Pcx150 Vs. Sh150I Vs. Best Scooter In Thailand...

RaysFan

Just looked up the MSX125... Actually looks pretty cool... but very small, would it be appropriate for someone my size? 6'4... Also, how much would the 200cc kit cost to have installed? What would be the performance boost?

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hmm, yeah I thought about the 6'4 thing after I posted, you would fit, but alone. and that could be boring.... The boost would be quite a large one, though I haven't seen any dynos yet.

Even though I hate the PCX, with your size and a passenger, it really may be the best choice for you. Unless you picked up a used CBR250r etc.

PCX is big like a whale. I honestly dislike riding a fully auto.

125cc honda Wave for cheap bikes, but at 27 and looking at the price of a PCX I would get the Honda MSX125, hell they have 200cc kits for them already. They have a full clutch or semi auto like the wave.

At the risk of the anti-Chinese bike crew jumping in - something like the Keeway RKV 200 suits a full size person and it comes with a 200cc motor as standard - at the same cost as the MSX 125

But if most your riding is in the city a full manual with clutch is a bit of a pain - so the PCX is worth serious consideration.

Like Looselazer I was of the opinion that SH was not here, but it appears to have arrived with a whimper!

As to which is better? The SH is the best selling scooter in Italy and has been for a long time. You can follow them on the autostrada doing 120 kph.

As for which is better? PCX or SH? That is mainly a fit and styling question.

The engine is very similar so as yet I see no difference there, but they are not identical as J Costa has a different variator for each but the weights are the same. AS the OP is 6' 4" I suggest he sits on both before deciding. SH has bigger wheels so will have more motorbike like handling which may be better on the hwy but many guys travel on hwy with PCX so. Then again in traffic the SH 150 might feel a bit larger so limit lane splitting to get to the front of the queue.

The OP is 27 he will have no trouble finding a passenger but any potential passenger might be swayed by the fact that the SH is new and more expensive?

Conclussion? Sit on both in the dealer (as rider and passenger), ride both if you can. Buy whichever feels better.

yeah, it was late but i got it now.tongue.png

yes, honda released sh150 and i posted the photos of it from the last motorshow here, oh boy, my brain is getting older i guess.

So, if i need to select between sh150 and pcx 150, of course i choose sh150i, it is around for a long time in Europe with good reviews and it look much more better quality than a pcx and it is different! It has Euro style!

by the way, i was inclining towards a msx125 or scooter for my gf have seen the new Honda cub yesterday at the dealer and it looks great man, maybe it is time for me to change my rusty wave 125.

Only major setback is, it is only 110 cc:(

post-114750-0-37127200-1370421265_thumb.

Edited by loserlazer

lol, yes, for the last miserable 3 years i havnt left my place, and before that i was too drunk to remember the rear brake, i think. smile.png

Well, it's a good thing you didn't ride whilst drunk.

yes, honda released sh150 and i posted the photos of it from the last motorshow here, oh boy, my brain is getting older i guess.

So, if i need to select between sh150 and pcx 150, of course i choose sh150i, it is around for a long time in Europe with good reviews and it look much more better quality than a pcx and it is different! It has Euro style!

by the way, i was inclining towards a msx125 or scooter for my gf have seen the new Honda cub yesterday at the dealer and it looks great man, maybe it is time for me to change my rusty wave 125.

I thought only the rural peasants bought Honda Cubs! whistling.gif

I read online that there are TONS of ways to customize the PCX.... Is this also true with the SH? Also, its always very easy to spot a PCX in the crowd... Is it the same with the SH?

I thought only the rural peasants bought Honda Cubs! whistling.gif

so, count me as one if that is the caselaugh.png

I would love to get myself a cub, planning on selling my dream and getting one as a DD. Slap on a modified Honda nice engine, cut the back fender, put on a larger rear, drop it flush, remove he front shields or slice em down, and swap out the handle bars.

like:

C70_001.jpeg

tumblr_lswtvig3bR1qhp3r4o1_500.jpgron_c90_DSCN0284.JPGcraze1.jpg

or

super-cub.jpg

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

A Forza is about as much as a used ER6-N

For Bang for buck, the PCX or a used CBR250 would be a great deal

On the subject of bang for buck does anyone know the actual list price for the PCX? The Pattaya dealers (mainly Mityon) all seem to agree on 75500, (78500 for matt Black) but I suspect that is probably a local cartel price.

Well forza is much more expensive than a pcx 150. I would get a 250 bike:) or add a bit more and 500. FOrza is good as a Thailaw said, you must not forget that forza also got a much bigger tank. A lot of scooters with 3-4 liters tanks around here which is a pain in the ass to stop and fill in. Specially if you plan to travel a bit and there are no gas stations around that could be a big winner. I rented Forza for one day in Phuket and loved it:) If it was a bit cheaper I would seriously consider it.

On the subject of bang for buck does anyone know the actual list price for the PCX? The Pattaya dealers (mainly Mityon) all seem to agree on 75500, (78500 for matt Black) but I suspect that is probably a local cartel price.

Go out to Bowin. Ride up 331 till you get to a Honda shop on the left, at an intersection with traffic lights. There you will get a better deal on a PCX150. I know I did!

Go out to Bowin. Ride up 331 till you get to a Honda shop on the left, at an intersection with traffic lights. There you will get a better deal on a PCX150. I know I did!

Might be worth a trip. How good was the good deal? What was the basic price?

• 2 months later...

I have the SH150i, purchased in Thailand. There are many of these available. Ramkhamhaeng Rd. down from, and opposite Food Land. 99K baht including insurance. I have a 8 month old Nouvo SX which I love, but the SH150i blows it away because of it's large size. (much bigger than the PCX150) 3.5 inch front wheel travel, and 3.25 inch rear. Rear disc brakes, free box, and windshield, key remote disabler, etc.............

Love it,

OBTW The Nouvo SX 1,700 kilometers, and loaded with extra's including YSS shocks, Alarm, Michelins,etc.......... is for sale.

• 3 weeks later...

Is that the original seat just modified? Or is it a completely new seat? I ended up getting a pcx as well and im 6'4... mostly legs. Im really cramped. Im located in chiang mai as well, where did u get that done? How much? Thanks.

Sent from my GT-I9500

If the OP is 6'4 (like me) and 82 kg (exactly the same as me!!!) he'll find the awful hump in the PCX seat gets in the way, and your knees touch the handlebars when steering - plus it looks like an old man's bike (except the matt black version which looks pretty cool IMHO). For town, I'd say the Nuvo SX 125 (they don't make the Elegance any more) is the next best thing, or even a Suzuki Hayate. I've had both and no problem with knees/size on either.

Forza - good for long distance but it looks terrible, and a rip-off at that price - if it'd come out at 110-120k it would have been a reasonabe price - but when you think you can buy a CBR 250 for 60k less than that thing!

I have the SH150i, purchased in Thailand. There are many of these available. Ramkhamhaeng Rd. down from, and opposite Food Land. 99K baht including insurance. I have a 8 month old Nouvo SX which I love, but the SH150i blows it away because of it's large size. (much bigger than the PCX150) 3.5 inch front wheel travel, and 3.25 inch rear. Rear disc brakes, free box, and windshield, key remote disabler, etc.............

Love it,

OBTW The Nouvo SX 1,700 kilometers, and loaded with extra's including YSS shocks, Alarm, Michelins,etc.......... is for sale.

I didn't realise they were available in Thailand.....nice bike (especially in black) - might consider this when I upgrade the scooter next year. Next purchase is a CBR 500 though (to upgrade the 250). :-)

Check this one out: http://www.honda.co.uk/motorcycles/scooters/#!/sh300i/

They do an SH300 in the UK! wow, that baby must really move....

Love it,

I didn't realise they were available in Thailand.....nice bike (especially in black) - might consider this when I upgrade the scooter next year. Next purchase is a CBR 500 though (to upgrade the 250). :-)

Check this one out: http://www.honda.co.uk/motorcycles/scooters/#!/sh300i/

They do an SH300 in the UK! wow, that baby must really move....

It is made in Atessa, Italy. The only Honda motorcycle factory in Europe.

Edited by paz

SH 300 was the best selling scooter in Italy for years. In 2011 it out sold the SH150 two to one! PCX 125 three to one!

If sales of the SH150 are small do not hold your breath for the SH 300 ever coming here! Sad but true.

Maybe if a scrap Forza was to turn up one could build an SH300!

Edited by VocalNeal