Luxury Cars Worth Bt100 Million Destroyed In Semi-Trailer Fire

webfact

I wonder how many fire extenguishers were aboard and how many were used? Surely there would be a few in the cab with the driver.

Yeah, they are located next to the hazard triangles

Good thing there are hazard triangles growing alongside every roadway. You never know when you're going to break down and need to break off a branch to warn other motorists while you look for a lake or pond ( otherwise known as a fire extenguisher).

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

looks more like a ferrari f430 in the rear not a second lambo...rear engine car so maybe hot exhaust and anchor straps = fire?

wow...just googled ferrari f430 fire for kicks...they seem to have a bit of bad luck with fires. LOL And while doing so I did see another article with better pics of the same accident and it was a Ferrari.

Wasn't a rear-engined one though, they don't exist, .

Must be only in your neck of woods that they don't exist with rear engine.

Manufacturer Ferrari Also called 430 Production 2004–2009 Assembly Maranello, Italy Predecessor Ferrari 360 Successor Ferrari 458 Italia Class Sports car Body style 2-seat Berlinetta

2-seat Spider Layout Rear mid-engine, rear-wheel drive Engine 4.3 L V8 http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ferrari_F430

A lot of these luxury cars are delivered up north cause they go straight over the boarders to the cartel owners in the golden triangle. Not people I'd like to upset.

So who would you like to upset ?.

A lot of these luxury cars are delivered up north cause they go straight over the boarders to the cartel owners in the golden triangle. Not people I'd like to upset.

If you had an occasion to meet the owners of these cars you would (maybe) change your mind. They are actually very nice people... even in the Golden Triangle.

There are a number of Lamborghini, Ferrari, Bentley owners in Khon Kaen plus many of the "big" business owners choose AMG Benz. More chance of seeing a lambo than a buffalo in 21st Century Khon Kaen.

I have no way of knowing this, but I somehow think this could well be an insurance scam. It's very hard to believe the car caught on fire ... and even harder to believe the fire spread to other cars.

I wonder how many fire extenguishers were aboard and how many were used? Surely there would be a few in the cab with the driver.

Yeah, they are located next to the hazard triangles

Good thing there are hazard triangles growing alongside every roadway. You never know when you're going to break down and need to break off a branch to warn other motorists while you look for a lake or pond ( otherwise known as a fire extenguisher).

Hazard triangle? Isn't that Thai for a branch or twig placed 20m behind the stopped truck in the dark, without hazard lights with people standing behind the truck inspecting the axle?

The cars were being delivered to Sisaket province.

They use Lamborgini iron buffalo's in Sisaket these days ?

Rice mill owners according to another news article on here tongue.png

Getting 15k per ton of sneaky rice can net you a tidy profit. I have seen video of Cambodian rice being brought in by the boatloads.

However, I do think that the scenario of the truck tire catching fire is likely. Braking on the engine is not done here.

Anyone who has driven the Mittaprap knows what the hills are like. They are very hard on the brakes.

I am surprised the truckie did not do a runner.

Thanks for your information. I am well aware of the danger in breaking on long steep hills with out a Jake Break.

I was unaware of the topography of that part of Thailand.

I have no way of knowing this, but I somehow think this could well be an insurance scam. It's very hard to believe the car caught on fire ... and even harder to believe the fire spread to other cars.

Good point. I can conceive of the rare chance of the brakes being the original culprit and am very skeptical of it getting big enough to start a fire on the car above it. Conceivable but takes a bit of imagination stretching. But how do the cars in front of it catch on fire with the wind blowing the other way an a moving truck.

I am not saying there was any thing done on purpose or that it didn't happen but the whole thing takes a lot of assumptions in.

Rice mill owners according to another news article on here tongue.png

Getting 15k per ton of sneaky rice can net you a tidy profit. I have seen video of Cambodian rice being brought in by the boatloads.

However, I do think that the scenario of the truck tire catching fire is likely. Braking on the engine is not done here.

Anyone who has driven the Mittaprap knows what the hills are like. They are very hard on the brakes.

I am surprised the truckie did not do a runner.

Thanks for your information. I am well aware of the danger in breaking on long steep hills with out a Jake Break.

I was unaware of the topography of that part of Thailand.

"I was unaware of the topography just about everything of that part of Thailand."

Young or old, privileged or self-made, the owners of these charred shells are going to be pretty devastated.

If you have lazy 40m BHT to spend on a Lamborghini that doesn't make you any less deserving of sympathy.

Jealousy is an ugly thing.

Astonishment would be a more accurate term. Driving a Lambo around Sisaket?

This would be like eating in a house of poor people who are having simple fare, but you order in a lobster dinner and eat it in front of them.

Am pretty sure devastation of the owners would not apply here. Poor people tend to spend a high percent of their net worth on a car. Rich people spend a very low percent of their net worth on a car. So a Thai farmer losing his Vigo truck would be devastated. I suspect for these owners, they will simply order another Lambo....

• Like 1

looks more like a ferrari f430 in the rear not a second lambo...rear engine car so maybe hot exhaust and anchor straps = fire?

wow...just googled ferrari f430 fire for kicks...they seem to have a bit of bad luck with fires. LOL And while doing so I did see another article with better pics of the same accident and it was a Ferrari.

Wasn't a rear-engined one though, they don't exist, .

Must be only in your neck of woods that they don't exist with rear engine.

Manufacturer Ferrari Also called 430 Production 2004–2009 Assembly Maranello, Italy Predecessor Ferrari 360 Successor Ferrari 458 Italia Class Sports car Body style 2-seat Berlinetta

2-seat Spider Layout Rear mid-engine, rear-wheel drive Engine 4.3 L V8 http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ferrari_F430

I'm guessing he's just being technical since I probably should have said mid-engine or mid-ship since it's not behind the rear wheels. But yeah, I felt what I was said was clear enough.

Just wondering why all cars full of fuel for transportation, maybe the 'full tank of fuel' sales pitch managed to seal the deal, you know how tight rich people are!!! coffee1.gif

Edited by Rickster

Quote : Pulling over, Ekkapat found the BMW, which was loaded last, on fire and flames quickly spread to the other vehicles. He was unable to put out the blaze.

The fire also damaged the truck's air-brake tubes causing several luxury cars to slide down off the trailer. Some plunged into a roadside ditch, while others blocked two outbound lanes of the highway, causing a traffic jam.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I don't think that he used his rear view mirrors that much. Normal behaviour? Enough heat is generated in bringing a private car to a halt from 30 mph to boil a kettle of water so didn't the driver have the nous to engage a very low gear to assist in controlling his speed on downhill stretches of the road?

Why should an air brake failure cause the cars to slide off the back of the transporter? Didn't the driver, as many Thais, realise that he had a hand brake? And use it? And where are the pictures showing the wrecks in a ditch? Why were not the cars securely shackled down?

So many question, so few answers.

• Like 1

i see that only the engine bay has burned in the ferrari. these ferraris are known for engine bay fires, ive even seen 1 being re-shelled in a shed around the soi siam area. the engine had gone up in that as well. looks like the ferrari took out the car (BMW?) above.

OK at least nobody´s got injured, but things like that make me sad. These cars are works of art, and you can still see it even after they have burned, especially the Italian cars. Are there even suitable roads to drive them on in the province...?

I had an encounter with a new Ferrari in Udon Thani city a month ago out side a Hotel. Nice and had a handsome, young, in his 20is, Asian driver.

484453_539476972757266_847666970_n.jpg

But I thought,my GFs car has the better colour. tongue.png So, I parked it in Pole Position. wink.png

537925_539476586090638_570407417_n.jpg

In Thailand, with its special prices and taxes, 50 from the GREEN one, for one RED one! thumbsup.gif

• Like 2

OK at least nobody´s got injured, but things like that make me sad. These cars are works of art, and you can still see it even after they have burned, especially the Italian cars. Are there even suitable roads to drive them on in the province...?

Yes there are roads, even so called "Highways" where you can let them run, regarding the road surface. But sure not to everywhere!

The problem is, that the only Euopean style secured Highway-roads, fenced, elevated, free from slowest traffic, are in and around Bangkok.

So, you should be aware of dangerous obstacles everywhere else.whistling.gif