Thai Passport Office To Open In Pattaya June 3

Rimmer

Anyone have any tips on getting a baby passport quickly. Our son was born after the offices closed and we are due to fly to Singapore next Saturday.

Wife was in the queue early this morning and still has not been given an appointment until Monday next week. Chance of getting the passport back before Saturday are like zero I would say.

We have tried paying to go up the queue but they are taking names of everyone in the list so no chance of that. There must be a process for special cases if anyone has any ideas would be appreciated.

bit of a queue, went past at about 2:30am and there's about 30 people already waiting for it to open at 8:30am. seems a few Thais are desperate to leave, corruption isnt too popular they tell me

wow.. are you serious? there was a queue at 230am for the passport office?

bit of a queue, went past at about 2:30am and there's about 30 people already waiting for it to open at 8:30am. seems a few Thais are desperate to leave, corruption isnt too popular they tell me

yep there sure was

• 1 month later...

Anyone have any updates on the pattaya office, is it still chaos?

It's not chaos if you proceed as they recommend : get an appointment.

We had a very different experience yesterday, we went in around 1pm and we were told that the earliest appointment they could give us was for 22nd April !

They also said that the office will then close permanently on 24th April and thereafter all applications will need to go to BKK.

At least, the above is how my GF translated the discussion to me and she is often sheepish in the face of officialdom, should I have a revisit do you think because we really need to get her passport renewed ASAP..

No idea what happened there. Turned up yesterday at 1100 to see if we could book an appointment, they said don't bother and gave us a queue number and told us to come back before 1400.

Arrived early at 1300 and were seen just after 1400, the process itself took just 15 minutes.

It's a shame if they do close it as it was so convenient.

Edited by TexasRanger

• 1 month later...

I should have updated this thread before now, so we went back the week after our first visit and got there early, around 7.30am, it was pretty busy.

Staff were outside handing out numbered tickets, we got a number allocated and were told that we would be called in, in sequence after the office opened at 8am to be given an appointment time.

We got in around 8.20am and was given an appointment for 2pm, arrived ahead of schedule in the afternoon and left around 2.30pm, all pretty efficient.

The passport duly arrived the following week.

Apparently they have an allocated number of appointments per day and arriving around 7.30am had us get the 4th last for that day, so maybe an earlier arrival time might be wise to be sure for same day service.

If the office has now closed however then the above is not relevant!

I should have updated this thread before now, so we went back the week after our first visit and got there early, around 7.30am, it was pretty busy.

Staff were outside handing out numbered tickets, we got a number allocated and were told that we would be called in, in sequence after the office opened at 8am to be given an appointment time.

We got in around 8.20am and was given an appointment for 2pm, arrived ahead of schedule in the afternoon and left around 2.30pm, all pretty efficient.

The passport duly arrived the following week.

Apparently they have an allocated number of appointments per day and arriving around 7.30am had us get the 4th last for that day, so maybe an earlier arrival time might be wise to be sure for same day service.

If the office has now closed however then the above is not relevant!

Glad you got it sorted out, thanks for the update.

Sent from my SM-T210R using Tapatalk

Wish Brit passports cost that

you get what you pay for,.........where can you go on a thai p-port ? loas , cambodia , china maybe ?

My Thai GF got a passport so we could visit Hong Kong a few years ago. What's wrong with visiting Laos, Cambodia & China anyway? I'd love to visit other ASEAN countries with my GF; though she misses Thailand if she's away for 24 hours or more. She recently went to Laos (only just across the river bridge & only for one day) but couldn't get back to Thailand quick enough.