Paying Bills

LawrenceChee

So you got your 3 credit card bills, electricity and water bills and Internet

I know back home paying it online is the way to go

Anyone here has a place like 7-11 where u can pay them all at a go ? Or any suggestions to save time ?

Cheers & thanks for the tips !

Lawrence

Generally go to one of the Tesco Express locations for the ones that I can't make other arrangements for. Believe they charge 5B less per receipt compared to the 7-11. Many banks are building in bill pay options into their ATMs. I have yet to try them though.

We have lived here in Thailand nearly 11 years and pay all our bill through Bangkok Bank.

There is a nominal charge 5 or 10 Baht..which you end up paying in petrol

Never had a problem, and you have the peace of mind knowing the boills are paid

So no issues if you are on a extended holiday etc

Call me insane, but I hate to pay the fee for counter service at 7-11. I pay my electricity at the MEA Office in Klong Toey. I pay for the water at the Prakhanong branch of the MWA. I drive by often enough, so I just go through their drive through these days! I pay my rent in cash. I pay my phone bill at Telewiz when I go to do some shopping at Big C. Last time, I paid it at Telewiz in the Government Complex Building where immigration is located while doing my 90 day report. I share internet with my neighbor wirelessly ... I let him pqy the bill. I pay True Visions by ATM which has no fee. I pay my car payment in person at Thannachart Bangk which is next to my work.

Doing all of this doesn't exactly save me any time, but I go past each of these places regularly. Many of them are within walking distance from my place of employment. So, it gives me something to do on days when I have long breaks.

For what it is worth, I also refuse to pay the 10 baht fee for using my ATM card at another bank's ATM machine. I have been known to walk several blocks to avoid the charge when I have reached my monthly limit of 3 withdraws per month for free!

It's strange that I don't think twice about ordering a pint of Guiness at the pub or a glass of fairly expensive wine with my dinner. I just don't like paying fees for nothing!

When you are setting up the Standing Charge at your bank you need the payee information

If I recall I went to each utility / service company and the Company completed their form, I then went to the bank...job done

As someone else point out a little bit of hassle to set up, but well worth it

Then no more agro with bills

One further point, as we receive bills we check our bank book that the amount was correctly withdrawn

Over the past 11 years ...no issues ALL CORRECT

You can pay at the Post Office for 10 Baht fee...

Some, not all. That is the annoying thing. Some can be paid at P.O., some at 7-11, some at Tesco, etc. Not all bills can be paid at P.O., not all at Tesco, and so forth. WETV can only be paid at the yellow bank, SCB and one other bank I think, or in the alternative, directly at the office for a 50 THB discount. It can not be paid through Cyber Banking. TOT can not be paid through Cyber Banking as well.

'I have 3BB and I can't pay it at 7-11....'

I always pay 3BB at 7-11 without problems.

The last time (about 3 years ago) I tried to Pay 3BB at 7-11 they always said "barcode mai dai" or "jai mai dai". Maybe things have changed. I pay it through Kasikorn Cyber Banking. Works for me.

Our water and electric bills are paid through automatic withdrawal from bank. We have been trying to do the same with True visions and 3BB but so far its a no go.

You are a brave man paying with automatic withdrawl in thailand.

• Like 1

Our water and electric bills are paid through automatic withdrawal from bank. We have been trying to do the same with True visions and 3BB but so far its a no go.

You are a brave man paying with automatic withdrawl in thailand.

We have been paying electric and water bills at 3 properties by bank debit for more than 10 years. Never had a problem.

• Like 2

Call me insane, but I hate to pay the fee for counter service at 7-11. I pay my electricity at the MEA Office in Klong Toey. I pay for the water at the Prakhanong branch of the MWA. I drive by often enough, so I just go through their drive through these days! I pay my rent in cash. I pay my phone bill at Telewiz when I go to do some shopping at Big C. Last time, I paid it at Telewiz in the Government Complex Building where immigration is located while doing my 90 day report. I share internet with my neighbor wirelessly ... I let him pqy the bill. I pay True Visions by ATM which has no fee. I pay my car payment in person at Thannachart Bangk which is next to my work.

Doing all of this doesn't exactly save me any time, but I go past each of these places regularly. Many of them are within walking distance from my place of employment. So, it gives me something to do on days when I have long breaks.

For what it is worth, I also refuse to pay the 10 baht fee for using my ATM card at another bank's ATM machine. I have been known to walk several blocks to avoid the charge when I have reached my monthly limit of 3 withdraws per month for free!

It's strange that I don't think twice about ordering a pint of Guiness at the pub or a glass of fairly expensive wine with my dinner. I just don't like paying fees for nothing!

I have exactly the same problem as you......i concluded its being totally selfish

Can you pay 3BB from bangkok bank online??

I used to pay TOT online, but from about almost 2 years ago when I switched over to 3BB, they said you couldn't pay online then.

Yes, just checked and yes you can.....

TRIPLET TRIPLET Pay 3BB Internet service
  • Like 1

You can set up a monthly automatic charge to your credit card to pay True Visions.

But be aware that once started you cannot cancel the charge to YOUR credit card. True Visions is the only party which can cancel the automatic charge to YOUR credit card.

'I have 3BB and I can't pay it at 7-11....

3BB can be paid in cash at Tesco Lotus Express stores.

You can also pay for Nok Air and AirAsia tickets at 7/11.

Can you pay 3BB from bangkok bank online??

I used to pay TOT online, but from about almost 2 years ago when I switched over to 3BB, they said you couldn't pay online then.

Yes, that is how I do it. Just add as a Payee - quick to setup.

• Like 1

'I have 3BB and I can't pay it at 7-11....

3BB can be paid in cash at Tesco Lotus Express stores.

You can also pay for Nok Air and AirAsia tickets at 7/11.

Yes, have done that and NCA Bus Co. too. NCA gives a code which is good for like 2 hours as I recall.

I haven't had a bill yet that I can't pay with either the barcode reader on the ATM, (or on the ATM itself, e.g. a postpaid phone bill) or in 7-11. Couple times, I've used Tesco just because I was already in there...

@ the guys running around all over to save 10 baht. Seriously? I'd pay the 10 baht to use another bank's adjacent ATM if the queue was too long at mine...