Bb Guns - Pistols

jimmym40

According to what I read you have to have a permit even for an air gun . Thats even for a Thai person ......

That's correct.

BB guns seem still to be legal but many outlets have stopped selling them. I've seen them in the trash shops on beach Road, Pattaya.

There were several shops in Mae Sae that sold them. For real air guns that would kill rats cost about 9000 baht, but I didn't ask about the legality because I didn't want r need a gun that bad. The plastic pellet air guns were available in several shops but they have no practical value other than shooting targets and I doubt if they are very accurate.

BB guns are not accurate enough for worthwhile target shooting. The only use I found for mine was to give a sting to dogs coming onto our property. They would leave quickly but return later.

Cross the Narawhat bridge coming from Thai Pa Gate go to the second stop lite and turn left. There was a sign pointing down a street on the right hand side of the street before you get to the British Consulate. It was in such a position that you could not see it coming from the other direction.

It said BB guns and had an arrow pointing down the street. I never went to see what it was all about but I was curious.

Go to Seacom Square and there are about half a dozen shops upstairs selling bb guns/airguns and some paintball guns. A mate of mine had a shop there selling them but i haven't seen him for about six months so i don't know if he is still there.

Thanks all. I just need the bb gun to shoot at the pigeons and the barking dogs that come around the soi. I start looking for one and try to find the place "dolly" mentioned.

Please let us [or me by PM] if you do find a shop that sells them. What I would really like to find is a Binjamin pump air pistol that shoots lead pellets....very accurate and you can adjust the power by how many pumps. Great fun to plink cans. promise I won't kill anything with it.

Thanks all. I just need the bb gun to shoot at the pigeons and the barking dogs that come around the soi. I start looking for one and try to find the place "dolly" mentioned.

To shoot at dogs and pigeons?

"Compassion for animals is intimately connected with goodness of character; it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man"

Be careful about pellets going outside the boundary of your property.

If trying to get rid of birds, most Thais use these. Here is one of several sites that offer them to get an idea of pricing. Thailand Airsoft

SlingShot_L1.jpg

If you hit anything with that chances are you've practiced plenty...

This is the one you need to buy, anyone know where?

post-23543-0-05139600-1370176109_thumb.j

Pintball guns are generally set to 300 fps which is well under the legal limit for airguns in Thailand. However, if you are a good tinkerer you can adjust the fps up to the limit or....

After you have done this look for ball bearings sized to 68 cal., they will work well in the paintball gun and you will then have something to shoot targets with that will make big holes and go deep.

From Wikipedia.......

In Thailand, many stores will sell you Airsoft guns and supplies, but the law is a bit vague. Essentially as it stand now, the law is as follows: Paintball guns, BB guns and airsoft guns are not considered firearms, so it is legal to possess them without having a permit or registering them. However the owner must comply with the following conditions: • The gun hasn’t been modified to use CO2. • Only plastic bullets are used – no metal bullets or marbles may be fired. • When carrying the gun outside of the owner’s property it must be packed in a safe case or box. It is not allowed to be carried in shirt or trouser pockets, nor can it be left out in the open. • The gun can’t be used to commit a crime or torture animals. The gun becomes illegal if any of these rules are broken. This information was gathered from "Thailand Airsoft"[27] which is active in the Thai community to educate officials on their own laws.

The above was pretty much what was contained in a flyer given to me by the shop where I purchased an airsoft rifle a few months ago in Lampang. The link Tywais provided in an earlier post to Thailand Airsoft provides good information about pricing and what is available. The airsoft rifle I have will put a hole in an aluminium can up to 15m away using the plastic ball ammunition provided. Its not as powerful as BB guns using something like the .177 cal lead pellets, but it does the job it was purchased for

Cross the Narawhat bridge coming from Thai Pa Gate go to the second stop lite and turn left. There was a sign pointing down a street on the right hand side of the street before you get to the British Consulate. It was in such a position that you could not see it coming from the other direction.

It said BB guns and had an arrow pointing down the street. I never went to see what it was all about but I was curious.

Not sure if you actually found a shop there--I believe that the sign is pointing to an old area where they used to shoot BB guns--not 100% sure, but that's what I reckon.

Edited by haybilly

If trying to get rid of birds, most Thais use these. Here is one of several sites that offer them to get an idea of pricing. Thailand Airsoft

SlingShot_L1.jpg

If you hit anything with that chances are you've practiced plenty...

This is the one you need to buy, anyone know where?

As far as I know--that is the Diablo--I have one but the rubber has got 'Tropicalised'--the shops that sell/used to sell good quality Airsoft guns also, usually, stock these catapults--I was going to say that they work well with marbles/ball bearings but, having read the above, I should add, apparently they work well with, etc..

Not sure if you actually found a shop there--I believe that the sign is pointing to an old area where they used to shoot BB guns--not 100% sure, but that's what I reckon.

You may be rite I never followed it.

I was wondering what would be a proper way of handling Soi dogs on your property. Is there not a BB gun that will not harm them just sting them.

It would be better than hitting them with a rock or pepper spray.

BB guns are not accurate enough for worthwhile target shooting. The only use I found for mine was to give a sting to dogs coming onto our property. They would leave quickly but return later.

Really, they'd be back? Even following several hits? I'm surprised. I was thinking of this for the same purpose - dogs & cats.