How To Embarrass Checkout Staff Messing Around With One Customer.

thaibeachlovers

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I tell them "jep shee shee" and they lose face and check you out much faster.

Jep chii. Actually you would lose by saying the equivalent of I need to go pee pees. Something like 'check out, dai mai?' would be more suited, or the face loss approach for both parties would be a loud H E L L O!

• Like 1

So to embarrass a check out person you tell them it hurts when you take a piss? (in baby speak no less)
With all due respect, you sound like the 'friend' in front. Some of the people behind may be on their 20 minute break between 2 7 hour shifts but so what, who cares.

Works every time. I am not Thai, so why the hell would I lose face over a silly 7 year old language skill? I actually bend my knees while saying it. All you politically correct folks here (kwai?) need to lighten up a bit.

I think you'll find that political correctness has nothing to do with many of my responses on this thread, or anywhere on thai visa...

• Like 2

So to embarrass a check out person you tell them it hurts when you take a piss? (in baby speak no less)
With all due respect, you sound like the 'friend' in front. Some of the people behind may be on their 20 minute break between 2 7 hour shifts but so what, who cares.
Not really sure what you mean.

If the girl was really ignoring him in a rude manner, then that is fine and I have no problem with him trying to call her out for it. If she was on her break too, then fine. But there would have been a 'please use the next counter' sign there too.

But one of the suggestions was to embarrass her by implying you have the clap in baby speak. I'm not sure that really is a good move.

So checkout staff still sitting at the checkout position eating thier lunch perhaps?

Whatever it takes for someone to do their job I will do even if it means I have to turn up in a chicken costume. If someone is chatting away to their friend instead of doing their job then you can be as certain as certain can be that using 'excuse me sir/ miss' is going to be as useful as a chocolate fireguard.

jep shee? Where the hell do these people learn "Thai"? Doesnt your Mrs correct you or is she happy to see you make a fool of yourself?

Would a direct translation of 'OMG, I'm touching cloth' work at all?
Entirely satisfactory. Trouble is I don't think Thai people are that embarrassed anyway, yesterday I was in a hospital waiting room, there was a guy and his very attractive female companion waiting also. She disappeared to the toilet for 15 mins then came back and stood talking too him, he told her to sit and she said (not quietly) my bum hurts. Wow! Not shy then?
  • Like 1

So checkout staff still sitting at the checkout position eating thier lunch perhaps?Whatever it takes for someone to do their job I will do even if it means I have to turn up in a chicken costume. If someone is chatting away to their friend instead of doing their job then you can be as certain as certain can be that using 'excuse me sir/ miss' is going to be as useful as a chocolate fireguard.

One of those situations where I live I a different Thailand to you blokes, 'excuse me' works perfectly fine for me, and I suspect, many others.
Fair comment and I'm only a noob really at 14 years.

So checkout staff still sitting at the checkout position eating thier lunch perhaps?Whatever it takes for someone to do their job I will do even if it means I have to turn up in a chicken costume. If someone is chatting away to their friend instead of doing their job then you can be as certain as certain can be that using 'excuse me sir/ miss' is going to be as useful as a chocolate fireguard.

One of those situations where I live I a different Thailand to you blokes, 'excuse me' works perfectly fine for me, and I suspect, many others.
Fair comment and I'm only a noob really at 14 years.

Still haven't picked up your watch that works on local time?

Irritating as it is to all of us important people, social niceties make the world go 'round in Asia. Accept that and you may not even need that blood pressure medicine. I know my day goes better when I accept that my way ain't the only way.

So I'll be a minute later. At least I won't have to spend the rest of the day in my head constructing my rationalization for being rude to someone just living their life.

Edited by impulse
  • Like 2

Still haven't picked up your watch that works on local time?

Irritating as it is to all of us important people, social niceties make the world go 'round in Asia. Accept that and you may not even need that blood pressure medicine. I know my day goes better when I accept that my way ain't the only way.

So I'll be a minute later. At least I won't have to spend the rest of the day in my head constructing my rationalization for being rude to someone just living their life.

Doesn't bother me to be honest. I change my watch which will be 6-7 hours (UK) minus 30 years when I land and that's it.

Do you happen to hold shares in CP?

http://www.cpthailand.com/