What Does Fried Chicken Mean

Kan Win

Tiger Woods has called Sergio Garcia's "fried chicken" remark "wrong, hurtful and clearly inappropriate".

Garcia, 33, had joked he would invite Woods for dinner to settle their recent argument and serve fried chicken.

Fried chicken is stereotypically associated with black people in the American deep south.

In a press conference on Wednesday, a contrite Garcia said: "I want to apologise to Tiger, I feel sick about it and I'm truly sorry."

BBC

• Like 1

Ask Fuzzy Zoeller.whistling.gif

For Fuzzy and Sergio it was an attempt at humor, in a childish attempt to put Tiger back in his place, which ultimately revealed a cruel, racist streak.

I think the PGA should have penalized him; and he should expect some negative reception at the U.S. Open. Of course he won't be paired with Tiger as he won't be in contention on the weekend.

Sergio was voted, by the players in an informal poll, as the least desired suitor for their daughters; Greg Norman is obviously pleased his daughter finally showed Sergio the door.

I'm not sure Sergio will ever be able to win again, other than perhaps some obscure Euro event, based on his waterworks at the TPC.

Even Stevie W's comment was borderline racist, he could have said simply "Tiger can shove this up is arse" or "shove it up his Thai arse" rather than saying shove it up his "black arse".

The problem is these guys get liquored up - Fuzzy, Sergio and Stevie were all lit, let their guard down and reveal their true personalities.

Edited by lomatopo

While I appreciate Tiger's golf skills, but don't really care for him as a person, racial slurs have no place in the game, let alone anywhere else, and clearly demonstrate the low intelligence of those making these types of ignorant remarks.

Sent from my PC36100 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Like 1

Trivia alert......

Fried Chicken are the last two words sung by Freddie Mercury on the Queen song "One Vision"

That probably doesn't help this discussion though..... not in a golf sense anyway.

Interesting nevertheless.