Thai Police Summon Nude Ladyboy Dancers In Connection With Internet Video

webfact

Two ladyboys who danced naked to 'Splash Out' apologize to public, transgender community

BANGKOK: -- Two ladyboys published an online apology to the public today and begged internet users to stop sharing a video clip in which the duo dances naked to “Splash Out,” a hit song by 3.2.1 and Baitoei R-siam.

In their recent video, the transgender women claimed that their carelessness and spontaneity were caused by intoxication. The video, titled “Man Naen Ok Loey Tong Thod,” went viral over the weekend and sparked a public outcry, especially from the transgender community.

A number of fellow transgender women made online clips condemning the duo, saying that their behavior could taint the reputation of transgender women throughout Thailand.

Full story: http://bangkok.coconuts.co/2013/05/27/two-ladyboys-who-danced-naked-splash-out-apologize-public-transgender-community

cocon.jpg
-- Coconuts Bangkok 2013-05-27

A number of fellow transgender women made online clips condemning the duo, saying that their behavior could taint the reputation of transgender women throughout Thailand.

The colorful response clips don't help their reputation much either. ;)

• Like 2

Lol - saw the dancing vid. Saw the "apology" vid (didn't realize it was connected at first). Just finding out now that they are lady boys ! shock1.gif (Have I been gone that long already ?)

(The vid keeps popping up on different pages and then getting deleted within hours (or even minutes it seems). Good thing I didn't save a copy on my computer (delete-delete-delete) ! whistling.gif

• Like 1

Ha!! They're afraid their actions might taint the otherwise unblemished image of LB's, what a joke.

And why are there references to transgendered women? They're men, transgendered men, aren't they.

And, why do they feel they have to make a public apology; that's done by people normally in the public eye who have a reputation to protect and whose words and actions actually matter to the public. I'm sure nobody cares about the remorse of these freaks except the rest of their freakish, (but untainted!) community.

The colorful response clips don't help their reputation much either. wink.png

They may have changed their bodies but the mind is most definitely Thai. On IN Channel news this morning it was reported their response to the anger of fellow transgenders was to say people should stop posting the video while completely ignoring the fact that they made it and put it out there first.

First reaction... wow this is such an important news story, there is nothing else important in the world that we should focus our attention on these 2 idiots behaving like idiots. The only ones they shamed was themselves. Why is it that Thai seem to think that what one or two individuals does has an impact on what people think of the entire nation or a segment of it? I get my impression and opinion on "Lady Boys" by how they behave in the street in general public, in Pattaya, Samui, Phuket and Bangkok you can see enough of their behaviour to know that this silly video is barely an "amuse bouche" in the context of the the reality of the general behaviour of this particular sub-group within Thai society. Just My opinion of course.

• Like 2

Does being a member of a specific community restrict your freedom of expression?

Yes - It would seem just being Thai is obviously one of them, as much as this is. Don't fly model planes in mixed company ether.

I havent seen the video but it sounds harmless. it was taken in a private setting I am assuming. they wernt forcing themselves on anyone I think, and they were reasonably pleasing to the eye.. far less serious in my book to that other LB story a week or so ago on the boat.pestering bystanders.

Love that about reputations of LB's. i think these 2 sum it up ,. no reputations tarnished here, just business as usual.. if you can give me the link I'll judge it properly..

I saw a few people posting this on FB. Isn't that illegal here?? I wanted to say something to them but they were all Thai posters and I figured they know the law better than me.

Ya reckon? Perhaps so though, they couldn't possibly bend and break the laws so cavalierly without knowing which ones they were.

Someone sent this link to my missus on FB yesterday, and several hundred others. She thought they were naked girls and phoned me to say a bit OTT. By the time a looked several hours later it had been removed. My missus only realised they were LB's when she saw the newspaper this morning.

Crazy - glanz in the bars/clubs in Soi Cowboy, Nana or Patpong and see nude and topless dancers. But this gets censored!