King Power Plans 1 Billion Baht Complex At Lat Krabang

webfact

King Power plans THB1 billion complex
By Coconuts Bangkok

king-power.jpg

BANGKOK: -- King Power International Group, Thailand's largest duty-free operator, is planning to invest more than THB1 billion in creating a stand-alone duty-free complex. The new complex will be situated at Lat Krabang and is slated to open before October of this year.

The new center will be 10,000 square meters in size – roughly the same size as its main complex in Soi Rangnam, near Victory Monument. Voramas Srivaddhanaprabha, the group's executive vice-president, said business has been healthy this year and that his company plans to attract more Thai customers.

Full story: http://bangkok.coconuts.co/2013/05/30/king-power-plans-thb1-billion-complex

cocon.jpg
-- Coconuts Bangkok 2013-05-30

So how does "duty free" work inside the country's borders?

King Power has already a very successful Facility in the Pullman Hotel Complex (owned by King Power)

you can only buy stuff there if you can provide a ticket. (the items purchased (most of them) will be avaiable for pickup at the airport on the day of your departure)

this Duty Free Temples seem to work out quite well. there is also one in Pattaya opened up a few months back (also from King power).

• Like 1

Will this one have an airport around it too?

40 Road km from the Airport. (lat KRabang would be 3 km from the Airport)

the Report is not only wrong in the phase this project is in, they also wrong about the location, as its already beeing Constructed in Bang Bo, Samutprakan near the King Power Warehouse and Company Academy.

not in Lat Krabang, Bangkok
  • Like 1

Please name any single item that you can buy in King Power duty free, cheaper than Bangkok stores.

Smirnoff vodka at 500 baht per liter (- 5% with King power Card). Price in Bangkok about 700 baht.

But agree with you most items can be bought cheaper in bangkok stores.

I am still to find out, what sense it makes?!

You go there, pick an article, pay, get a ticket and pick up the article at the airport duty free...where you are going anywhere...

I just don't get it!

You go there, pick an article, pay, get a ticket and pick up the article at the airport duty free...where you are going anywhere...

I just don't get it!

Agreed. Maybe it's a stop for those big buses full of open mouthed Chinese.

So nice, now Chinese tourists can book a Duty Free Tour of Thailand,

shop at the airport, hop on a bus and take a tour of the duty free shops around Thailand (Bangkok - Pattaya...). In fact maybe they won't even need to overnight and can do the full trip in a day thumbsup.gif

I just don't get it!

It sure is.

I lived in that small Soi directly behind the Kingpower on Soi Rangnam and it was busloads of Asians, being shoveled in there.

But still: what Is the point?

You have to pick it up at the Duty Free (Kingpower) shops at the airport...so...you are going there anyways!

Why ruin your day in Bangkok with ...that?

The Asian- mindset is not an easy one to under-sa-tand!

Let me ad one thing: why build such a massive complex?

If you can not take anything out there...why have 100 bottles Johnny Walker,100 packs of Marlboro light etc.?

Isn't ONE BOTTLE totally enough to look at and say "Yeah...I want that handed over to me at the airport!"?!

Edited by DocN

I just don't get it!

It sure is.

I lived in that small Soi directly behind the Kingpower on Soi Rangnam and it was busloads of Asians, being shoveled in there.

But still: what Is the point?

You have to pick it up at the Duty Free (Kingpower) shops at the airport...so...you are going there anyways!

Why ruin your day in Bangkok with ...that?

The Asian- mindset is not an easy one to under-sa-tand!

Let me ad one thing: why build such a massive complex?

If you can not take anything out there...why have 100 bottles Johnny Walker,100 packs of Marlboro light etc.?

Isn't ONE BOTTLE totally enough to look at and say "Yeah...I want that handed over to me at the airport!"?!

Exactly.

What happened to all the Russians? Why aren't they going there? Or are they too busy doing real shopping at Paragon or in Pattaya?