Red Shirts Join In Cyber War Of The Masks

webfact

Wait for the Yellow masks next

If the yellows, blues, multi coloured, white V mask & all other anti red (Mr T) groups actually combined into a cohesive unit they would be quite formidable.

I think one would be quite surprised at just how many people do have access to computers & the internet up country. Not necessarily in every home but the villagers through their kids will certainly be getting a good taste. I feel every oppressive regime throughout the world must fear the power of the internet & the potential for the masses to see the truth. You can hear from the words of politicians(almost feel the paranoia) here almost on a daily basis & I wonder just how much the government is spending on monitoring all that goes through.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

What is the real point of changing a profile pic to this??

Apart from displaying unity, a common objective, striving to achieve common goals, a unified stance against oppression and Goverment subjugation and a warning to the Government, no point at all really. wink.png
What is the real point of protesting anything??
  • Like 1

More idiots thinking this is a game...

And it all stems from education. Instead of fighting, learn about your own Thai history, the world and as hard as this may sound, learn to calculate without using your fingers!

Let's face it if any coloured group bothered to go beyond the V For Vendetta aspect and delved into who the mask originally represented and his history they'd all drop it like a sh*tty stick.

Why?......

"Hey Sombat. Nice mask. What's it for?"

" It's from the V for Vendetta movie and has become an international symbol of people's intentions to otherthrow tyranical governments etc"

" I see. But did you know it's a likeness of Guy Fawkes who many years ago was part of a gang who attempted regicide in England?"

Sound of mask being ripped off in a blind panic......

OR

"But did you know Guy Fawkes represented people who were being oppressed because of their religious beliefs. People that had been practicing their religion for a 1000 years but their church was made illegal by a King who changed the face of religion because he wanted to divorce his wive's....no other reason. By the time of King James, Catholics were not permitted to own a business, they were not permitted to worship they were not permitted to own weapons of any sort and they were still being burned at the stake"

The fact is the Guy Fawkes would simply have replaced one oppressive regime with another, as the Catholics themselves had always been oppressive. Do not forget that the need for a Catholic rebellion was simply because Henry VIII could not keep his di*k in his pants. The reformation saw the confiscation of the equivalent of multi billions of dollars of land and property and the destruction of all the major monasteries in the England (remembering that entire towns and villages relied on the monasteries for work, business and food). Thousands of innocent people were burned at the stake. Was Guy Fawkes bad? Only if you were a protestant member of parliament. He (and the mask?) represented the fight against an unjust, repressively obsessive, prejudiced Government. Any similarities with today in Thailand...you betcha. The trick of course is to replace it with a system that is not equally as oppressive.

Correct account of history and the meaning of Guy Fawkes complete. Guy Fawkes to this day is a reminder to the Government of England, do not segregate, and oppress the people.

Sound of Masks being re-fitted snugly to face.

A tad of an oversimplification of the European religious wars, between protestantism which sort to move away from what was by then an oppressive perverted and highly superstition based catholic church. Certainly some people supported one side or the other for personal gain rather than conviction of beliefs, and some changes sides to suit. However, it's true many innocents were caught up and suffered greatly.

Guy Fawkes was a mercenary,and an inept one at that. He wasn't some corrageous freedom fighter motivated by noble thoughts. He was a paid mercenary representing a bunch of bigots who wanted to restore an equally if not more oppressive regime which supported their chosen religion and which would have favoured them.

The film V is a good film and the mask should represent the idea of fighting totalitarianism not be associated with some dope who just happend to have a similar shaving style.

^ Yeah right. You honestly think the wearers of the mask will look at it that way rather than hear the words "regicide" in big neon letters and think about covering their <deleted> asap? If so you must live in an alternative Thailand to me. smile.png

Well that depends if people look at an ACCURATE version of history. You have already twisted history, others do also. The Catholics were fighting for their very survival being tortured, burned and thrown out of their land and property. Look at it objectively, was Guy Fawkes bad, not at all? There is no comparison at all to King James of 400 years ago or Henry 100 years earlier and any Monarchs in the World today. The story is a fight against overwhelming oppression and subjugation. That is what the movie is about, that is what the Mask is about. Interestingly he is often stated as being ' "the last man to enter Parliament with honest intentions".

Your version of history is a little one sided. Accuracy depends on whose doing the research and the writing. Presenting catholics of the time you refer to as some sort of innocent poor persecuted people is about as accurate as the speech in Mongolia presenting only chosen "facts".

History is wriiten by the victors. Nowadays it is also re-written by the politcally correct or those seeking to potray a one sided view, which happens to be their view.

Edited by Baerboxer

^ Yeah right. You honestly think the wearers of the mask will look at it that way rather than hear the words "regicide" in big neon letters and think about covering their <deleted> asap? If so you must live in an alternative Thailand to me. smile.png

Well that depends if people look at an ACCURATE version of history. You have already twisted history, others do also. The Catholics were fighting for their very survival being tortured, burned and thrown out of their land and property. Look at it objectively, was Guy Fawkes bad, not at all? There is no comparison at all to King James of 400 years ago or Henry 100 years earlier and any Monarchs in the World today. The story is a fight against overwhelming oppression and subjugation. That is what the movie is about, that is what the Mask is about. Interestingly he is often stated as being ' "the last man to enter Parliament with honest intentions".

Your version of history is a little one sided. Accuracy depends on whose doing the research and the writing. Presenting catholics of the time you refer to as some sort of innocent poor persecuted people is about as accurate as the speech in Mongolia presenting only chosen "facts".

History is wriiten by the victors. Nowadays it is also re-written by the politcally correct or those seeking to potray a one sided view, which happens to be their view.

If only William of Orange after conquering the British Natives had proceeded teaching them a decent language we could have had this forum in Dutch smile.png

• Like 2

If you would have taken the time to read my other post you commented on properly you would have seen that I had said "The problem was that Guy Fawkes and his peers would have replaced the oppressive regime with one as equally oppressive.

The film V is a good film and the mask should represent the idea of fighting totalitarianism not be associated with some dope who just happend to have a similar shaving style.

Agreed, and that has been my outlook from the start. The issue of Guy Fawkes being a bad symbol to adopt has been the red herring that has been brought in by others on this thread.

Trust the red shirts to ruin a good old PTP clampdown. Now they'll have to claim they were misrepresented or just go for the usual history rewrite.

The copycat campaign seems to indicate a lack of original thinking among the red shirts. I use 'thinking' as a loose term here.

If only William of Orange after conquering the British Natives had proceeded teaching them a decent language we could have had this forum in Dutch smile.png

Bill of Som was invited by the English in November 1688 and drew massive support from the local populace. It was common knowledge that he was on his way and a prime factor in his popularity was that James II, a Catholic, would be on his way out. Many of James' army deserted and joined up with 'the cloggies'. The UK was last successfully invaded by Guilliame the Bastard, Duke of Normandy.in 1066.

The establishment of the Republic of the Netherlands in 1815 was in part due to the defeat by we splendid Brits, with a little help from the Prussians, of Napoleon and the Spanish, who controlled the land that is now Holland.

I am very fond of the Dutch and consider them the only true Continental friends of the UK. Rather than Dutch being the predominant language of the UK, I have found very few Dutch who do not speak and use excellent English. God forbid that the House of Orange didn't impose the Dutch language which wouldn't have been too far removed from Afrikaans, a guttural tongue prone to give you a sore throat in next to no time.

I WISH that we (in the USA and UK) had such courage to defy governments.

I know that its annoying to hear and see all the red-shirts and PAD and other groups rallying... but its also great to see that PEOPLE can change things.

back home, we are shafted ten-fold by our governments... and we are all too polite to do anything about it!

the Guy Fawkes mask was such a great concept in the movie "V for Vendetta". such a perfect mask to wear for defying any government.

to be honest, the red shirts always seem to take the more 'devilistic' symbol.. (feet, red head.. etc)

anyway,, it adds spice to the rallying.

i wonder how the red shirts would pan-out if they were in the USA.

I WISH that we (in the USA and UK) had such courage to defy governments.

I know that its annoying to hear and see all the red-shirts and PAD and other groups rallying... but its also great to see that PEOPLE can change things.

back home, we are shafted ten-fold by our governments... and we are all too polite to do anything about it!

the Guy Fawkes mask was such a great concept in the movie "V for Vendetta". such a perfect mask to wear for defying any government.

to be honest, the red shirts always seem to take the more 'devilistic' symbol.. (feet, red head.. etc)

anyway,, it adds spice to the rallying.

i wonder how the red shirts would pan-out if they were in the USA.

Probably shot the very first time they lobbed grenades on a public transport line... if the protest even got that far!
  • Like 2

"remembering that entire towns and villages relied on the monasteries for work, business and food"

or "remembering that monasteries relied on entire towns and villages for food, business & tithes. & girls. & boys.

?

You would need a very active imagination to see the monasteries as wealth creators -

Edited by DekDaeng
  • Like 1

Ahh, but his wife was English so we can guess who wore the trousers then!

thumbsup.gif

• Like 1

What was it PTP called the white masks yesterday - 'Psychologically disturbed' - and todays comments for the red masks are........................conspicuous by their absence hmmmmm now that's a surprise.

The red shirts hand is so firmly entrenched in the arse of PTP that the term puppet is the only meaningful term.

When will we, the people of Thailand, get a government that shows NO double standards. For ALL of the people, red, blue, yellow, white or black. Rich or poor.

Puppet Colonscopy comes to mind.

At least they cant fire grenades and burn anything on facebook.

It also means the Govt now cant try to close it down as their own mob are on there as well.

Did you write the last sentence with a straight face?

"Do as I say, not as I do" - remember?

I don't suppose that, in the feeding frenzy of red shirt and PTP hater posts, that the only person who has attributed these anonymous facebook pages to the redshirts is the nation hack reporter?

30207008-01_big.jpg

The funny thing for me now will always be that the one on the right kinda looks like the top part of a pair of legs with a large phallus for a nose and a pair of bolleux . Would be funny to see a thousand people wearing that on their heads.

It also means the Govt now cant try to close it down as their own mob are on there as well.

Lest we forget, it's Facebook. Now if you really want to piss of the vast majority urban Thailand, shut down Facebook.

Noistar, on 28 May 2013 - 19:56, said:snapback.png

Robby nz, on 28 May 2013 - 09:11, said:snapback.png

You are right of course Noistar when I see the response from the reds to anything that anyone does that they think may harm their beloved leader it gets harder to keep a straight face.

And of course the reaction from PT of threats only adds to the comedy,

• Like 1

I suppose as the reds campaign hots up they too will be subject of government warnings about their behaviour. Oh silly me I forgot all about the double standards dictum.

AH HA.... NOW I AM CONVINCED WHY YINGLUCK PROMISED TABLETS..........VENDETTA BLUSHING RED

Lest we forget, it's Facebook. Now if you really want to piss of the vast majority urban Thailand, shut down Facebook.

îf this continues.... THAILAND WOULD HAVE TO OPEN A NEW SOCIAL NETWORK - LOSTFACE