Positive Experience With English-Speaking Thai Chiang Mai Real-Estate Agent

orang37

Sawasdee Khrup, TV CM friends,

It is always a pleasure to pass on a positive experience with a local Thai person in their professional capacity, when they are really helpful ! I've shared, here, before, resources I've discovered in Chiang Mai, information on medical care, doctors, automobile repair, air-conditioner repair, etc., and have found resources through other people here sharing their positive experiences with local professionals. Please note that (now) I have no formal "business relationship" with the person I am recommending here ... but, if I were buying, or selling, a house, or owned a condo and wanted to sell it or rent it: I most definitely would.

Khun Lott is a mature Thai woman who has lived in Texas in the U.S. for many years; her American husband, and grown children, are there. She's back here in Chiang Mai, for an extended stay, to take care of her aged parents. She speaks perfect English, with a delightful Texas accent smile.png

I met her when she came to put a "for sale" sign (surprise, my landlady, now living in Phuket, didn't tell me) on the house I now rent. She has been most kind in both helping me define my strategy for finding a new place to live when the house I'm in now is sold, and making sure that I and my landlady are "in synch" about all possible issues that may come up when I have to move ... between land-line quality issues, my landlady's English, and my Thai, and my radiation-damaged voice, we sometimes cannot quite communicate over the telephone about really complex issues.

If you'd like contact information for Khun Lott, please just PM me.

I am going to encourage Khun Lott to become a member here; if she becomes a member, I am told, it would be okay for her to put a phone-number in her profile.

~o:37;

What company ?

Sawasdee Khrup, Khun Alfie,

She has her own company, I believe; please PM me for contact details. I was told I should not post company-name, e-mail, or telephone number, on the forum, since she's not a TV sponsor.

What company ?

Sawasdee Khrup, Khun Alfie,

Khun Lott responded to my e-mail query, and she told me that she has just completed the paperwork that establishes her own Thai company.

So, she is, at present, an independent real-estate agent; and, since she has both Thai and American citizenship, she is, of course, operating in a completely legal way in Thailand, and she is a licensed real-estate agent in Texas.

Edited by orang37

So your recommendation is of her putting up a for Sale sign on your property and that she was nice to you hmmm I prefer a recommendation to be from someone who has done business with someone successfully, you dont know her from Adam and are pushing her on others with your reccommendation of her putting a for sale sign in your yard. LOL

Edited by DiamondKing

So your recommendation is of her putting up a for Sale sign on your property and that she was nice to you hmmm I prefer a recommendation to be from someone who has done business with someone successfully, you dont know her from Adam and are pushing her on others with your reccommendation of her putting a for sale sign in your yard. LOL

Come on now DK..... I suggest that you give Kn Orang 37 the benefit of doubt..... We all know that he is a very intelligent person and has been around for quite a few years...... I would humbly submit that Kn Orang37 knows the Kn Lott is female and that Kn Adam was male..... The bent of the leaf would be a sure give-a-way

whistling.gif

• Like 1

she is a licensed real-estate agent in Texas.

No more said

That is what I was thinking too. Getting a real estate license in the USA is an extremely difficult procedure which requires endless studies and the passing of numerous state exams. I have seen friends do it and it is very difficult. Once (and if) they pass, they are more qualified than any real estate agent in Thailand.

• Like 1

Do you need any type of licence in Thailand to be a Realtor or a estate agent?

I often run across foreigners that claim to be, and they never strike me as having any real experience in the field. To me many of them seem to be on par with some of the foreigners that claim to be teachers.

Although I'm sure there are many that are on the level.

Thanks Orang37 for the recommendation. I for one appreciate a personal vote of confidence like yours.

There are more than enough agencies with fancy marketing gimmicks and promises they cannot keep. I would rather work with a one-woman outfit where I deal directly with the boss. I know what it's like to run a sole proprietorship, offering the best services but lose out to big companies who trot out gresh grads with no experience, under-quote to kill competitors. I often ended up helping out clients who had been badly let down by said big firms.

I am happy to give Khun Lott a chance and I believe I can figure out if an agent is just a smooth talker who cannot deliver. Thanks again.

• Like 1