Good News 15 Day Visa-Runs Satun

Hi to all in the 15 day border runs, I had another run today, i decided to drive early to beat the minivans,

and have a talk with the immigration officer in charge. and asked him about the regulation off extending this way

and about the 4 x rule.

He explained me that the new LAW is that they are not allowed to extend you more then 4 x.

for everyone's information today was my 12th time.

I told him I will not be getting my O visa untill October and if I would be having difficulties

continue running till then.

He assured me that at khuan don immigration there will be no problems whatsoever

yes they count and write the number off times in your passport but they will deny nobody his extension ( still amazing thailand)

I hope this helps some on TV, who I have seen raising the same concerns I had untill today.

• Like 1

Serial runners are not "extending" they are merely abusing the visa-exempt entry facility their passport enables

Do not be surprised when the Thai authorities put a squeeze on this serial abuse of the system.

Long stay visas/extensions are not difficult to obtain.

I have never before read about a "4 x rule" in this forum and have no idea what the OP means by it. Regarding extensions of stay, the currently valid rules can be found in these two English translations:

Thai Police Order 777/2551 – basis for extension of stay

Immigration Bureau Order 305/2551 – documents for extension of stay

Serial runners are not "extending" they are merely abusing the visa-exempt entry facility their passport enables

Do not be surprised when the Thai authorities put a squeeze on this serial abuse of the system.

Long stay visas/extensions are not difficult to obtain.

Absolute rubbish , you have no idea what you are talking about . Get the facts first from Immigration as they make the rules and allow that system , no tjust at one border but all of them . If they didnt want those doing the 15 day runs they would stop it and force those using that facility LEGALLY to take other routes for entry into Thailand .

Maestro has posted detail of the " law " in respect of extensions above.

Whilst not "illegal" staying in Thailand long term using multiple visa exempt entries /serial tourist visas is in my opinion inappropriate and amounts to abuse of the system. It is my belief that the Thai authorities will move to obstruct this abuse.

Anyone wishing to stay long term can obtain a visa in any one of a number of categories.

The 15 day at border rule and the old maximum of 90 days in six months on 30 day visa exempt entries rule was a result of immigration's attempts to stop serial visa exempt border runners.

They prefer people getting tourist visas verses doing border runs.

I think people doing border runs had better plan on getting tourist visas or some other type of visa soon.

I fail to see how it is an unreasonable expense (or more expensive than visa exempt runs) to get a proper visa to stay in Thailand. Visa exempt entry is not the only option since a Tourist Visa is available to all. The cost of getting to the border 4 times is more likely to be more than getting a proper visa.

Jrtmedic -.you were a cop back home or the school snitch? You have made a number of these irksome posts.

Why do people have to constantly deride others for their chosen method of staying in Thailand? It's almost a jealousy thing.

I'm sure some are broke, others under 50. For me it got to the point of playing it as a game. I played that game well for a decade. Inwas one of the best arguably. Never a red stamp. Now I'm on a marriage visa, new visa -new game.

Maybe when you are here long enough you will.realize that none of us have any claim to being here much more than the visa runner. Non of us are promised any more than 365 days, please report continually. None of us are wanted, no matter your visa or work permit or whatever.

As for Satun, hah well most TVers couldn't find it on a map. I've always wanted to do both runs down there, the one on the coast and the one inland (wife went shopping at xing inland before with friend). People in Satun ate great.

I fail to see how it is an unreasonable expense (or more expensive than visa exempt runs) to get a proper visa to stay in Thailand. Visa exempt entry is not the only option since a Tourist Visa is available to all. The cost of getting to the border 4 times is more likely to be more than getting a proper visa.

Maybe he lives relatively close to the border. Would seem you don't know much about visa running as well as Thai transport.

Hassle, absolutely. Up to him and he is gracious enough to share.

I would bet I could get to that internal xing from Hat Yai and back fir less than b300. Of course, Sadao can be done for less than half that from HY.

Now the OP has stated that he is awaiting a proper visa 【NOTE TO JRTMEDIC】. So, this guys does have money, seens age is most likely issue.

He lives in the far south, his visa options in his opinion are played out. If his runner costs 300 a trip, that is only 200b more than a visa for the same period - 2mos (most likely 5x not 4 though). So, you guys are wrong on the money aspect as well. Small money. But all of you wouldn't know.

Edited by bangkokburning
  • Like 1

Thank you bangkokburning for your support, and non judge mental personality, wish every one on this forum was like that and to complete my story, have been here 6 years on a B-visa, sold my bussiness well, unfortunately I was back to touristvisa's,( 3 year now) which as we all know are only allowed several times, so it's running up and down to the border now, untill I can obtain my O-visa, after my wedding next month. I'm here for 9 years now, and 38 years old. the only thing I tried to do was share as I see it my good fortune with the border runs with others who might be in the same boot as me. due to age qualifications. I think it's great we have the TV website to help our fellow expats out. sadly some people seem to feel better if they post negative comments.