Time Required To Get Social Security Number

mouse

Just got all three children their U.S. Passport and the Report of Birth Abroad. I now have to mail the 3 applications for a Social Security Number to the U.S. Embassy in the Philipines (don't ask, I do not know).

Has anyone out done this recently for I wish to know how long it will take to get the kids their Social Security Account Number?.

Just got all three children their U.S. Passport and the Report of Birth Abroad. I now have to mail the 3 applications for a Social Security Number to the U.S. Embassy in the Philipines (don't ask, I do not know).

Has anyone out done this recently for I wish to know how long it will take to get the kids their Social Security Account Number?.

Looking to put them to work? Or tax time? :o

They are the regional office for SSA. If you don't get any answers you could try calling them as most people there speak fairly good English.

Jill Baker, Chief, SSAD

Social Security Administration Division

U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs

United States Embassy

1131 Roxas Blvd., Ermita

0930 Manila, Philippines

Phone: (632) 528-6300 ext. 6302/2669

Fax: (632) 522-1514

Thanks for all the information. I really appreciate it and it takes a great load off my mind. I will sleep well tonight.

Sending them to work would not be a bad idea they could always bring some of those harddrives of Ralph Lauren Polo shirts home for their Papa and I would get a break from those little rascals.

I am in the same situation. 'Could take up to 3 months as the Philippines VA office forwards the paperwork to D.C. I don't expect the SSN/card will arrive here before the April 15th deadline so I am filing form 4868 for automatic 6 month extension to file 1040.

Ngay-meuan-pauk-gluay! :o

-Naigreg