What Time Is It, In Chiang Mai?

Same as every other place in Thailand. You have a computer, it has a clock, bottom right corner. Odd question. By the time someone answers the time will have changed again.

attachicon.giftime.jpg

Not if they correctly predict when I will be looking at their post and adjust accordingly.

^^ ... Strange Tywais ... I always imagined you older more mature then that (in the video).

Maybe you have mastered time travel?

Speaking of Time Travel ... Matt Smith is leaving the role of Dr Who

Are you up to the job?

Word is that you have the stars in your eyes and an understand of the time/space continuum.

^^

Word is that you have the stars in your eyes and an understand of the time/space continuum.

My college study of Classical & Contemporary Metaphysics was in some ways an asset to my studying Physics and why my video above. It has an effect on one's perspective of things and doesn't lock you into a fixed viewpoint. A very good area to get truly 'outside the box'. Here's one theblether is sure to enjoy. biggrin.png

^^

My college study of Classical & Contemporary Metaphysics was in some ways an asset to my studying Physics and why my video above. It has an effect on one's perspective of things and doesn't lock you into a fixed viewpoint. A very good area to get truly 'outside the box'. Here's one theblether is sure to enjoy. biggrin.png

You know, I bet if you reverse the battery in the back of that clock, put the plus where it should not go,

Then you can get the clock hands to reverse direction and go counter clockwise.

But I do not wish to get off topic here so fast.

But I do not wish to get off topic here so fast.

There's a topic? smile.png

That is the beauty of this topic.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

That aesthetic usually fades with the time we are so precious about.

The same analogy could be made here.

Does anyone in Chiang Mai have an atomic clock they use frequently and/or what about a clock that is just tuned into the nearest atomic clock signal?

But do these radio clocks work in Chiang Mai?

How far does the nearest atomic clock signal travel before reaching CM City?

And has anyone noticed that the time provider (radio/computer/friend's mobile phone) they normally use to tell time in Chiang Mai is usually slow or fast?

GPS Clocks - Uses the worldwide GPS system on board atomic clock to sync wirelessly.

Eco-Clock_3.jpg

Those are nice clocks. I think I prefer the platinum series:

"The Platinum Series is the first and only analog clock series available with a chemically-resistant coating to protect against commonly used cleaners and dust collection for easy sterilization. The smart design provides a sterile look that can easily be incorporated into any facility."

You never can tell when you might need a sterilized clock.

Or, when you might need a "sterile look"

By the way, have you noticed how many wall clocks in Chiang Mai do not show the correct time???

It's weird, man.

Where I was staying last, they had 4 wall clocks showing New York time, Chiang Mai time, and two other times, but not one showed the correct time, anywhere.

And the worst part about it is that Thai has too many different ways of thinking about time embedded in their language.

Time in Thai seems like it will be a real horror show to study one of these days in my near future.

I am not looking forward to this one bit.

^^ ... Strange Tywais ... I always imagined you older more mature then that (in the video).

Are you up to the job?

Could be a job for Pu Sing, the Time Travelling Superhero of Petaling Jaya

"I've been back"

"What time is it, in Chang Mai?"

The same time as anywhere......time to get up and smell the roses, breathe some fresh air and live today as though it is the last day of your miserable life.

Have Fun!

Cheers.

Are you up to the job?

"I've been back"

Ah ... I forgot about the amazing Mr Pu Sing ... wai.gif

Actually, how is he?

Redundant question as he can yell you how he will be in the Future.

Can you ask him about the outcome of tonight's Origin Game?

Are you up to the job?

"I've been back"

Ah ... I forgot about the amazing Mr Pu Sing ... wai.gif

Actually, how is he?

Redundant question as he can yell you how he will be in the Future.

Can you ask him about the outcome of tonight's Origin Game?

I've asked him not to tell me, as I'm recording the game to watch when i get back from football...

Here you go.

Wow, this is great. Something from TV which I can actually use!

No kidding, I have been looking around for a good alarm clock that I can install on my computer.

I was using a Chrome add-on but this is better.

Thanks!

• 7 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived