Are Thais The Worst Drivers In The World?

the worst drivers in Thailand are the expats who after failing to adapt to conditions here spend their time criticising other road users. THey'd be a lot safer if they shut up and CONCENTRATED on driving.

Which conditions ? The statement you make is based on what ? Driving in thailand, if 1 can drive a car or motorbike, is good when you focus on driving itself. No concentration and you are gone. Do you look whilst driving wether its a white, brown, yellow or pink person driving in an other car ? So stop stupid ranting on expats. A <deleted> driving is a <deleted> regardless of race.

• Like 1

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What i have noticed is that Thai drivers don't have a sense of responsibility. Yes India, phils worse.

If the Thai DMV has a more strict procedure to issue a driving license it would be better.

I saw a girl failing her practical mortorbile test in Chiang Mai. Yet later she was in line for getting a license. Driving a vehicle puts the driver in a place that involves his own life and others. Thais dont know defensive driving but then again they are never thaught it.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

I have to agree about India and Indonesia also. The painted lines on the road are just for decoration. wink.png

I do like the fact that in Jakarta they use their horns and no one really cares tongue.png

thumbsup.gif

They just want to let you know they are nearby. biggrin.png

I know, I like that :)

The one big thai plague: tailgating. I saw again several examples of three to five cars, vans, SUV's following each other at 2 m distance at high speed on the fast lane... Still struggling to find a coherent reason for this behavior. Posted Image

American movies, video games!

Many Ferangs come here with their idea of Experience and Superiority over Thais. "Ive ad a Licence for 35 Years and never an accident". Hardly surprising .They only drive from the Factory back Home in a Fiesta .Plus one weeks Car Rental in Benidorm. Then they come here,buy a Clonky Truck,something they wouldn't be seen dead in on Wapping High Street.... Or Lisbon Flower Market in My Case.!.giggle.gif Then they Class all Thai Drivers as Idiots. Not On Guys..sad.png

One should NEVER say you have never had an accident, noooooooooooooo. It may come and bite you. Law of averages etc. smile.png

So you are suggesting that posting on a web site can increase your chance of an accident? - Kind of sums up your reasoning abilities?

however not having an "accident" is a statement that really needs a bit of thought.......

there really is no such thing as an "accident" - it is usually a combination of errors.....and despite the common perception it is NEVER entirely one person's fault - there are always other factors involved.

Many Ferangs come here with their idea of Experience and Superiority over Thais. "Ive ad a Licence for 35 Years and never an accident". Hardly surprising .They only drive from the Factory back Home in a Fiesta .Plus one weeks Car Rental in Benidorm. Then they come here,buy a Clonky Truck,something they wouldn't be seen dead in on Wapping High Street.... Or Lisbon Flower Market in My Case.!.giggle.gif Then they Class all Thai Drivers as Idiots. Not On Guys..sad.png

One should NEVER say you have never had an accident, noooooooooooooo. It may come and bite you. Law of averages etc. smile.png

So you are suggesting that posting on a web site can increase your chance of an accident? - Kind of sums up your reasoning abilities?

however not having an "accident" is a statement that really needs a bit of thought.......

there really is no such thing as an "accident" - it is usually a combination of errors.....and despite the common perception it is NEVER entirely one person's fault - there are always other factors involved.

So when my wife snagged her front bumper on a post while reversing and ripped it off, someone else was somehow involved? biggrin.png

What about the time when I was stopped at a red light (for over a minute), and a Camry driver piled straight into the back of me - I was partially to blame on the premise that if I wasn't there it wouldn't have happened? :P

Edited by IMHO

So when my wife snagged her front bumper on a post while reversing and ripped it off, someone else was somehow involved? biggrin.png

What about the time when I was stopped at a red light (for over a minute), and a Camry driver piled straight into the back of me - I was partially to blame on the premise that if I wasn't there it wouldn't have happened? tongue.png

Who stops at a red light anyway -> You are in fault :)

• Like 1

No way, Singaporeans are shocking drivers. Because the cost of cars and registration is so high, most have no experience with driving until they jump behind the wheel of their first car in their 30s-40s.

Replying to Are Thais The Worst Drivers In The World?

No.

Some farang's are me for one not long ago I was at a hotel in BKK Booking a room and when I came out I backed into a small brick wall that housed flower's and even with a camera and beeper's I went into it. Didn't cause to much damage I put it down to Thai peep's building it while I was in there, and not the fact that I was looking at some nice young ladies walking into the lobby as I backed up. We all make mistake's and this time no Thai was involved. Except the young ladies and they wern't even in a car.

Edited by fredob43
  • Like 1

Replying to Are Thais The Worst Drivers In The World?

No.

Some farang's are me for one not long ago I was at a hotel in BKK Booking a room and when I came out I backed into a small brick wall that housed flower's and even with a camera and beeper's I went into it. Didn't cause to much damage I put it down to Thai peep's building it while I was in there, and not the fact that I was looking at some nice young ladies walking into the lobby as I backed up. We all make mistake's and this time no Thai was involved. Except the young ladies and they wern't even in a car.

laugh.pnglaugh.pngbiggrin.pngthumbsup.gif

I think these guys are in the running for unbelievable.

And how much money do they control on this planet? Too much!

Is that an arm or leg that ends up on the street?

http://youtu.be/t2ZaNBhmq7g

I feel sorry for the spectators. Loads of videos show the same as they just get smashed by crashing cars. Good spectator sport if one survives until the next day.

"Saudi drifting driving".

edit: spelling

So the last guy in the car that came flying out must have been an Olympic games wanna be. He did the thriple somersault with the right twist your arm off at the end of the Corolla criss-cross and overturn many times.

You cannot seriously expect people who believe in god to be smart, can you ?

• Like 1

I think these guys are in the running for unbelievable.

And how much money do they control on this planet? Too much!

Is that an arm or leg that ends up on the street?

http://youtu.be/t2ZaNBhmq7g

I feel sorry for the spectators. Loads of videos show the same as they just get smashed by crashing cars. Good spectator sport if one survives until the next day.

"Saudi drifting driving".

edit: spelling

So the last guy in the car that came flying out must have been an Olympic games wanna be. He did the thriple somersault with the right twist your arm off at the end of the Corolla criss-cross and overturn many times.

You cannot seriously expect people who believe in god to be smart, can you ?

Should have put a seat belt on to keep them in the vehicle, airbags if they had them may of saved them.

Sadly people are unable to dsee that even an "extreme" case like ripping of a bumper although without any thought you might assume it was entirely your wife's fault....who taught her to drive?

who put the post there, who designed the car with poor visibility? Who shouted at her and got her confused or makes her uptight every time she gets in the car.

I have said before on many threads that road and traffic engineering are the main causes of accidents and the fact that people are distracted by adverts or whatever as they approach traffic lights will inevitably lead to some form of collision very now and then.

Now I would say that NEVER can you apply 100% of the blame to any one party.....you might place the MAJORITY of the blame.....it is clear though that many posters are not capable of thinking this through logically.

• Like 1

Sadly people are unable to dsee that even an "extreme" case like ripping of a bumper although without any thought you might assume it was entirely your wife's fault....who taught her to drive?

who put the post there, who designed the car with poor visibility? Who shouted at her and got her confused or makes her uptight every time she gets in the car.

I have said before on many threads that road and traffic engineering are the main causes of accidents and the fact that people are distracted by adverts or whatever as they approach traffic lights will inevitably lead to some form of collision very now and then.

Now I would say that NEVER can you apply 100% of the blame to any one party.....you might place the MAJORITY of the blame.....it is clear though that many posters are not capable of thinking this through logically.

Yeh, me for one. rolleyes.gif

• Like 2

If they aren't the worst, they are most inconsiderate drives

Sent from my ST18a using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Again, go and drive in more places in the world than back home and here, and come back online after that.

• Like 1

LOL, try visiting New Delhi, india then you will post a new thread about Indian driving. at least they don't honk here, in india on a busy road drive of 1 mile average car drivers honks about 30 to 35 times.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Like 1

Now the number of inane, banal and uninformed posts are beginning to build up.......

The thread started already with an uninformed post, so it was bound to go that way.

• Like 1

Patently the Thais are not the WORST...problem is, like in many other aspects , they mistakenly believe they are the BEST !

Yeah, but so do the Brits, and the Americans.. and even worse, the Aussie driving-zombies :D

• Like 1

If not the worst in the world, they are in the top 5 , no doubt about that .

So dozens of African countries have a higher standard of driving than Thailand? I have some doubt about that.

If not the worst in the world, they are in the top 5 , no doubt about that .

So dozens of African countries have a higher standard of driving than Thailand? I have some doubt about that.

Suit yourself buddy, if you wanna wrap yourself up in a veil of thai holiness, please feel free to do so . After 20 wonderful years in this country, I know better.