Lamborghini Crash Survivor: Amulet Saved My Life

webfact

• Replies 320
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I looked up the Thai for 'aquaplaning" turns out its "mai khao jai"

Nooooooooo, he had the ''I am a nummnut driver'' gizmo switched off.

Do they make electronic driving aids capable enough of coping with Thai driving skills?

Yeh, it's called a Robot. smile.png

Lamborghini Aventador price in USA and UK - 11,000,000 baht

Lamborghini Aventador price in Thailand - 34,000,000 baht.

Shame the amulet doesnt protect the brain from being ripped off.

The joys of import duty (I do wonder how they get away with that level of import duty as a member of the WTO), and not allowing the import of used cars.

The owners make a lot of it back when they sell. i.e. For what you get when you sell a 4 year old BMW here, you can get a brand new one in the UK, and have money left over.

Many don't, and instead buy them in Malaysia and then transport/ship them in in smaller pieces, engine and body separated etc. for much less in envelopes and handshakes.

Remember those Thais that have 8 figures of baht to spent on a toy will know people, and be able to easily buy those they don't. smile.png

Really? Strange because car prices in Malaysia for foreign cars are as equally prohibitive to Thailand. And all just to keep Proton in business.

Seems strange that someone would buy a car in Malaysia for the same price as Thailand, cut it up, smuggle it into Thailand illegally, bribe officials in the process and then have some backstreet mechanic try to put it together again and then if they manage to do that you have to drive it around Thailand illegally as it wont have gone through the correct import channels.

Seems far more logical just to pop down to your local showroom and pick one up in one piece with a manufacturer 3 year warranty.

Not only that but taking but the engine isnt going to make the dimensions of the chassis any smaller as the engine fits in it.

Different ways, same outcome:

Lamborghini smuggling Malaysia to Thailand news report

Price this car in Thailand is over 50% more expensive than in Malaysia, not sure where you're getting your info.

link

From websites with car prices

Malaysia - http://www.carsifu.my/cars/lamborghini?page=2

2011 Gallardo - RM 1,499,999 = 14,725,000 baht.

Thailand - http://www.one2car.com/search/search_result.aspx?Brand=B0059&Model=S0705&

2012 Gallardo - 15,500,000 baht

Thats only 5.2% for a car that should be more expensive anyway as its a convertible and one year newer.

nice smack up - little slippery out there on that road in the rain eh? am pretty sure the Lambo is capable of some pretty hi speed accident protection for hitting a couple of poles after stepping on the gas and doing a 360 or whatever this guy did...never driven one but I have had the pleasure of doing a 360 in the rain one night here...

"amulet saved my life"... what a crock...one of our pick up truck drivers had a left front tire blow out on the chonburi hwy a few years ago.... did 2 360's - bounced off 4 cars, hit a noodle stand, house - finally came to rest in a cement pole.... then the engine caught on fire and he had to climb out thru the window....burnt the whole engine and the inside of the cab .... nobody hurt during this whole scene..... and he swore an amulet he wore saved him.... i kinda went with THAT story... have pictures of the old Nissan M pick up .... looked a lot worse than this lambo 5 5 5

before to buy such car I would advise to LEARN how to drive ..not to mention he was probably not driving low speed. I dont understand those people here , get a brain and then a proper driving license. A managing director who believe in his amulets ..... I thought I have red everything .

Yes, don't mention "he was probably not driving low speed". If you did that would be unwarranted speculation on your part. Oh, yes, you already did it.

You also seem to know that he didn't have "a proper driving licence". where did you get that information from?

The CEO would have been better of taking driving lessons than buying an amulet.. it looks like he managed to crash on a straight road...skill biggrin.png

Sent from my i-mobile i-STYLE Q6

Isn't it odd that accidents never happen, ever, on straight roads?

Did you consider that maybe something happened that caused him to turn the steering wheel?

Money folk buy these things and have NO IDEA what it ''takes'' to drive them. FACT. coffee1.gif

You're right.

It's amazing, however, how all the others members of the ThaiVisa Expert Drivers Club are having a go at the driver of this car when they themselves have no knowledge of the potential difficulties of driving a car that has the level of torque that this one has in the conditions at the time.

Money folk buy these things and have NO IDEA what it ''takes'' to drive them. FACT. coffee1.gif

You're right.

It's amazing, however, how all the others members of the ThaiVisa Expert Drivers Club are having a go at the driver of this car when they themselves have no knowledge of the potential difficulties of driving a car that has the level of torque that this one has in the conditions at the time.

Well at least it wasn't a convertible with the roof down in the rain.

I never realized CEO's in Thailand had salary's allowing them to buy a 37 million baht car, plus insurance and rego, so easily over 40 million.

I know a guy personally he is department manager at a Chonbury plastic car-accessories factory and earning 250.000b a month.

I never realized CEO's in Thailand had salary's allowing them to buy a 37 million baht car, plus insurance and rego, so easily over 40 million.

I know a guy personally he is department manager at a Chonbury plastic car-accessories factory and earning 250.000b a month.

250k a month doesn't get close to affording a 1mn dollar car.

I would wager as MD, he is part of family management.

I've walked away from wrecks worse than that without a scratch in a lesser car and with an amulet...

On another point. Why do I have this sick feeling about the cost of living these days... I am starting to think that the sole reason for inflation is none other than CEO's are just not happy driving a Merc or a Range Rover any more they have to have these f**king cars.

Because they can. Why Not.?.The Men that build them get Work.

Because they can at who's cost? when does a desire for a luxury life become selfish and greedy... how many cars diamond studded amulets and homes does any man need .. the men that run big companies , countries could also show some loyalty and respect to the rest of human kind...if they wanted....

What makes you think (apart from your envy) that this man has more than one car, amulet or house? Maybe he has, maybe he hasn't but if he earned his own money why shouldn't he be allowed to spend it as he chooses?

Perhaps he does show "loyalty and respect' (what?) to the rest of humankind but just forgot to inform you about it.

Maybe you could give an indication of how you show your respect to those less fortunate than yourself and that would help us all to be better people.

• Like 1

Yeah well, a Lamborghini is forgiving driving flaws but no character flaw.

If you don't know that these supercars with extra wide tires have a problem in the rain, you should perhaps use your Vios instead.

And what a load of cr*** ! The amulet saved his live? How about the structure of the car? The built in safety cell and the air-bag?

Seriously, this kind of people should not drive this kind of cars.

'Crash Survivor: Amulet Saved My Life'

supposed this is true ... how about the millions of other amulets they wear ? are they fake, or just too cheap ?

You always get what you pay for.

By the way, have an amulet for sale for a whooping 10 million Baht. Don't be a cheapskate and gamble with your life. shock1.gif

"He said he was wearing Great Garuda amulet, surrounded by tiny diamonds,at the time of the accident, which he believed contributed to his miraculous survival."

How about trading in one of those tiny diamonds for a set of rain tires so next time the Lambo survives as well? w00t.gif

What are "rain tyres".

"He said he was wearing Great Garuda amulet, surrounded by tiny diamonds,at the time of the accident, which he believed contributed to his miraculous survival."

How about trading in one of those tiny diamonds for a set of rain tires so next time the Lambo survives as well? w00t.gif

What are "rain tyres".

The ones with a tighter griprolleyes.gif made specially for driving in rainw00t.gif

34 million baht, guess the insurance company is looking for someone to repair, must be cheaper to repair here.? than scrap

Looks like rain, guess greasy and slipery

No way that cost 34 Million Thb ! Looks like it's a Gallardo 550/2010 Model @175kUSD which is approx 5.5 Million Thb...........

It's an Aventador and you clearly know nothing about Thai import duties!

• Like 2

Tom Waits – Hang On St. Christopher

Hang on st. christopher through the smoke

and the oil

Buckle down the rumble seat

let the radiator boil

got an overhead downshift

and a two dollar grill

got an 85 cabin

on an 85 hill

Hang on st. christopher on the passenger side

open it up tonight the devil can ride

hang on st. christopher with a barrel house dog

kick me up mt. baldy

throw me out in the fog

tear a hole in the jack pot

drive a stake through his heart

do a 100 on the grapevine

do a jump on the start

hang on st. christopher now don't let me go

get me to reno and bring it in low, yeah

hang on st. christopher with the hammer to the floor

put a hi ball in the crank case

nail a crow to the door

get a bottle for the jockey

gimme a 294

there's a 750 norton bustin down january's door

hang on st. christopher on the passenger side

hang on st. christopher now don't let me go

get to me reno got to bring it in low

put my baby on the flat car

got to burn down the caboose

get 'em all jacked up on whiskey

then we'll turn the mad dog loose

hang on st. christopher on the passenger side

Guarantee you nobody read that.

• Like 1

If you go and see the driving practical test it is a joke.

I saw a girl who clearly failed her mtorbike practicle being given a license.

No wonder they have accidents and dont understand the term defensive driving. They think they own the road.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

What are "rain tyres".

The ones with a tighter griprolleyes.gif made specially for driving in rainw00t.gif

Not for the road, they're not.w00t.gif Track tyres maybe.rolleyes.gif

• Like 1

My God, such jealousy.A rich man has a car..and crashes it. Whooopeee

Thou shalt not covet thy neighbour's house, thou shalt not covet thy neighbour's wife, nor his manservant, nor his maidservant, nor his ox, nor his ass, nor any thing that is thy neighbour's.

No problem about the Lambo then. Probably It was still the property of the finance company.

What are "rain tyres".

Not for the road, they're not.w00t.gif Track tyres maybe.rolleyes.gif

Google is your friendthumbsup.gif