Where I Can Buy High Quality Saffron Online?

Hello!

Can someone explain me what kind of saffron exists and where I can order them, i found one shop in Bangkok send by post office but only the brand American saffron, on cookery forums I read this is low quality only color same and feast less!

Most. Bags on markets are badly sealed!

So where I can buy high quality saffron online, what is regular

Price?

I used to shop at this company when I lived in the states. I've wanted to buy things online but the shipping fee is very expensive. I just wait until I go home and bring assorted things back.

This will give you an idea of what you are looking for- Spain has the best saffron--this is in a bottle 1 gm size as it's expensive. http://www.williams-sonoma.com/products/saffron/

Now if you just want the color-NOT the FLAVOR-you can use a little tumeric.

You know you might try Little India section of Bangkok. Saffron is used in Indian food.

I used to shop at this company when I lived in the states. I've wanted to buy things online but the shipping fee is very expensive. I just wait until I go home and bring assorted things back.

This will give you an idea of what you are looking for- Spain has the best saffron--this is in a bottle 1 gm size as it's expensive. http://www.williams-sonoma.com/products/saffron/

Now if you just want the color-NOT the FLAVOR-you can use a little tumeric.

You know you might try Little India section of Bangkok. Saffron is used in Indian food.

I think the Little India recommendation is a good one. I get excellent quality saffron from an Indian spice seller in Chiang Mai. As for where the best saffron comes from, the sources I've read say the best comes from Iran or Kashmir. But many years ago the NY Times did a comparison and they judged the best one to be from the USA where very little is grown. Who knows? Anyway, there's a lot of fraud in the saffron market so if you find a good seller, stick with them. I did see that The Hang Dong Makro had Spanish saffron in stock. I looked on ebay. Very little in the way of culinary saffron. Mostly diet pills containing saffron extract. I used to get great Persian saffron from Kalustyan's in New York. They are online.