Electric Toothbrush In Chiang Mai?

OldChinaHam

I had an Oral-B electric toothbrush I have used for a decade that worked well with a small transformer I bought in HK for use in 110, 115. 125 and 220 mains areas. Who knows what the voltage usually is in Chiang Mai, I have heard 150 - 220 volts.

But I left my old Oral-B in one of the boxes I forgot to bring with me to Thailand.

So what is the best replacement?

I do not much care about the brand.

I am just looking for something that works with voltages of 100 to 220 for charging the battery of the brush motor.

I am also looking for a good quality electric tooth brush which can be purchased in CM, and which is reasonably priced for good quality product.

(This is one product I have never thought of buying "used", thank you.)

I have Sonicare. I just got another one of the latest model back "home"and I'm using the older one, in Chiang Mai. Highly recommended by dentists. Apparently multivoltage, no problem charging in USA, Japan, Thailand, etc..

Edited by arunsakda

The stores like Central sell Braun powered toothbrushes.

From low end regular battery models to more expensive rechargeable ones.

I used to use Sonic care but like the higher end Brauns more.

Also the waterpik is really good at keeping bacteria at bay.

I guess you can buy it in the Robinson Department Store of Central Plaza (Airport).

I bought my Braun toothbrush about 30 years ago and it is still working! Last year I bought some brush replacements in Robinson's Department of Central Plaza (Airport) for this old tool.

I guess you can buy it in the Robinson Department Store of Central Plaza (Airport).

I bought my Braun toothbrush about 30 years ago and it is still working! Last year I bought some brush replacements in Robinson's Department of Central Plaza (Airport) for this old tool.

Central Group is the parent company with a lot of different outlets like Robinson dept store, Powerbuy, Family Mart, Tops, Big C etc

Braun is sold in a lot of places.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Central_Group

I had thought that Braun and Oral-B might have the same parent company. Just checked and yes, it is P&G according to Wikipedia:

Braun's products include the following categories:

• Shaving and grooming (electric shaving, hair trimming, beard trimming)
  • Oral care (now under the Oral-B brand)
  • Beauty care (hair care and epilation)
  • Health and wellness (ear thermometers, blood pressure monitors) (out-licensed)
  • Food and drink preparation (coffee makers, coffee grinders, toasters, blenders, juicers) (out-licensed)
  • Irons (out-licensed)
  • Clocks, watches and calculators (out-licensed)

I have also found that if you get a good brush then they last almost forever. So a good one is probably worth looking for.

The Wikipedia article is here:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Braun_(company)

I hope you are not saying your old brushes were thirty years old before you replaced them.

Once you have used an electric you will never go back to doing it by hand.

I usually travel with a Colgate brand battery toothbrush and a Oral B rechargable at home. I actually like the Colgate battery powered one better but it is slightly more costly to run because of the batteries if that should be a consideration.

Being able to buy the replacement brushes easily is more important .

I always take my electric plug adapter to LOS and charge everything through it and never had a problem.

On the advice of the dentist I recently purchased an Oral B Pro 6000 and wouldn't go back to manual brushing. They're not cheap but it's solid and expect it last at least three or four years. I will take it to LOS later this year and charge as normal and don't expect any problems.

Hard to find a Braun 110-220v, Braun does not even sell them in the USA. Got one in Singapore a few years ago. Online two places that have the 110-220 Braun charger which fits Braun Professional Care 3000,4000, & 5000 Newcomers and The Essentials, info from Braun USA 5 weeks ago.

wow, i only get a couple of weeks out of the brushes on my braun.

how long can you stretch out a razor?

The US and Thai model Brauns are the same rechargeable brushes.

It's just a different charger rated for 110 or 220.

I take mine back and forth and charges fine. It's so much cheaper to buy a Braun etc at Walmart but can also just buy a charger for the desired current on Ebay.

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_trksid=p3984.m570.l1313.TR5.TRC1&_nkw=braun+toothbrush+charger&_sacat=0&_from=R40

$20.99 spacer01.gifspacer01.gif

Oral-B 3D, 3D Excel, ProfessionalCare & Sonic Complete Dual Voltage Charger 7040052
Braun Part Number: 7040052

Oral-B 3D, 3D Excel, ProfessionalCare (5000-8000) series and Sonic Complete dual voltage power toothbrush charging stand 100v - 240v.*

Models/Types: 3728, 3761, 3762, 4717, 4729, 4736.

The Essentials website

For about 7 years I've been using a Philips Sonicare 120/240V purchased in the USA. Originally had to have 2 bases, one for each 120 and 240V, now it's universal voltage. Once in the past year purchased a new brush head at Robinson in Chiang Mai, not exactly cheap, however all continues to operate and charge as it should.

Also using an antique Water Pik multi-voltage water spray after use of the toothbrush to clean gunk from those impossible to reach places between teeth and passages between roots at the gum line. This unit is from the 60's and sooner or later will need to replace this boxy old unit with a newer version since parts are no longer available from the factory. (FYI, the booklet warns of forcing sludge down into the gum line, so use a Water Pik as directed.

• 6 months later...

I hauled in mine from the US. Seems difficult to find this sort of stuff anywhere, either quality shavers or replacement toothbrush heads, stuff like that. I usually have this stuff dropped to a relative in the US via Amazon and they just send over a parcel when it is full about $23. Definately a cheaper way to go as well.

I bought an Oral-B here in Chiang Mai a few years ago. It seems to have more power than the one I have in the states. I think I got it at Tesco Lotus, but I'm not sure about that. However, if I were looking today that is where I would start (then Big C and then pharmacies).

I did not compare with any of the other brands because I had replacement brushes for Oral-B and they are on the expensive side.

You say that you brought some brush replacements....for this old tool. I hope you were referring to the toothbrush and not just degrading yourself! facepalm.gif I agree with all the posts about Braun/Oral B replacement brushes being expensive, when I lived back in New Zealand I could go onto a NZ Website called TradeMe and buy bulk amounts of genuine brushes for a fraction of the cost. During my overseas travels I have never seen them any cheaper, but in saying that I aint doing a trip back to NZ just for brushes! Might be time to email my bro and get him to send some across.

Agree that Braun are possibly the best and lots of different models in Robinsons (Airport Plaza). Havent tried a waterpik yet... was tempted to buy one when residing in the Philippines just never got around to it. Sure there are other brands of electris toothhbrushes but Ive found that their motors dont have as much 'grunt' compared to Braun. On the plus side is that other brands replacement brushes are normally a lot cheaper than Braun.

I believe most of the more modern electric brushes are now dual voltage, which is great. I just hope as time goes on that more manufacturers do the same with their appliances. I cant cound how many people Ive helped find replacement power packs due to burning out their 110v system with 220-240v here.