Alert: Thailand In General And Pattaya In Specific

h5n1

This is second hand knowledge as I am no rumor monger but here it is none the less. It applies in particular to Pattaya. This may be old news - I'm not in th erumour mill-

Immigration has a new computer system and they have tracked and located over 30 farang that have: unpaid bar bills and/or running (bar) businesses on the sly. Immigration offical seemed quite confident to clean out the rabble.

The usual suspects: Brittish men under 45 and Germans were also named per account.

**working may be one thing - but not paying your debts. that is criminal.

and to those doing this and ruing the reputation and good will of the authorities for the rest of us I would have sour words - but you already have shown you could care less. may you go monkey house long time.

and to those doing this and ruing the reputation and good will of the authorities for the rest of us I would have sour words - but you already have shown you could care less. may you go monkey house long time.

:o:D:D

Possible, but unlikely.

Immigration will be interested in overstayers.

Working without a permit is the remit of the Labour Dept.

Not paying bills is the ordinary police.

These three organisations are not renowned for co-operating. :o

Edited by astral

Does this mean the bar takes a copy of my passport before I order my Chang? :D

I wondered why Dave wanted my passport ! :o

How would Immigration even know if a farang had an unpaid bar-bill ?

ring. ring. ring. ring. ring. ring. ring. ring. ring.

(finally) "Pattaya Immigration Bureau".

bar owner: Yes, I would like to report an unpaid bar bill.

Immigration: Very well, we will record it in our computer. What is the name and nationality of the scouser, and how much does he/she owe ?

bar owner: I don't know his/her name, or nationality, but they owe 240 baht !!

Immigration: Very good. We will keep an eye out for him/her, and arrest him/her if he/she shows up at our office.

bar owner: Thank you.

Dave should know, is that how you report unpaid bar bills ? :D

not being a rumor monger .... but wow! I always thought a thrashing followed by a call to the police was what you got if you stiffed a bar! but would the OP please tell me where the bars are that are offering credit?

:o

(Kerryd Posted Today, 2006-03-28 13:22:49 )

What is the name and nationality of the scouser, and how much does he/she owe ?

I'm not a detective but could I suggest that the "perp" is a UK citizen and from the city of Liverpool. :o

Does this mean the bar takes a copy of my passport before I order my Chang? :D

I wondered why Dave wanted my passport ! :o

How would Immigration even know if a farang had an unpaid bar-bill ?

ring. ring. ring. ring. ring. ring. ring. ring. ring.

(finally) "Pattaya Immigration Bureau".

bar owner: Yes, I would like to report an unpaid bar bill.

Immigration: Very well, we will record it in our computer. What is the name and nationality of the scouser, and how much does he/she owe ?

bar owner: I don't know his/her name, or nationality, but they owe 240 baht !!

Immigration: Very good. We will keep an eye out for him/her, and arrest him/her if he/she shows up at our office.

bar owner: Thank you.

Dave should know, is that how you report unpaid bar bills ? :D

I have an outstanding bill at the moment from a mate of my partners, 5500bht and i'll certainly be tracking him down soon if he does'nt come and pay.

:D

My personal April's Fools Day project is to get as many girls as possible to email/SMS any overseas boyfriends/sponsors to tell them that they're pregant.

So Chan, if any of my X's call with news of being pregnant, I'll put it down to you.

no really - i was told this buy an old lady in her 70s, just back from immigration - so maybe the officer was just putting on a show for her. i never heard of anyone even running a tab in thailand personally.

but in all fairness and depite me wrankling some nerves on the board...

i always pay me debts (actually never have them)

and i dont make public scenes which is daily occurance in pattaya these days.

dave: i think the conversation would start something like: i have an unpaid bar bil from mr xxx from yyy. do you think you might help me recover this money for a donation.

IF true, im sure these are guys who have been about for awhile, not some punter ducking out on a tab for 4 changs.

Brilliant. :D

Now let's have a look at the calendar.... :D

My personal April's Fools Day project is to get as many girls as possible to email/SMS any overseas boyfriends/sponsors to tell them that they're pregant.

Uh nearly spit my tea out on that one........ :o

Uh nearly spit my tea out on that one........ :o

Uh nearly spit my tea out on that one........ :D

Me too

I havent seen her for a year..... :o

Must say this sounds a lot like a Thai urban myth!

Immigration chasing people because of unpaid bar bills - I don't think so boys and girls.

Running a tab in Thailand does happen a lot - maybe not in the Pattaya beer bars, but in BKK it does - depends how well you know the bar.

I've been doing that for years, but only at certain establishments where they know me, and know I will pay it - don't remember the last time I paid the bill at the end of the night at my regular haunt....