Robbed In Rawai..

glassdude007

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's obvious that some information is always missed when events are put into writing.

I read the story as series of events. First the guy was hit from behind and was unable to protect himself. Then at some point he did turn around and saw that the attacker was a ladyboy, yet he was still unable to fight back. Maybe there was things missing from the story, like he was completely drunk etc, but is that really relevant? For me the relevant part is to be aware that this kind things can happen, and be a bit more alert when walking back home from a bar.

This was the reason I posted this just to give you a heads up to be careful is all....

Why would I post a load af bullcrap ???

Some of you on here are very confused for sure......

His shoes (sandals) where left at the scene after the beating we could not find them the next morning...

I asked him to how he knew it was a 3rd gender type and he said while looking up from the ground after being hit he got a look at it but not enough to ID him in a line up He was trying to protect himself at the time ...

I feel bad as normally we go out together and either we walk home together or our ladys give us a ride but on the night in question i stayed at home....

No Way was he trying to get sex from katoy...not his style...and his girl and children would kill him...

No police involved as he spent the next day nursing his wounds and secureing his bank and phone accounts...

now he just wants to forget it ever happened ...

can't blame him for that I guess..

It's obvious that some information is always missed when events are put into writing.

I read the story as series of events. First the guy was hit from behind and was unable to protect himself. Then at some point he did turn around and saw that the attacker was a ladyboy, yet he was still unable to fight back. Maybe there was things missing from the story, like he was completely drunk etc, but is that really relevant? For me the relevant part is to be aware that this kind things can happen, and be a bit more alert when walking back home from a bar.

>>

No police involved as he spent the next day nursing his wounds and secureing his bank and phone accounts...

Yes, of course you can blame him for that. Another example of moaning about things, but refusing to do even the easiest of things to do something about it.

Unless of course there is more to the story.

Edited by stevenl

Only times I've heard of guys being robbed and attacked by lady boys is when they are either trying to procure sex or dispute over services rendered.

Shoes missing? Hmmmm.

Ladyboys attack and rob guys quite often, I'm not too familiar with statistics in Phuket, but I know it happens often in bkk and pattaya. There is no reason required, except that the target appears to have money, and/or may not be able to defend their self. I have had to fend off some rather aggressive ones myself, and I was not trying to procure their services, I tried to not even look at them, until they try to grab me, or block my path. Some of them are experienced criminals, when you add drugs to the mix, all reason flies out the window.

• Like 1

This was the reason I posted this just to give you a heads up to be careful is all....

Why would I post a load af bullcrap ???

Some of you on here are very confused for sure......

His shoes (sandals) where left at the scene after the beating we could not find them the next morning...

I asked him to how he knew it was a 3rd gender type and he said while looking up from the ground after being hit he got a look at it but not enough to ID him in a line up He was trying to protect himself at the time ...

I feel bad as normally we go out together and either we walk home together or our ladys give us a ride but on the night in question i stayed at home....

No Way was he trying to get sex from katoy...not his style...and his girl and children would kill him...

Your friend should also report it to police.

Depending on what type of phone your friend had, they may be able to track the phone which may lead to the Ladyboy, or a person who received the stolen phone from the Ladyboy - with the possibility of the receiver giving up the Ladyboy.

If the phone was just a cheap sms and call only phone, at least the police have a report of a Ladyboy mugging people in Rawai with the MO of stunning their victim with a hit to the back of the head.

Maybe the Ladyboy will be caught in the future and can also be charged with the mugging of your friend, thus, hopefully, receiving a longer gaol sentence - that is, if he doesn't "mediate" with police, with all his stolen cash, for a shorter sentence. :)

• Like 1

Only times I've heard of guys being robbed and attacked by lady boys is when they are either trying to procure sex or dispute over services rendered.

Shoes missing? Hmmmm.

Ladyboys attack and rob guys quite often, I'm not too familiar with statistics in Phuket, but I know it happens often in bkk and pattaya. There is no reason required, except that the target appears to have money, and/or may not be able to defend their self. I have had to fend off some rather aggressive ones myself, and I was not trying to procure their services, I tried to not even look at them, until they try to grab me, or block my path. Some of them are experienced criminals, when you add drugs to the mix, all reason flies out the window.

Ok, so please let's have the Bangkok and Pattaya statistics.

Shoes missing? Hmmmm.

I don't have the statistics. If you have eyes and a functioning brain, you should be able to see for yourself. I know what I have seen and experienced first hand. I don't have first hand experience from Phuket, because I have not chosen to go there in several years. If you're so skeptical, go for a walk down beach road, or sukumvit soi 4 in bkk late at night, alone. Maybe after that, you won't require statistics.

Shoes missing? Hmmmm.

I don't have the statistics. If you have eyes and a functioning brain, you should be able to see for yourself. I know what I have seen and experienced first hand. I don't have first hand experience from Phuket, because I have not chosen to go there in several years. If you're so skeptical, go for a walk down beach road, or sukumvit soi 4 in bkk late at night, alone. Maybe after that, you won't require statistics.

You're the one who claims 'I don't have the Phuket statistics, but I know it happens often in Bangkok and Pattaya'. Now you make clear you don't have any statistics, but your brain is working.

Brains can work in very peculiar ways, so those 'stats' really have no value.

Edited by stevenl

eezergood, on 23 May 2013 - 09:34, said:

Pinot, on 22 May 2013 - 23:18, said:

Thailand has it's issues but I'm not afraid to walk down the street late at night anywhere in Thailand.

Come to Patong beach, I am sure we can change your mind! Unfortunately.

When a ladyboy steps out to you on Beach Road at 3AM, scream like a little girl, "STAY AWAY FROM ME". It usually works. Oh yea, don't walk down Beach Road at 3 AM.
  • Like 1

Phuket is the mafia, scam, crime center of Thailand, why would anyone want to live there except for the heavily tattoed hardened criminal type farang ? whistling.gif

Ouch. Go easy on us yoslim! I live here and I do, for the most part like it, warts and all.

Though I am a farang, I don't have any tattoos, I'm not a criminal type, and unfortunately I'm not too frequently "hardened" these days. whistling.gif

• Like 1

I have lived very well in Rawai for over 8 years would rather live here than Boston or Woolich for example wrong place wrong time comes to mind. Check Bin Krupp an hour earlier ?????

Oh and by the way in 8 years I think I may have been to Patong 3 times most likely before Villas at Chalong opened and only to get some comfort bread, coffee, cheese etc from carrefour why anybody would venture into that shi###e is beyond me but then agian I have no Tattoos! and I like a bit of a sleeve on my shirt. Waiting for the retort!

Edited by McFarang
  • Like 1

I'm surprised the conversation of self defence doesn't come up often.

I carry pepper spray when exercising in the mornings. Anyone comes near me in an aggressive manor, they are going down and will get a kicking of their life.

I recommend the UZI capsicum spray that is law enforcement grade. Available at Hunter shop.

• Like 2

I carry pepper spray when exercising in the mornings. Anyone comes near me in an aggressive manor, they are going down and will get a kicking of their life.

I recommend the UZI capsicum spray that is law enforcement grade. Available at Hunter shop.

I carry a base ball bat in my car. Its an amazing deterrent. I showed it to one old farang who decided to flip me the bird. He swerved onto the wrong side of the road and went into the gutter. I would have no hesitation on using it on a ladyboy as self defense. I dont want to have some HIV infected freak passing on their disease to me. As there is not a lot of police in Rawaii I would go with equipping yourselves better for self defense. Its serious stuff. What if the ladyboy had a knife??? It would be a different story. But if you always carry a baseball bat or hockey stick then its no problem

I have lived very well in Rawai for over 8 years would rather live here than Boston or Woolich for example wrong place wrong time comes to mind. Check Bin Krupp an hour earlier ?????

Oh and by the way in 8 years I think I may have been to Patong 3 times most likely before Villas at Chalong opened and only to get some comfort bread, coffee, cheese etc from carrefour why anybody would venture into that shi###e is beyond me but then agian I have no Tattoos! and I like a bit of a sleeve on my shirt. Waiting for the retort!

Then I shall endulge you & your trolling!

What have tattoos got to do with it? Coptic christians have tattoos as do monks? Many people work in Patong & thats why we have to go there!

I carry a base ball bat in my car. Its an amazing deterrent. I showed it to one old farang who decided to flip me the bird. He swerved onto the wrong side of the road and went into the gutter. I would have no hesitation on using it on a ladyboy as self defense. I dont want to have some HIV infected freak passing on their disease to me. As there is not a lot of police in Rawaii I would go with equipping yourselves better for self defense. Its serious stuff. What if the ladyboy had a knife??? It would be a different story. But if you always carry a baseball bat or hockey stick then its no problem

The longer I stay the more I tend to agree with your thinking! Brass knuckles in the pod of the bike!

The longer I stay the more I tend to agree with your thinking! Brass knuckles in the pod of the bike!

I would not chance it. Getting that close to a ladyboy and you are playing with your life. They might have a knife or even worse a dirty syringe. Previous experience has taught me that you want to scare and thump them. If you hit someone in the stomach with brass knuckles they wont feel it really. A hockey stick is really the way to go. Brass knuckles are technically illegal in LOS. But with a hockey stick you just carry a ball of some kind too. That way you can say: 'officer im just going to the park'. If you are constrained by riding a motorbike attatch the hockey stick with one strap of velcro on the side of the bike thats opposite to your dominant hand. Put it vertically with the handle up. That way when you reach for it, you can strike in one movement. I actually havent seen any hockey sticks around. Do they have them in central?

I would not chance it. Getting that close to a ladyboy and you are playing with your life. They might have a knife or even worse a dirty syringe. Previous experience has taught me that you want to scare and thump them. If you hit someone in the stomach with brass knuckles they wont feel it really. A hockey stick is really the way to go. Brass knuckles are technically illegal in LOS. But with a hockey stick you just carry a ball of some kind too. That way you can say: 'officer im just going to the park'. If you are constrained by riding a motorbike attatch the hockey stick with one strap of velcro on the side of the bike thats opposite to your dominant hand. Put it vertically with the handle up. That way when you reach for it, you can strike in one movement. I actually havent seen any hockey sticks around. Do they have them in central?

You always have to make sure you can strike with your left hand, so you can at the same time speed up with your right.

• Like 2

You always have to make sure you can strike with your left hand, so you can at the same time speed up with your right.

If it comes to the stage where I am on a bike and have to produce the hockey stick then I'm going all the way

I think beating heads with sticks and bats is dangerous. You dont want to kill someone.

I suggest you change to capsicum spray, blinds them immediately and you're free to have a few snap kicks to the head before walking away as it takes 45 mins to recover but no permanent injury. UZI brand even leaves a red ink stain that takes week to come off.

Becareful, dont go to jail over a low life

Morning jog with full ice hockey gear might look a bit funny, but it would be really good exercise.  

And then maybe IrishIvan can strap on some inline skates and go hunting for ladyboys

Its better to be prepared. I dont really look for trouble but if it comes my way then its on. I dont know why GOM thinks my posts are silly. Its a serious issue being attacked by a ladyboy is a frightening experience. I like the laws the US have. The right to bear arms. If this was allowed in LOS I would quite happily shoot a freak that tries to assault and rob me. At the moment that option isnt available to me so I use a baseball bat. I understand what you mean Hans with the pepper spray but a hockey stick or baseball bat is 100 % reliable

Its better to be prepared. I dont really look for trouble but if it comes my way then its on. I dont know why GOM thinks my posts are silly. Its a serious issue being attacked by a ladyboy is a frightening experience. I like the laws the US have. The right to bear arms. If this was allowed in LOS I would quite happily shoot a freak that tries to assault and rob me. At the moment that option isnt available to me so I use a baseball bat. I understand what you mean Hans with the pepper spray but a hockey stick or baseball bat is 100 % reliable

I rather live in the place where the society is intelligent enough to find other resolutions to incidents, than just use a gun.