Nationwide Bs Login Page Problem

rayinkrabi

I haven't been able to get onto the Nationwide Building Society login page for a week now, any one know if they have a problem? all very strange as I've never had this in the many years I've been using it and can still access all and any other websites with ease.

Its been reported in the UK media that Nationwide have had a few computer problems with their internet banking. l logged in on Tuesday and it was ok and will try again later today and will let you know of any problems

• Like 1

Many thx Techno. I read that the nationwide had problems last month but reportedly fixed it within hours, their website now says all is well and working..I have of course double checked my pc settings but doesn't make sense as nothing has changed on my pc since I last logged in.

Many thx Techno. I read that the nationwide had problems last month but reportedly fixed it within hours, their website now says all is well and working..I have of course double checked my pc settings but doesn't make sense as nothing has changed on my pc since I last logged in.

Have you cleared your browser history, cache, settings, etc?

If not then the simplest way to do this is install CCleaner and run it (close all of your browsers before running).

Being that you are describing a secure log-in system behind https this might not make a difference, but I would not discount local cache-ing issues and it will give you more confidence that you are not having a local issue. My wife has a Nationwide account and we have had problems ever since they moved to the card reader security system having reset the password (by post) 3 times since the change.

All sorted, hats off to Nationwide who replied within the promised 48 hrs with a lengthy but clear list of solutions. Turned out it was a simple matter of switching from internet explorer to Google Chrome.

This will teach me not to jump to the wrong conclusion again simply because everything else seemed ok, so I assumed the problem was at their end. Don't think I'll bother with explorer anymore and will stick with Chrome.

Thanks all for your input.