Data Roaming

I get this message in the notice bar on my Android phone:

Data Roaming

You have lost data connectivity because y

Yeah that's all it says, the message is cut off at that point. If I tick/press the message I get to the "mobile networks" page where everything seems normal. Data roaming is ticked, not sure if it makes any difference in Thailand.

I'm using Truemove-H.

The message seems to somehow be related to switching to Wifi, though I don't really see how those two things are related.

Anyway I don't seem to actually have lost any connectivity at any time, just wondering about the message.

I get this message in the notice bar on my Android phone:

Data Roaming

You have lost data connectivity because y

Yeah that's all it says, the message is cut off at that point. If I tick/press the message I get to the "mobile networks" page where everything seems normal. Data roaming is ticked, not sure if it makes any difference in Thailand.  

I'm using Truemove-H. 

The message seems to somehow be related to switching to Wifi, though I don't really see how those two things are related.

Anyway I don't seem to actually have lost any connectivity at any time, just wondering about the message.

Not sure. But I use true H and have also been getting the R roaming from time to time. The cynic in me thinks it is a true ploy to get you onto the new 2100mhz so they make more money :D

But the realist makes me think its just another true cock up.

Sent from my i-mobile i-STYLE Q6

With TrueMove H you should enable data roaming so you can get TrueMove 2G/1800 MHz for those times you are outside CAT/850 MHz coverage. You may also want to enable SMS Roaming auto-retrieve.

What phone, and Android version do you have. Different models and versions handle switching between WiFI and mobile data better than others. I've noticed my Nexus 4/Android 4.2.2 seems to handle this task much better than my SGS1, SGS2, SGS3, even with 4.2.2 ROMs.

If you have 100% TrueMove H coverage then maybe try un-ticking data roaming to see of you get this message. Is this a new phenomenon? It's not clear to me if this is a network message or an Android message?

Edited by lomatopo

It's a Galaxy Note 2, Android 4.1.2, rooted, standard ROM but Nova launcher (can't stand the Touchwiz launcher!).

Data roaming is already enabled. Network mode set to GSM/WCDMA (Auto). Not sure what else I can set?

I think I recall seeing R shown once, not sure.

Thinking back, I've seen the message with previous phones, but long ago. Could have been my HTC Dream or Nexus Galaxy, both with various ROM's.

How do you enable SMS roaming auto-retrieve?

FWIW, I seem to have the following available networks here:

TRUE-H

TH GSM

TOT3G

DTAC

TRUE

TH GSM 1800

My Galaxy Note 1 does it from time to time. A while ago it caused me to lose internet for a few days then it started working again.

I sometimes get the R popping up now but it doesnt stop me using the internet.

:D