35 Million dollars?!? I am a generous guy))) Normally there is no more reply after that tongue.pngcheesy.gif

I know where you're coming from. lol I like the ones that tell me they are at JFK or LAX now, and waiting for me to contact them. I shoot an email back and tell them: "Really? Wow! Great, but you're in the wrong country!" No more emails. And then the ones from "Robert F. Mueller - FBI" that informs me that they have intercepted my parcel, but declared it "legal", and I can now have it as soon as I pay a small "tax".

Couple of months back my wife told me about her friend who had met a rich man from Aussie Land on the internet. Man loved her, wanted to marry her, and was sending her a package with new iPhone, iPad, and gold jewelry. I told my wife that in a day or so, her friend would get an email from one of the delivery services, telling her she had to pay "import taxes" or "handling fees", and that it was a scam. She called her friend immediately and told her. Sure as heck, woman gets the email from delivery service 2 days later, informing her she had to pay "transfer fees" before they could delver the package with all the goodies. She called my wife back and said to tell me "Thank you".

I think FB, and LOS in particular, is "fresh meat" for this guys, and there will be a lot more of this happening.

She was 'well educated', I beg to differ.

We can say the same about university educated foreign men that buy houses/farms/businesses in their grammer school educated Thai wife's name.

Back on topic, its not a one way street as Thai women are also scammed by foreigners...

+1

The Nigerians are going to have a very good market here! With all the greedy Thai ladies around "looking for love" wub.png

I don't feel sorry for the victims, it is simply karma catching up!

They also do quite well with all the greedy people in Europe, North America, Australia, etc. Thai ladies don't have a monopoly and greed and stupidity.

How easy it is to scam the greedy. She should be in jail for attempting to launder money. Zero sympathy

Earth calling Suffinator... Please please explain where you dreamed up that she was hoping to launder money.

Easy to scam the stupid too, a prime example would be you but there again you would misread it as you did this post !!!!

Jailed because a guy was going to send her millions of Baht so she could buy a house etc ? that a criminal offence ?

"There's a TV programme about a team of con artists that regularly uses the line " you can't con an honest man ( or woman )."

That statement is self-evidently false. Good people (naive, maybe, but that's no crime) get scammed all the time, all over this sad world. Even people as smart as some of you think you are. Never think you can't be had. You can.

And all of this yukking it up about it's great to see "greedy" Thai ladies getting what's coming to them, it's pretty low.

• Like 1

She was 'well educated', I beg to differ.

We can say the same about university educated foreign men that buy houses/farms/businesses in their grammer school educated Thai wife's name.

Back on topic, its not a one way street as Thai women are also scammed by foreigners...

Bravo. I might add the university westerners usually have bonafide degrees that entail critical and analytical thinking skills, something of which is uncommon in Thai education. No doubt many punters are hailing the online scammer as "an avenging angel"

Dear o dear, there are some bitter people in this forum tonight. The poor woman has been scammed of her life savings. Lets hope the Police catch the perpetrator. Sorry that you have had bad experiences that have twisted you so badly. She's 35yrs old, most of the Thai woman are paid poorly don't wish ill on people, its just nasty, she was duped. Nobody deserves that.

Or perhaps this allegedly scammed woman is hoping a "white knight" steps out of the shadows and gives her 200,000 baht ?

• Like 1

Before the internet these cons where done face to face from the guy in a bar right through to a team of con artists selling you the Brooklyn Bridge some fairly sensible people have been scammed and this has happened in every country in the world .

How many of can say we never bought something that somebody convicted us was the real McCoy to find out later is was a load of poo.

There will always be greed and people who will fall for the con.

Human nature.

Be careful out there it's a rat race.

If some of the very outspoken forum members had bothered to have a look at the link, they might have read the following:

Pretending to be US embassy employee, the scammers tricked the woman into paying for admin fees which they claimed were due to Thailand’s Immigration department.

So it is no "money laundering", no "greed", no "hunted huntress", just a vulnerable victim being robbed by a ruthless criminal.

Somewhere out there is a scam with your name on it. It may not be the suitcase full of Saddam Hussein's gold or the inheritance of a deceased long lost relative, it may come disguised as serious business offer or as honourable charity. You should pray that you both never meet. For when you do, you will be just as eager to empty your bank account as this woman.

edit: language

Edited by MikeOboe57
  • Like 1

It's hard to have sympathy here....

Unless of course the victim was a farang !

Then all sympathies would be pouring in left, right and center !!

In case you hadn't noticed, there's plenty of Farang Victims in Thailand,but I shouldn't think it would bother you though.

Edited by MAJIC

If some of the very outspoken forum members had bothered to have a look at the link, they might have read the following:

Pretending to be US embassy employee, the scammers tricked the woman into paying for admin fees which they claimed were due to Thailand’s Immigration department.

So it is no "money laundering", no "greed", no "hunted huntress", just a vulnerable victim being robbed by a ruthless criminal.

Somewhere out there is a scam with your name on it. It may not be the suitcase full of Saddam Hussein's gold or the inheritance of a deceased long lost relative, it may come disguised as serious business offer or as honourable charity. You should pray that you both never meet. For when you do, you will be just as eager to empty your bank account as this woman.

edit: language

Quite right,if you think you are too smart to claim "It could never happen to me",it could very well do!

The Nigerians are going to have a very good market here! With all the greedy Thai ladies around "looking for love" wub.png

I don't feel sorry for the victims, it is simply karma catching up!

Well, this isn't really parallel as the Nigerians don't even use their real pictures. If they did, the Thai women would never be interested. The Nigerians post pictures of white Western men because to lure the women. Not many Thai women would send money if they knew it was an African man.

• Like 1

Glad to see Karma at work in Thailand. I wonder how they feel now on the other side of the scam. Greed for money was their goal and scammed was the end game. Could not have happened to a better group of people, Thai opportunistic women counting their gold before it is in their hands/

I wasn't familiar with the 419 site so took a look. On the home page, an ad for a dating site, Asian Beauties popped up!!

Not only do they warn or scams, but give a site to go to so that you can perpetrate scams!! It's a ready market, and quite amazing that the owners of Asian Beauties permit it to pop up there, or maybe they prefer it to pop up there?

Edited by F4UCorsair

I wasn't familiar with the 419 site so took a look. On the home page, an ad for a dating site, Asian Beauties popped up!!

Not only do they warn or scams, but give a site to go to so that you can perpetrate scams!! It's a ready market, and quite amazing that the owners of Asian Beauties permit it to pop up there, or maybe they prefer it to pop up there?

I think you will find that the "surprise" adverts for Thai Dating is more due to Google Advert integration with knowing that your browser has been visiting a Thai orientated web-site than any other 419 connection.

I cant belive someone would be fooled by this scam. ! And it says above shes well educated, i say there is more brains in a glass ashtray !

Good on ya my Nigerian man! You have shown the Thai yellers howlers what education really is!

Trink was writing about this back in the 1990s....

It's hard to have sympathy here....

Seems the lass never read her Night Owl....

so true! this scam has been around for years and it is not only the dumb women who have bitted! the old addage "one born every minute applies!