Babies Birthright

summersailer

Hello. I am trying to obtain some information for a friend of mine that lives in Thailand. Her babies father is a US citizen and refuses to provide documentation so that the baby can become a US citizen. I am wondering if any of you know of an organization that could help. Would appreciate any information you could provide. Thank you

Hello. I am trying to obtain some information for a friend of mine that lives in Thailand. Her babies father is a US citizen and refuses to provide documentation so that the baby can become a US citizen. I am wondering if any of you know of an organization that could help. Would appreciate any information you could provide. Thank you

Has he ever been part of the baby's (is it more than one?) life, or does he not even acknowlage that it's his? That would mean alot from a legal perspective I imagine. Almost sounds like he doesn't want his little secret showing up on his door and he having to explain something to Mrs. But I speculate.

cv

Hi, yes it is only one child, only a month old. The father and mother both had blood tests done and she has a copy of his passport but not the original. I believe the fathers name is on the birth certificate. The father is single, we have been in touch with his parents. The parents will not get involved and the father of the child is basically saying he wants nothing to do with the child and refuses to provide the necessary documentation to enable the mother to get US citizenship for her child.

I think you need a lawyer quickly before the trail gets cold. This loser should be paying support as well. You'd think that part of being a father involves being a man, but guys that run off on their kids like this prove otherwise.

cv

Hi, yes it is only one child, only a month old. The father and mother both had blood tests done and she has a copy of his passport but not the original. I believe the fathers name is on the birth certificate. The father is single, we have been in touch with his parents. The parents will not get involved and the father of the child is basically saying he wants nothing to do with the child and refuses to provide the necessary documentation to enable the mother to get US citizenship for her child.

Good luck to her. In the US, a deadbeat dad can often dodge support merely by moving across the state line. How the mother could find remedy from half a world away as a non-US citizen would seem a particularly daunting task.

Good luck to her. In the US, a deadbeat dad can often dodge support merely by moving across the state line. How the mother could find remedy from half a world away as a non-US citizen would seem a particularly daunting task.

Jdinasia's suggestion to approach the US Embassy would seem a good likely start....especially if there is a paper trail already (birth cert...passport copy...blood test, etc)

Sounds like the parents. may be uneasy about their son's "little timebomb". Reputation in the hometown to protect? Maybe if they thought trouble was brewing legally, or socially, they may be persuaded to settle things. Perhaps a one-off support payment and legal aknowlagement by their pussy son that he fathered it, and is due his citizenship.

cv

This has changed alot, it's not that easy eny more to escape fatherly duties. I wish your friend luck in dealing with this punk.

Why is this guy a punk, some guys do not want kids, maybe it was an accident, maybe she tricked him to get this US visa in her head all along. Some guys know they will not make good dads and never want to be. I think this track is better than being forced into it and the resulting relationship is destined for a miserable failure, perhaps child abuse etc etc or whatever.

Remeber there is always 2 sides to a story.

This thread reminds me of the 'mob menatality' being discussed elsewhere.

ummmm you guys SHOULD add a Caveat .... "If" the story is true .... If he is in fact the biological father etc .... we don't know ....

As for Nawtilus's "tricked" ... if he's the biological father ... there just is no "tricked" to it

I don't think Thailand has mandatory child support does it?

Edited by jdinasia

It takes 2 people to make a baby, the op states that blood tests have confirmed this guy is the father so regardless of whether the girl tricked him or not, he put his d1ck in her & she got knocked up, he should be man enough to at least provide his child with a decent future. Hardly mob mentality, just basic decency. :o

Yes, your all correct, I presume you all know the father intimately.

How about if he wanted her to have an abortion, she would not, he insisted, she would not. What is he to do, hold her down and do it himself.

Wake up the lot of you.

""How about if he wanted her to have an abortion, she would not, he insisted, she would not. What is he to do, hold her down and do it himself. ""

It takes a special kind a person to insist on the killing of a baby. It take a very special kind of person to insist on the killing of his own child.

The Internet, including our own TV has been overwhelmed by foreigners and especially caucasians complaining about the state of the Thai law and lack of re-enforcement.

All over the show, there are foreigners complaing about the Thai justice system and its lack of basic human, womens', childrens' rights etc.... Just how many readers have we witnessed raging on about Thai men and their lack of responsibility etc...

My point here, is that when the table is turned - many a caucasian prefers to play his Trump Card and come out with the likes of.... 'It takes two to have sex' 'I was forced into it' etc..... and enjoy the lack of law re-enforcement.

Thailand is flooded with fatherless 'Look-kreung' who have been abandoned by their fathers.

Thailand is also full of caucasians who spend half their time complaining bitterly about the state of Thailand's law.

Reflections........

Edited by stevesuphan

Huh...really, there is a real world out there you know.

Lets say the guy did the right thing and used a condom, lets say she wanted to hoodwink him into fathering a US child so she could get a US visa and go to the lucky country and make a fortune.

Lets say she put a little pin prick in the condom, lets say she got pregnant, he did not believe her and he insisted on a DNA test which they did. Who do you think would have requested the DNA test, him or her ??? Lets say he finds out to his amazement it is his, lets say her little trick worked.

Lets say this kid has no way of being able to support a child, does not want a child, thats why he used a condom, lets say he knows deep down he is a child abuser.

Whatever, the world is not black and white and if you all think so, then you are blinded by ignorance.

One hundered and ten points for your concern for a child and wanting to always take care of it. All I am saying not everyone is the same and not every circumstance is as you seem to want it to be.

As for the gimp that says it takes a special guy to kill their child....take a look at the number of females doing it on a daily basis MrMum.

What about a girl who’s willing to sleep with a guy without the benefits of marriage….eventhough there is a chance of becoming pregnant?

What about a guys who’s willing to sleep with a girl without the benefits of marriage….eventhough there is a chance of her becoming pregnant?

Do you blame on the guy or the girl in this case? What about each person's motives and responsiblities expected...... in the beginning of this relationship?

Well...I think it’s a thoughtless act for both of them. And of course each would play the innocent in the end

Edited by BKK90210

• 17 years later...