Conditions For The Poor Get Worse In Thailand

webfact

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

here in muk,there is an increase in the poor,we(wife & I) have about 10 ladies with about 16 kids,that spend the night under our car port roof,at wifes shop.

most of them have no place to sleep except in the street..in the day time they all go to find any kind of workat night most of them come back here the sleep.

we give them free water and electricand a big pot of rice at night.

we don't allow the men to stay here,as they drink a lot and cause all kinds of trouble.

Great Im looking for a maid/caretaker 10k a month free motorcycle, free fuel, free house free electric and water, chance to increase income to 25k a month by growing pineapples ( some already planted)

You got anyone suitable because Ive given up trying to find someone who can do this?

Edited by kannot
  • Like 1

One might start to think that the poor may need to get a job or even worse, take up a second , part time job.

I often find the "poor " and "lazy" seem to go hand in hand in many cases.

So much for the PTP promises of helping the poor from the evil Dems who are trying to keep them down!

A vote for the PTP is a vote for Thaksin and a vote to better your poor rice planting lives!

pre-election, March 16, 2011

Thaksin told his supporters, “We must give the Pheu Thai Party a land slide victory in the next election so I can return to Thailand to solve the economic problems. I promise that I will make all Thai people rich within six months.”

Ya see? Even though Pheu Thai Party won the election, he's still not returned to Thailand. If only he had, then everyone would have been rich by now.

Edited by creekside

One might start to think that the poor may need to get a job or even worse, take up a second , part time job.

My old man used to say that if <deleted> was worth money, the poor would be born without an anus. It took me a while to understand what he meant.

My old man used to say that if <deleted> was worth money, the poor would be born without an anus. It took me a while to understand what he meant.
Being born into wealth is certainly nice, but it also takes even more hard work to keep the wealth and grow more.
  • Like 1

Me think's the problem here is that nobody is PLANNING his future .they just live from day to day.no desire to learn,getting better or work hard/ smart for a better outcome in life.no desire to become better.google,Wikipedia or other tools to educate your self are mostly unknown the Internet got used for such important things like Facebook or even better lottery "forecast"( check out: apichokeonline.com).I would say: if you like to achieve something in your life get your arse off and DO something for it.reading is maybe mai sanuk but it can help and Buddha beware even listen to a farang can give sometimes a great input.just as an example : one of my employees,a young girl mid twenty.I asked her what is her goal in her life and she replied to own a restaurant.though I asked her how many recipes she collected the last two years we working together and showed (proudly) her 15 recipes.I said this is not enough and if she would like I would teach her more.she took great fully my offer and promised to work hard.two weeks later she came to me and told me she is happy as it is now and the other way is just too much work.I think that sums it up!

• Like 1

Being born into wealth is certainly nice, but it also takes even more hard work to keep the wealth and grow more.

You need to think about it a little more. Some people will be poor no matter what happens, no matter what you give them.

• Like 1

The poorer get poorer the richer get richer.It takes money to make money.The more money you have it makes it easier to make more money.Look at the banks.

Banks are not 1 person's moneythumbsup.gif

The more money you have the more you can loose.

Nothing is easy.

• Like 1

Well there one for the books, 500 billion baht spent on the rice pledging scam, first car scam, first home scam and 300baht minimum wage all to increase the quality of life of the rural Thai and unskilled workers. But it created ...........

"Poverty-stricken people are overwhelmed with higher household debt, less income and over-spending, he said, adding that the expenses on alcohol and cigarettes by the poor are several times higher than the richest...........He added that drug-related cases are at an eight-year record high, representing 85.4 per cent of criminal cases and an increasing number of children aged 7-11 were admitted for rehabilitation."

A big win for Thaksinomics and the agenda of enslaving the Thai people through debt. I wonder how they will spin this? I guess its all Abhists fault.

Edited by waza

Well there one for the books, 500 billion baht spent on the rice pledging scam, first car scam, first home scam and 300baht minimum wage all to increase the quality of life of the rural Thai and unskilled workers. But it created ...........

"Poverty-stricken people are overwhelmed with higher household debt, less income and over-spending, he said, adding that the expenses on alcohol and cigarettes by the poor are several times higher than the richest...........He added that drug-related cases are at an eight-year record high, representing 85.4 per cent of criminal cases and an increasing number of children aged 7-11 were admitted for rehabilitation."

A big win for Thaksinomics and the agenda of enslaving the Thai people through debt. I wonder how they will spin this? I guess its all Abhists fault.

The DSI is working out criminal charges already, no doubt.

The poor keep getting poorer in every country.

Stop comparing us with other countries, this is Thailand we are on own, with our own ethics and culture, our problems are our problems, not just some other country that you can compare us with

Not taking a cheap shot... But it should be read as "own ethics (or lack of)", and culture often serves as an easy manner to avoid to see how backward one's own country can be.

For foreigners and external observers living in country, Thailand is just "some other country", as we have plenty of references to compare to.

Sorry for breaking the nationalistic short-sightedness. Oh, and BTW... Whenever I have visitors, I always start by telling them all that Thais hide so well about their country, so that they can see reality beyond the official "land of smiles" story.

The poor keep getting poorer in every country.

Stop comparing us with other countries, this is Thailand we are on own, with our own ethics and culture, our problems are our problems, not just some other country that you can compare us with

I am assuming you are a Thai, and find your answer most interesting.

You do not want to be compared to other countries or even associated with other countries and yet most Industrial part of Thai economy is foreign, development is foreign, cars, bikes, electronics.

You do not want to associate with other countries, but want other countries money.

You do not want to be associated with other countries, yet Thai economy is export based.

What and where do you think Thailand would be without foreign money?

PS. Just in case you were not aware, Toyota, Yamaha and Honda are NOT Thai but Japanesethumbsup.gif

Edited by lemoncake
  • Like 1

Simmering misery underneath the surface....loan sharks!

Where a year ago , insiders traded the dirty percentage,now some a fast cash company has tied a big sign on the electricity pole next to my front door.

Misery and sponsored violence as a direct result while more and more goodies can be bought on down payment loan-schemes.

Rice farmers in my area are getting more and more frustrated planting less and less rice and try to cash in on "big price sales" of farmland in order to have a down payment on their nexus Lexus car.

Since there are hardly farangs to blame in the country side they, the country folks, turn red, listen to the words and promises they need to hear,while in the mean time a ticking time bomb of collapse of social order is ticking away.

Reduction in working hours as a result of 300 baht a day minimum wage? It may be the law, but my wife was recently offered a job by a Thai company at 320 baht a day. This is seven days a week, ten hours a day and no paid holidays. Or am I being to Western in my thinking and this is a good deal in today's Thailand?

Modern day slavery.

What is this 300 baht minimum wage? A pal recently took me to his wifes farm up here in Isaan. He pointed to a couple of ladies, busy weeding a vegetable plot, and told me they were on 100 baht a day!!!

Are you sure they are Thai? In some parts of Issan they are bring in Lao workers to work incredibly cheap.