It's Dry!

Thailand

I live 70km's from Chaingmai towards Lampang and we have been getting rain just about every evening for the last 2 weeks. It only last's 45min to a hour but at the end of a long hot day it really cools things down and couldn't be more welcome.

I live 70km's from Chaingmai towards Lampang and we have been getting rain just about every evening for the last 2 weeks. It only last's 45min to a hour but at the end of a long hot day it really cools things down and couldn't be more welcome.

Interesting.

We get the clouds and the thunder but very little rain at all and continues to be the longest ,hottest,dryish spell that we have had in all the years I have been here.

Dry in Mae taeng this past 10 days they closed the dam to save for a potentially drier month, farmers are getting annoyed as cant pump water, we need a good week of heavy rain to filter down from the mountains too.

love that graph!

well. I'm 18km north of CM city, and we often have thunder, but so far not a lot of rain. A good heavy shower yesterday evening, all of 15 minutes.

Averages

probability_of_precipitation_at_some_poi

May this year - 112mm

Historical Average - 163mm

Your (copied) graph doesn't match the results here in the Mae Hong Son area at all. There was nearly no rain and a few times only "five drops"; early in the morning no water clouds visible in front of the mountains in the background, as normal in the rainy season. Therefore I checked your link. I cannot see any results for 2013 -->

Average Weather For Chiang Mai, Thailand Location

This report describes the typical weather at the Chiang Mai International Airport (Chiang Mai,

Thailand) weather station over the course of an average year. It is based on the historical records from 1974 to 2012.

Earlier records are either unavailable or unreliable. .......

The (missing) headline for your graph is:

Precipitation

The probability that precipitation will be observed at this location varies throughout the year. Precipitation is most likely around August 18, occurring in 74% of days. Precipitation is least likely around January 17, occurring in 5% of days.

Probability of Precipitation at Some Point in the Day --> (your graph)

Your (copied) graph doesn't match the results here in the Mae Hong Son area at all. There was nearly no rain and a few times only "five drops"; early in the morning no water clouds visible in front of the mountains in the background, as normal in the rainy season. Therefore I checked your link. I cannot see any results for 2013 -->

Average Weather For Chiang Mai, Thailand Location

This report describes the typical weather at the Chiang Mai International Airport (Chiang Mai,

Thailand) weather station over the course of an average year. It is based on the historical records from 1974 to 2012.

Earlier records are either unavailable or unreliable. .......

The (missing) headline for your graph is:

Precipitation

The probability that precipitation will be observed at this location varies throughout the year. Precipitation is most likely around August 18, occurring in 74% of days. Precipitation is least likely around January 17, occurring in 5% of days.

Probability of Precipitation at Some Point in the Day --> (your graph)

Missing headline? - It's in the link as you have now read it and the point of having the link besides sourcing. Anyone who wanted further details just needed to follow the link. Not sussed to try and find stats for all 25 districts of Chiang Mai which is probably not available anyway.

The key numbers as it relates to this topic are at the bottom of my post. Just in case you missed them.

May this year - 112mm

Historical Average - 163mm

Interesting.

We get the clouds and the thunder but very little rain at all and continues to be the longest ,hottest,dryish spell that we have had in all the years I have been here.

I sort of agree. Near Thapae Gate we are getting very little rain. It mostly sprinkes from time to time. I don't think that it is unusually hot. It is almost always miserable at this time of year, but the small amount of rain is making it seem more humid which is even more uncomfortable than the heat.

Edited by Ulysses G.