Pedicure With Haircut In Chiang Mai?

OldChinaHam

About a month ago, I finally found some place in Chiang Mai to cut my toenails.

But it was not easy, I had to ask a half a dozen places before I found some American English instructor to translate for me, and even he had a hard time with much coaxing before his persistence paid off. I was given a pedicure, nothing fancy, and I paid and left.

This time I want to get everything done in one visit, a haircut and a pedicure, and maybe my nails cut and buffed too.

So where do I go and what is the going rate?

I can't just go to your average barber can I?

And I am hoping to find a place somewhere North of the Runway. I don't care if they don't speak English, in fact I think I would prefer it if they do not.

I also prefer a female to trim my nails while a male does the trimming of my hair.

Can anyone tell me what I should pay and where I should go?

Last time I did the pedicure I think I paid 200Baht or something. A real nice little old lady did the work for me, but she did not really have the best of tools to work with. Her nail clipper had seen better days and she actually had to use two hands to clip the big toe nail which went flying off some where across her shop.

Any help with directions, I will appreciate.

Thanks.

"Her nail clipper had seen better days and she actually had to use two hands to clip the big toe nail which went flying off some where across her shop."

i just threw up in my mouth a little...

It must have been my typo of "somewhere"?

Something you should consider. A few years ago in the U.S.A. there were several newspaper articles about manicure and pedicure shops. Apparently they were a source of fungus outbreaks. Some quite serious. Now as you know Thais are not noted for their hygiene and this being a hot and humid climate, I think I would think twice before using the services of these places here.

You need to go to a proper manicure/pedicure shop. It's not realistic to expect both a really good haircut and a good pedicure at the same shop, unfortunately. As someone who has a manicure almost every week, I can tell you the places that are also beauty/barber shops take too many risks, don't sterilize their tools and have untrained people doing the work. So, think like a woman and plan a "me day" -- have a manicure/pedicure at a proper shop and then go to another shop to get your hair cut while your nail color hardens.

The Barbers shop in my condo has been doing my Haircut, Nails, Hand and Toes for B100 for the last Ten years.

Professionally trained owner and girl in eairly thirties who has been there since I came to live.

john

Something you should consider. A few years ago in the U.S.A. there were several newspaper articles about manicure and pedicure shops. Apparently they were a source of fungus outbreaks. Some quite serious. Now as you know Thais are not noted for their hygiene and this being a hot and humid climate, I think I would think twice before using the services of these places here.

They have it here too. On the Thai news from time to time. Some case result in hospitalization and IV meds. It is very dangerous here as they do not sterilize the instruments properly.

• Like 1

They have it here too. On the Thai news from time to time. Some case result in hospitalization and IV meds. It is very dangerous here as they do not sterilize the instruments properly.

Thank you for this information. Since I was serious in posting the topic, then it is very good to know that this is a risk. One thing I did notice with my first CM nail clipping experience is that they don't use hot water, or very warm water. The function of the warm water is to loosen or change the shape of the molecular structure of the material which makes up the human nail, and hair too. I think if you go over your basic chemistry you will find out that this is true. That is the reason it is also better to heat up your beard before a shave, it softens the hair material.

As far as infection goes though, I guess you really take a risk which may not be worth it. Or, you could just buy your own tools and then take them with you to the shop. I may do this because I really dislike cutting my own nails. Some people have a fear of clowns, but I think I may have a slight fear of my own nails, or at least clipping them.

Anyway, thanks very much, you may have saved me a stay in the hospital, who knows?

Edited by OldChinaHam

I have my own private hair stylist and pedicurist ,and it costs me

nothing, well maybe a kiss and cuddle,as its the wife.

She can be a bit aggressive when doing my toe nails,cleaning

out the sides of my big toe nails with the hook thing on the

nail clippers.

regards Worgeordie

I have my own private hair stylist and pedicurist ,and it costs me

nothing, well maybe a kiss and cuddle,as its the wife.

She can be a bit aggressive when doing my toe nails,cleaning

out the sides of my big toe nails with the hook thing on the

nail clippers.

regards Worgeordie

Obviously, you are happily married.