Feed Silos And Bulk Delivery

Would any one know where i can purchase silos to hold cattle feed, pig feed and chicken feed? Probably looking at a silo size that could hold 4-5 tons of feed.

Which feed companies deliver bulk to the North East area, Amnat / Ubon?

I am also trying to find where i can buy bulk molasses, looking for about 5000 ltrs or 8-10 tons?

Thanks

For feed bins try Thai farming mags ,round here they is a lot of chicken farms they are oftern replacing feed bins, will they sell the old one's?,may be only for scrap due to hygine regs, but ask anyway.ask where they brought there bins, if it is a big company farm ask for there office number.

Molasss, are you near a sugar mill ? ask them ,next to our local mill is a guy selling molasses cheap to , 7.50 bart /kg.

Is they a dairy co-op/ milk center near you? they might have some, near here is a small feed mill mainly cattle feed, they use/sell molassaes

They is a guy sells EM ferlilizer ect he sells molasses.

Like a lot of things here, just ask around you , never know what turns up.

hi i live in amnat and have 24 sows and looked at buying bulk food but having 5 different food protiens just for the pigs and 2 for the sows then the cows and and chickens youre gonna need about 15 silos theres a big sugar plant at mukdahan where i used to buy molasses when i used to mix my own food now i just buy by the lorry

Guys,

Thanks for you replies. I tried a so called CO-OP not too far from me. The guy said that once his tank of mollasses was empty, he would call me and the truck would also deliver to me, well that did not happen, so i called the guy, he said his tank was not empty yet, i offered to empty his tank +/- 5 tons, which i did and paid 10 baht a kilo for it, on the condition that he send the truck to me to fill up my big tank, well i got bit on that one, the guy filled his own tank, but did not want to send the truck to me, thought i would keep buying from him in drums for 10 baht a Kilo!...Forget it!..For some reason, people around where i am will not give out any telephone numbers of guys that deliver bulk molasses, maybe they think i am going to start selling it?

As for the silo's, i was looking to buy pre-mixed feed and store that in the silo? I am not too sure about silo storage as i have never done this before, back in the UK we did not have silo's on our farm.

Steveaun,

You say you now buy by the lorry, do you mean you buy molasses by the lorry load? or feed by the lorry load?

Where i buy my feeds at the moment (in bags), it is hard for the supplier to keep up with my demand, if i order 50 bags cow feed today, i may get 10 delivered tomorrow, 20 two day later etc. I work away from home, so i would like to get the Silo system and Bulk molasses on the go, to at least last me 2-3 months at a time.Thanks

Regards

• Like 1

hi i buy the feed by the truck but i have a mate who has cows and he has the molasses delivered to him by the truck

how far are you from mukdahan thats where they get it from unless you have a sugar factory nearer you they will deliver

as for bulk cow food i can ask our rep if they do it loose i know a big buyer of cow food 60 ton a month and they still get it in bags

Working with Thai cows most of the time ,for some time, I have yet to see bulk delivery's of dairy food , it is all sold in bags,with the av.dairy farm having no more than 50 head of stock at the most, just not a viabal cost set up of silos, blower lorrys ect, unlike poultry and pigs dealing in bid numbers 20 ton of feed to them feed is no problem

Have you thought of mixing your own ration? buy in raw ingredents and a mixer, it has its headache's finding all the ingredent's at one time, transport and an actual feed ration to mix,but at least you would have some form of bulk feed .

Molasses at 10 bart /kg that seems expencive, round here, no more than 8 bart /kg.

Pre gasahole days, for years, molasses was no more than 2,50 bart/kg , that is progress for you.

Yours Reg

KS

Thanks again for the replies, i have contacted several Feed mills, well actually many of them. Only one at the moment said they can deliver cattle feed BUT it will cost 7000 baht just for the delivery and 7000 baht if the truck goes back empty!.....I tried to explain to the guy, of course the truck is going to go back empty, it is a bulk carrier, its not like someone could hire him on his way home to transport and excavator!....Sometimes i think i have heard it all, then another one pops up!...As you noted, chicken and pig feed is not a problem to get delivered.

It looks like I will have to stay with the bags, maybe best just find a different supplier that can deliver the amount i request on that day, instead of dribs and drabs.

I did once consider mixing my own, but i work away from home alot, i can imagine the disaster that the mix would be if the feed ran out when i was away!

I will have another try at finding more molasses when i get home this time.

Regards

Looking at the OP that is a lot of molasses I do not know your set up is it for feed ,and/or somthing else like EM?.

This you might know.

Molasses

CP 4.1%

DM 75%

ME12.7

Low in phosphorus

Allso at 10 bart/kg for what it is, I think expencive the ME is good and for Thailand, where cow diets are so deficientt in energy, a very big bounus,but at only 4% protein,, and the storage problems.

I live in Lopburi provence not so far from BKK we have brewers grains 2 bart/kg,distillers waist from a whisky distillery that is 5 bart /kg. all from Bkk and Ayuthaya provence

I appreciate that you are up in Isan some thing my be limited, due to haulage costs being the big problem but , could you feed something else ? cut back on the molasses Khon Kaen has a brewry, brewers grains, plant some Naiper grass cut and cart if you have the labour, and limited land.

Farmers round here use to use to feed a lot of molasses untill the price went up.

Yours Reg

KS