Crackdown Nets 800 Suspects In Mekong Region Drugs Smuggling

webfact

Crackdown nets 800 suspects in Mekong region drugs smuggling

BANGKOK: -- Police from four nations have so far detained more than 800 suspects and shut down several drug rings in a crackdown on gangs operating along the Mekong River, Chinese state media said Tuesday.

The month-long operation by police from China, Thailand, Myanmar and Laos led to the arrest of 812 suspects from the four nations and Vietnam, Xinhua news agency quoted Chinese police as saying.

Police recovered 1.93 tonnes of drugs as well as guns and ammunition in the operations that are scheduled to continue for another month, spokesman Lan Weihong said.

Speaking at the headquarters for the joint operation in China’s south-western city of Kunming, Lan said police intelligence suggested that several drug rings had "ceased operation in the wake of the crackdown," the agency reported.

Police are targeting large-scale trafficking and drug production bases in the notorious "Golden Triangle" straddling the borders between the four countries.

The agreement to cooperate on the joint mission came following the murder of 13 Chinese sailors on the mekong River in October 2011.

Alleged Golden Triangle drug lord Nor Kham and three accomplices were executed for the murders.

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2013-05-21

812 suspects is probably just the tip of the iceberg, I wonder how many police officers, government employees and politicians are nervously crossing thier fingers in the hope of not being found out in all the nations concerned?

812 suspects is probably just the tip of the iceberg, I wonder how many police officers, government employees and politicians are nervously crossing thier fingers in the hope of not being found out in all the nations concerned?

I bet none have been arrested - they are just the bosses, the guys that get the death penalty or 20 years in prison are just the 18 - 20 year olds with no education and who have been promised a few thousand baht to do the dirty work!! After all have you ever met a politician, customs officer, government officer or big "businessman" who likes to get his hands dirty?
  • Like 1

I bet none have been arrested - they are just the bosses, the guys that get the death penalty or 20 years in prison are just the 18 - 20 year olds with no education and who have been promised a few thousand baht to do the dirty work!! After all have you ever met a politician, customs officer, government officer or big "businessman" who likes to get his hands dirty?

Yes, Cocky Curtis Warren.

I bet none have been arrested - they are just the bosses, the guys that get the death penalty or 20 years in prison are just the 18 - 20 year olds with no education and who have been promised a few thousand baht to do the dirty work!! After all have y

Where did you get your "information" from, and how reliable is it ?

I bet none have been arrested - they are just the bosses, the guys that get the death penalty or 20 years in prison are just the 18 - 20 year olds with no education and who have been promised a few thousand baht to do the dirty work!! After all have y

My information comes from reading the news! "TWO MEN ARRESTED FOR TRANSPORTING DRUGS" 18 year old Somchai (a farmer) and 20 year old Pongthep (working at "Big C") were arrested today for transporting 10 million bahts worth of drugs - they have never seen more than 5000 baht in their lives so how the hell can they transport large amounts of drugs with out the financial backing of police officers, government employees, politicians or rich businessmen?

My information comes from reading the news! "TWO MEN ARRESTED FOR TRANSPORTING DRUGS" 18 year old Somchai (a farmer) and 20 year old Pongthep (working at "Big C") were arrested today for transporting 10 million bahts worth of drugs - they have never seen more than 5000 baht in their lives so how the hell can they transport large amounts of drugs with out the financial backing of police officers, government employees, politicians or rich businessmen?

I'll do that again - My information comes from reading the news! "TWO MEN ARRESTED FOR TRANSPORTING DRUGS" 18 year old Somchai (a farmer) and 20 year old Pongthep (working at "Big C") were arrested today for transporting 10 million bahts worth of drugs - they have never seen more than 5000 baht in their lives so how the hell can they transport large amounts of drugs with out the financial backing of police officers, government employees, politicians or rich businessmen?

Sorry, for some reason my "Quote" is not working additionally it's as reliable as the so called newspaper reports - if you want additional information i can tell you of murders (who i know 100%) committed by kids (i can name them) who were paid by Hi-So's to commit murder, including FACT where the Hi-So paid 200,000 baht to have the charge dropped!!!!!

Edited by BrianCR