Where To Find Quality Expats In Thailand

andrew

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry am going to have to agree with the original thought, that Udon expats are the bottom of the barrel. I have been through there many times, and each time that concept is reinforced.. Was in a small bar beer the last time , at the Day and Night bar beer center. There was a farang passed out stone cold in the corner of the bar. A pleasant Thai woman was there with her 1 year old child. When I asked her who the passed out guy was, she said it was her husband.....

Side note: Have also been to Ranong many times, do not recall seeing any Japanese expats in large numbers. Regarding respect for Japanese men, do some research on the comfort women and Unit 731 in China, and tell me if you feel the same way about Japanese men.

Wait, have you confused Ranong and Rayong ? That is a bit of a newcomer mistake.....

Edited by EyesWideOpen
  • Like 1

Ranong is wealthier than Bangkok, Chonburi and Samut Prakan ? You learn something new everyday.

Apparently, yes. I've seen the stats. Have you? Ever heard of the Detroit of the East?

Ranong is wealthier than Bangkok, Chonburi and Samut Prakan ? You learn something new everyday.

Apparently, yes. I've seen the stats. Have you? Ever heard of the Detroit of the East?

Yes. Maybe you should research where it is.

HEY -- MASSIVE APOLOGIES!!!!

I meant Rayong. I'm really sorry. You're right and I'm wrong.

Very sorry.

• Like 1

I once met an expat female yoga insructor who had worked in both Phuket and Chiang Mai. She said the expats in Phuket "had more money than brains" and the ones in Chiang Mai had "more brains that money".

Personally, I'm glad to be part of the brainy crowd.

Lived there 6 years. Really bad air for three months, and a somewhat boring nightlife. But otherwise ok, and a pretty good group of expats.

Another Pattaya bashing thread?w00t.gif

Isn't there a quota system in effect on that?

I love Pattaya bashing threads, especially when performed by up country guys with bar girl wives they met in Pattaya. The hypocrisy is wonderful !!! Plus since I live here, I can easily judge the accuracy of the bashing comments...

Clearly they don't know what they're missing either. Pattaya, home to the world famous PAO.

Pattaya

Art

Organization

The global hub of art project installations involving hand made noodles and dark Chinese vinegar mounted on cardboard and sold for a minimum of 10 million baht. Open? Whenever! Don't complain or no noodles for you!

Also don't forget Jomtien. Word is in twenty years it will be RETRO and then y'all will be so jealous!

These provincials from Bangkok, Chiang Mai, and Phuket just don't get it. thumbsup.gif

Edited by Jingthing

I once met an expat female yoga insructor who had worked in both Phuket and Chiang Mai. She said the expats in Phuket "had more money than brains" and the ones in Chiang Mai had "more brains that money".

Personally, I'm glad to be part of the brainy crowd.

Any chance you can PM me the details of the expat female yoga instructor?

Ranong is the wealthiest province in Thailand? That's news to me. I would imagine that most of the wealth in Thailand would be concentrated in Bangkok. Wikipedia says Ranong has the lowest population of any province in Thailand. Is it mainly the super rich that live there?

Ranong is the wealthiest province in Thailand? That's news to me. I would imagine that most of the wealth in Thailand would be concentrated in Bangkok. Wikipedia says Ranong has the lowest population of any province in Thailand. Is it mainly the super rich that live there?

The OP has now realised he didn't know what province he was talking about, but is yet to realise his facts were a survey that was as well thought through as a 7 year olds homework and only took into account wages of people who declare what they earn. Where as every rich person in Thailand owns their own business and doesn't declare what they actually make and avoid paying tax until they get caught and then donate to the tax inspectors retirement fund instead of declaring their true income and assets.

What the OP's well thought through evidence research concluded was that employed ex-pats have to declare they income and ex pat oil workers declare a lot more than most employed Thais whose income is considerably less and that most only earn 9000 Baht. Surprise surprise Rayong topped the list OUTSIDE of Bangkok.

• Like 2

Read my comments above. I wrote RANONG when actually I meant RAYONG.

This was my mistake and I apologize again for the confusion.

Read my comments above. I wrote RANONG when actually I meant RAYONG.

This was my mistake and I apologize again for the confusion.

Ahhhh, okay. Gotcha. Thanks, I was really confused.

• Like 1

I am the guy who started the thread "my recent trip to Udon".

Unfortunately you are missing the point I made about expats. In this thread you have graded expats entirely on their income. I am only in my forties and have retired early to Thailand as a self made millionaire. However, I do not judge other expats by their net worth, or their salary.

I judge them on their self respect. In Udon, I did not observe a single expat who took pride in himself or his conduct.

Why on earth was your "Recent trip to Udon",from Phuket of all places by bus then?cheesy.gif

Even the cheapest backpacker would NOT make that epic journey by bus,a millionaire business man would just fly Silk Air (Business Class) with Thai Air for around 10-15,000 baht return!rolleyes.gif

Agreed. I've commented on this already, but my post seems to have been removed.

It would appear that little Phronesis is living in a dream world.