Any Tips On Finding Good Deals On Business Class To Europe?

MrHammer

I was wondering if anyone has any tips for finding good deals on business class flights to Europe?

I've checked out ITA Matrix and some other sites. Cheapest seem to be around 50K baht one way except for Pakistan International Airlines, which I'm not getting on.

I also saw Norwegian flying to Scandinavia and they have something called Premium Economy on their Dreamliner. Looked like a decent alternative at almost half price.

Will a travel agent be able to find those Y-Up fares which are automatic upgrades to business for a lower price than usual?

Thanks!

I just got Etihad to BKK-AUH-MAN return for 75,500 baht

With 2hr 25min layover out bound / 1hr 20min layover return.

I had a travel agent who was supposed to be keeping her ears to the ground for promotions, but I stumbled across this one myself while out shopping and saw the advert in a travel agency window.

Best advice I have: check regularly with a travel agent. Check regularly online.

Register with frequent flyer program's and they 'sometimes' email you thr promotion...

After checking it out I am going to go with Norwegian as it seems the Dreamliner is yet not in operation. That means it is Hi Fly who does the actual flying in an ordinary Airbus and that means that the Economy Premium is actually Business Class fully reclinable seats.

So for all purposes except service and food, you get a one way business class ticket with Norwegian for 25000 THB. But only until the Dreamliner is ready.

I have flown twice in the last year with Sri Lankan airlines business class to London and the Maldives via Columbo and the price to London was a little bit more than British Airways economy and Maldives was the same as Bangkok Airways economy. I don't know if they fly to Copenhagen though and the tickets were bought online at their website. I can highly recommend them.

I have flown twice in the last year with Sri Lankan airlines business class to London and the Maldives via Columbo and the price to London was a little bit more than British Airways economy and Maldives was the same as Bangkok Airways economy. I don't know if they fly to Copenhagen though and the tickets were bought online at their website. I can highly recommend them.

Postings are not charged by font size. You can enlarge font for free.

• Like 1

After checking it out I am going to go with Norwegian as it seems the Dreamliner is yet not in operation. That means it is Hi Fly who does the actual flying in an ordinary Airbus and that means that the Economy Premium is actually Business Class fully reclinable seats.

So for all purposes except service and food, you get a one way business class ticket with Norwegian for 25000 THB. But only until the Dreamliner is ready.

Believe Norwegian doesn't have Business class on the Dreamliner, but something in between Eco xtra and Business. http://seatplans.businesstraveller.com/airlines/norwegian-air-shuttle/seatplan-classes/B787-Dreamliner-Business-6

I know, I did a cut'n'paste and couldn't be arsed to enlarge it lol

skyscanner

Skyscanner is terrible.... Prices look great, but it's impossible to get those prices once it directs to to the relevant booking site.

A google search reveals a cacophony of similar criticisms of skyscanner...

That's been my experience as well.

I've had this issue in the past and have asked others about it happening to them. It's not the case that the poster chooses to have a small font. Some gremlin in the software appears to cause it from time to time.

WE just need to get out the reading or magnifying glasses.

Good site I use is ... www.momondo.com .. it lets you select what ticket class you require ..

It will then display the price but also show you what days in the month that maybe cheaper...

Bottom line is if u want comfort it comes at a price ...

Just returned to the UK on an Emirates A380 .. very impressed ...

Edited by rmacee

A couple of years ago there were a few tailor shops/travel agents on Soi 7, Soi 9 Sukhumvit that specialized in Y class tickets. They were amazingly cheap and they advertised in the full colour tourist 'newspapers' ( for want of a better word) that were distributed to hotels.

They may or may not still operate, but worth investigating.

I just watch out for special offers from Qatar and Etihad on their own sites. I normally get an email alert. It is a bit hit and miss though because this year I got anxious and booked early.... as usual...I should have waited a bit more.

HA HA a budget business class traveler.

It is interesting that several posters now fint it amusing that some of us may not be rich enough that flying business as just an afterthought, but still can see the idea in not being completely bombed out after an 11 hour trip, particularly if that means you can get more work done aboard the flight and the next day. Of course, if you're an employee on vacation, this won't mean a thing. But if you're self employed maybe you'd look at it differently.

All of the online booking engines obtain site specific deals from time to time. I just booked a business class through Travelocity for 10,000 baht less than the other sites.

You have to check the websites repeatedly. I never used Travelocity and this time it came through.

Forget about ITA Matrix as a defacto guide. Same for Kayak. The give hints. Kayak and ITA were not listing the special on Travelocity. It depends on the airline seat sales and deals with the engine sites at any given period.

The investigation should include the following;

1. Expedia or Farecrawler

2. Orbitz or Cheaptickets

3. Webjet

4. Vayama

Also check EVA's website for promotions to a hub destination. The EVA website offers promotions not found elsewhere.

Thai Airways sometimes offers cheaper prices on some routes, particularly the HKG-BKK/HKT route.

It took me 2 weeks but I got myself a deal. I was about to go on Qatar, but I waited too long and the seat sale ended. I would have saved another 5000 baht although the flight schedule was poor. I hesitated due to the likelihood of there being an increase in the infectious respiratory illness and all signs point to additional cases being reported in the Gulf States. I figured, I'd rather avoid the region.

• Like 1