Farang Women In Phuket

IrishIvan

I was in Patong last night. I also ran into a Thai lady at one of the discos there. I've known her for a couple of years. So I decided to stay the night in a hotel.

So this morning I woke up and we both went to the 7-11 to fill up her phone credit. We are in the queue and we agreed on 1000 baht. She says 2000 and I say get lost jokingly. Then some light heavyweight middle aged Aussie lady, turns and starts abusing me. I said look lady I know her and I was just joking. She kept on and on. So I gave her a peice of my mind and just turned and left. My lady gave her some kind of verbal attack which I couldn't quite understand but it didnt sound like she was being polite.

This isnt the first time I have had run ins with farang women. At the Aussie bar it happens quite regularly. I can remember 6 occasions when I've been in an argument with farang women of varying ages and weights. Even when I shop up in Central or Villa, I get evil stares and comments when I have a Thai female companion. So its broad spectrum hate. Some women are obviously here on 2 week package deals. Others are definitely living here.

My question is: why the resentment and downright sexism from these women? Do they involve themselves in Thai on Thai relationships or do they just get riled up when they see a farang man with a Thai lady?

• Like 1

Don't they realize men come here to get away from Farang women??

There is no reason for a Farang woman to come here.

The sweet beautiful Thai women make them seem like big, rude beached wales!

• Like 2

What type of things do they say to you IrishIvan?

This creature at the 7-11 this morning said. "How dare you tell her to get lost" I told her some things that cant be put up on Thaivisa.

I've had the old mail order bride comment more than once

But the general situation goes like this. I will be sitting there with a pal of mine and some female company. One or two farang females will come to the table beer in hand slurring their words and drinking quite heavily. they come over pretending to be nice and it quickly becomes obvious that they are going to become nasty. Normally sarcastic and cynical comments.

Also it happens quite a lot when shopping. Jung Ceylon is always teaming with potential attackers.

+1

Here is something that will get the message across without saying a word and will make you feel much better. The next time a farang woman goes off on you, just smile, turn around, drop your trousers and give her another smile. tongue.png

Wow...you guys must look pretty dogdy to even be on a farang womans radar.

Mid 30s white 200 pounds. No visible tattoos. Normally when I go out for the night I wear sneakers, jeans and a t-shirt.

Have they mostly been Australian women having a go at you OP? How about the age range of the women?

All ages. Mostly Australians but that is the demographics place of abuse. Generally in Patong and Jung Ceylon

Edited by IrishIvan

Highly doubt if the experience is shared by farangs who are in a long time relationship with a Thai lady and go all sorts of places with her. It might make a difference how the lady is dressed, and if you speak Thai or English with her.

Edited by keestha

Highly doubt if the experience is shared by farangs who are in a long time relationship with a Thai lady and go all sorts of places with her. It might make a difference how the lady is dressed, and if you speak Thai or English with her.

So its ok for people of the opposite sex to abuse you based on what you wear and if you can speak Thai?