What Have You Done To The Pizza? Oh Mamma Mia!

bluweyze

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

so was it a new mozzarella or cheeseless pizza told by the staff as claimed by ts? it still doesnt add up

on a note, ts should clear up if he was bullshlting about the pizza without cheese. great difference between different mozerella and a pizza without cheese

on the other hand if he was indeed served a pizza without cheese, i think the owner really own him one proper meal

damn . . pizza is serious business here

Hope this is not off-topic but...

The Pizza Company at Central Airport Plaza has really great pan pizza at a very reasonable price?

Even the 199 baht size was more than two of us could eat... and delicious.

It was really more than two of you could eat?

Nah.......c'mon you're kidding right?.........Really?

No, not kidding. We had to take half of it home.

My gawd, their pan pizza is about an inch thick.

You should go try it. I loved the veggie pizza.

Fabulous.

Sounds like a loaf of bread with toppings !, not for me the thinner the better,want to taste the toppings,not bread. but the wife likes thick pan pizza,but I feel thats just because she feels she getting more for her money.regards Worgeordie

The Pizza Company at Central Airport Plaza has really great pan pizza at a very reasonable price?

I believe it. Even half a slice would be more than I could eat of that vile stuff.

I believe it. Even half a slice would be more than I could eat of that vile stuff.

I used to hated it but then I think they have improved the thin crust recipe. It's chewy and flavorfull and the cheese crust is crispy on the outside and the inside soft. My number one is still De Stefano but I prefer pizza company than the Duke's.

Edited by ARISTIDE

Perhaps the cheese the supplier wanted to switch to was a more profitable chinese product, bulked up with vegetable oil or otherwise of a low quality. Maybe that would give it a yoghurt-like consistency when cooked.

I believe it was from a cheese maker in Hua Hin and if it is the one I am familiar with there he makes a pretty good product.

That seems to have nixed the substitute cheese theory then.

Love Pizza Company too

Pizza Co gets a lot of bad rap, but after going back to the US in TX, NYC, CA and HI.

Its not bad at all, and i actually like it over other pizzas...i use to think NY style pizza was better, but unless you can get a real one from Jackson Heights in NYC made from an Algerian...they still fall short. NY style pizzas even in NY arent the same as they use to be.

My second favorite are those Totinos Party Pizzas back in the US, tore many of those up as a kid.

That means you and your friend only managed 3 slices of what, a 10" pizza?

Yes... my wife had one slice and I had two and were full.

We both don't like to overeat. Not a good feeling at all.

I used to hated it but then I think they have improved the thin crust recipe. It's chewy and flavorfull and the cheese crust is crispy on the outside and the inside soft. My number one is still De Stefano but I prefer pizza company than the Duke's.

What vile stuff? The Pizza Company makes great pizza.

More fashion - It's "cool" to condemn big, successful restaurant chains.

I usually did not eat Pizza Hut in USA because there were much better ones available, but Pizza Hut/Pizza Company are better than most in Thailand. However, to me, they are not worth the price these days when we have the Duke's much more reasonable pizza in town.

If Pizza Hut would start carrying their New York crust - which is the norm at Pizza Huts in America - I would be more than willing to pay the higher price.

Edited by Ulysses G.

More fashion - It's "cool" to condemn big, successful restaurant chains.

I usually did not eat Pizza Hut in USA because there were much better ones available, but Pizza Hut/Pizza Company are better than most in Thailand. However, to me, they are not worth the price these days when we have the Duke's much more reasonable pizza in town.

If Pizza Hut would start carrying their New York crust - which is the norm at Pizza Huts in America - I would be more than willing to pay the higher price.

That is true. Duke's is cheaper than Pizza Co. and waaaaay better! We used get 2 for 1 coupons from the g/f's cousin and order thin crust Chicken pizza from the Pizza Co. and it wasn't too bad on a rainy night but the last time they delivered something that was horrible. We called to complain and say that they delivered pizza with the wrong crust. They told us they no longer offered thin crust but could not explain why. Never again!

A pizza without cheese is like a day without sunshine.

It's like a bar without beer.

Or a bar serving only Bud.......

I didn't realise Bud was beer!
It is not very good beer, but a good many of the UK sailors stationed in Faslane Scotland seemed to prefer Budweiser to the local brews. As an American sailor on liberty I thought it was pretty funny, as I ordered another fresh Guinness and watched the foaming head change into dark colored drink of pure goodness.
  • Like 1

Strange I always eat thin crust at Pizza co may be miscommunication?

They told us they no longer offered thin crust but could not explain why. Never again!

No the g/f called to complain and there was no miscommunication. The recipe has changed. She wanted the money back and pizzas sent back but instead the next day they dropped off coupons for 2 free pizzas. But the coupons have since expired or I would give them to you.wink.png

• Like 1

Interesting thread......Italian friend of mine says that crust is entirely a personal choice and thick or thin are both traditional. Them more goodies you put on, the more crust you need to hold it. He also told me(and I agree) that pizza is "salty", meaning it is about salty flavors and not pineapple! The cheese holds all the other toppings on the crust - so yoghurt or mayonnaise is far from traditional. I get the "pizza tipo" from Rim Ping and it makes excellent crust. As you can tell, I am serious about quality pizza and as for pizza being "unhealthy",licklips.gif that is a serious challenge to common sense. Overeating is unhealthy but my home made pizza contains no garbage food! I think, in the USA, the pepsi & coke are unhealthy. I've tried Duke's pizza and they aren't bad - at least they cook them correctly.

Wife & I love Mama Mia's & usually eat there 2-3 times per month.

Yes a week or so ago we went in & the Salami Pizza was a little different.

Joseph said he was trying a new low fat mozzarella.

I am glad he switched back because while low fat is healthier we all know we dont

eat or think of pizza as health food. smile.png

Also anyone who has had low fat cheese knows

it does not take heat or melt well which makes it seem overly creamy

which is why some posters probably thought it was cream or yogurt.

Anyway that aside I believe they are ( with their original mozz cheese )

the best pizza in Chiang Mai

Their crust is great & we always order a salad with the pizza as it comes with a basket of

crust pieces..Delicious!!

Salad is also very good & comes as a large bowl with the crust basket which is plenty for two people.

Total cost for Pizza, Salad & iced bottled water is like 230 baht ! Amazing & the best pizza in Chiang Mai IMHO

Not to mention Joe & his wife are super nice people.

Joe has lived in Chiang Mai for something like 20 years. They always make

us feel very welcome when we visit.

I wouldn't go as far as saying the "best in C.M." O.K. but nothing special.

Well of course taste is a personal thing but for us it is the Best in CM

If you know of anywhere that is better we would be glad to give them a try too.

We have tried Dukes, Koh Lanta but none have come close to Mama Mia

I use to work at a pizzeria decades ago where we flipped out own dough & the owner learned

in Italy as Joe at Mama Mia's did similar crust I would say

For me good crust has a certain smell & texture. Slightly salty taste hard to describe as I am not good

at describing food but I do know good when I taste it biggrin.png

But I should also add I eat the Salami Pizza at Mama Mia's

Edited by mania
  • Like 1

Well of course taste is a personal thing but for us it is the Best in CM

If you know of anywhere that is better we would be glad to give them a try too.

We have tried Dukes, Koh Lanta but none have come close to Mama Mia

I use to work at a pizzeria decades ago where we flipped out own dough & the owner learned

in Italy as Joe at Mama Mia's did similar crust I would say

For me good crust has a certain smell & texture. Slightly salty taste hard to describe as I am not good

at describing food but I do know good when I taste it biggrin.png

But I should also add I eat the Salami Pizza at Mama Mia's

My first restaurant I owned was a pizzeria in America where we made our own dough fresh daily (it helped that my partner's Dad did all baking for McDonald's in the East Coast when developing recipes as we were in are early 20's and had only managed places together before hand) which was similar crust which I call NY style (that is where most of the immigrants from Italy first arrived)

post-101742-0-32081500-1370495620_thumb.

Edited by junglechef
  • Like 2

I was there in the other day and found out the they still keep the 'new recipe' mozzarella around. So I order my pizza as an original cheese topping.

The pizza crust is good and chewy with flavor. The tiramitsu was not too bad. But she said if any customer request the healthy option they will be ready to do so.

post-131333-0-49788100-1370851560_thumb.

post-131333-0-09182200-1370851568_thumb.

• Like 1

I was there in the other day and found out the they still keep the 'new recipe' mozzarella around. So I order my pizza as an original cheese topping.

The pizza crust is good and chewy with flavor. The tiramitsu was not too bad. But she said if any customer request the healthy option they will be ready to do so.

attachicon.gif20130609_120352s.jpg

attachicon.gif20130609_122002.jpg

So, when you order a pizza it is essential to know (even if you are a stranger) that you must ask for a certain cheese topping?unsure.png

I've heard of ordering different crusts before, but never really considered the cheese.

Ah thanks for the heads up though.

Yeah I am usually too stuffed for desert but we did try that Tiramisu once & it was very good.

But I just dont have the room after a pizza & salad between my wife & I

Yes actually when I was ordering I had to insist that I don't want the 'new recipe' pizza!

So, when you order a pizza it is essential to know (even if you are a stranger) that you must ask for a certain cheese topping?unsure.png

I've heard of ordering different crusts before, but never really considered the cheese.

Yes actually when I was ordering I had to insist that I don't want the 'new recipe' pizza!

You had to INSIST that you didn't want the new recipe???

Sounds stranger every day.

• Like 1

Yes and she told me the new cheese from Hua Hin is not salty and also good for salad.

You had to INSIST that you didn't want the new recipe???

Sounds stranger every day.