New Or Used Laptop, 10K Baht Range

4evermaat

Looking to get a new spare laptop after the old macbook seems to be gone for good.

- Win7 is ok (or ability to revert to win 7)

- dual core ok

- Screen 13" or larger.

- Separate/dedicated graphics card preferred

Was wondering what name and models i should be looking at?

Also, which brand name is preferred here in thailand in terms of repairs/customer service/spare parts/etc? I would prefer not to have to travel to bangkok when i need a new adapter, etc.

Dell had horrible phone support in thailand and their web support had bugs....refusing to acknowledge the service tag #. the n5110 is pretty solid though.

Thanks in advance.

"The second best time to plant a tree is today" sent from TV android app (Galaxy Cooper).

nothing acceptable for this price, target 16k for integrated GPU with I5 or 20k for dedicated.

Actually, I was at a repair shop yesterday and the guy had tons of Acer and Asus laptops new for 10k-22k depending on the spec. intel i3 dual core (quad-thread) 3rd generation can be gotten 12-13k integrated graphics card or 14-16k with dedicated graphics card. I'm thinking Acer V3/V5 series, which comes with the 3rd gen i3 and 2 year local warranty, 1 year int'l and 1 year accident insurance. The E1 model is a little cheaper.

I have an i5-2410m (2nd gen) with what I thought was 4 cores but I now see it is 2 cores / 4 threads....but it shows up as 4 cores in windows device manager properties. I'm not sure if the speedboost is worth the extra cash unless the rest of the machine specs were there. SSD drive would give you a speed improvement, and the price has come down considerably.

This is with linux/no windows pre-installed from the factory. Pay extra for this if you do not already have your own license.

Acer have many service shops. My 8 year old one is my backup/spare.

The repair guy was telling me about how Acer is easy to repair in thailand and there was a major repair center in almost every province. Dell was good IF you are in warranty. Once the warranty is finished, som nam na.