Anti-thaksin Protest Outside Emporium Today

camerata

It was incredibly hot but they must have moved pretty fast from World Trade to Emporium because I missed them at Ploenchit around the time the Nation was still reporting they were at WTC. I guess some stayed longer at WTC and then went home.

im bored of these clowns clogging up the city. why don't they protest in a field in the south or something.

Very interesting and well reasoned suggestion. :o

Thailand is in the throes of a very serious political crisis.

The Thais are excersing their democratic right to protest against massive injustices.

And to you, a farang, a guest in their country, they are clowns clogging up the city, and you'd rather they went south and presumably get blown up.

Of course they never have street protests in Paris, London or Washington, do they? :D

Very interesting and well reasoned suggestion.

i know, thanks

The Thais are excersing their democratic right to protest against massive injustices.

:o:D:D stop, you're killing me. not too keen to recognise a democratically elected Pm though, or take part in a democratic election.......

And to you, a farang, a guest in their country, they are clowns clogging up the city,

i work here, i'm married to a thai, pay taxes and have a kid on the way so i'm a little more than a guest in their country. this stuff concerns me as much as a thai born and bred here.

and you'd rather they went south and presumably get blown up.

where did you get that from? i dont want anyone to come to any harm. i just think they are being very inconsiderate.

Of course they never have street protests in Paris, London or Washington, do they?

not for weeks on end just milling about all over the place without actually doing anything.

Edited by leftcross

im bored of these clowns clogging up the city. why don't they protest in a field in the south or something.

I saw the protesters pass Robinson, Asoke and they only occupied one lane on the road. At that time the traffic was light and there was no congestion.

After the procession there was heavy traffic but no more than a normal Sunday afternoon.

Very interesting and well reasoned suggestion.

i know, thanks

:D:D:D stop, you're killing me. not too keen to recognise a democratically elected Pm though, or take part in a democratic election.......

And to you, a farang, a guest in their country, they are clowns clogging up the city,

i work here, i'm married to a thai, pay taxes and have a kid on the way so i'm a little more than a guest in their country. this stuff concerns me as much as a thai born and bred here.

and you'd rather they went south and presumably get blown up.

where did you get that from? i dont want anyone to come to any harm. i just think they are being very inconsiderate.

Of course they never have street protests in Paris, London or Washington, do they?

not for weeks on end just milling about all over the place without actually doing anything.

:o:D:D

Sounds like you've might have got you going a bit on this one :D

I accept your responses with true equanimity :D

Unfortunately, unlless you have a resident permit or are a Thai citizen, you will always be a guest in Thailand, as many of us have been for more years than we care to remember:)

you call yourself a 'guest' if you want, i've got more self respect than that.

i wouldn't call a thai who lives in england a 'guest', it would be an insult.

A Thai who lives and works in England leagally,wouldn't be required to report to immigration every 90 days and renew his visa every year, with absolutely no guarantees that he will be allowed to stay when his current year expires.

You can call yourself what you want.

Most Thais wouldn't even call you a guest - you are an alien - a farang - a foreigner.

I don't see where self respect comes in :o

Have a good evening and don't take it too seriously :D