Options For High Speed Internet In Chalong

Simon1985

What options have I got if I want high speed internet in Chalong as different ISP are available in different area's. Looking for a quality service, don't mind paying a premium/extra for a quality service. Feedback appreciated.

If you don't mind paying a premium then head to Tesco Lotus Kathu and go to the internet company booths that are all located next to each other towards the far right of the complex.

Check with each providor if they are supplying fiber optic in your area and then chose the one that seems the best.

I have been pleased with both the CAT and TOT fiber.

I would suggest asking your neighbours what they use. Internet speeds can vary from street to street. 3BB and TOT are the major ones

Irishlvan I haven't arrived yet. Just trying to do some research beforehand otherwise I would have asked about. Peterocket will check out what you mentioned when I arrive. Nomadjoe thanks for the link. Thanks for your replies guys.

Edited by Simon1985

I would suggest asking your neighbours what they use. Internet speeds can vary from street to street. 3BB and TOT are the major ones

Irishlvan I haven't arrived yet. Just trying to do some research beforehand otherwise I would have asked about. Peterocket will check out what you mentioned when I arrive. Nomadjoe thanks for the link. Thanks for your replies guys.

HI Simon I have just recently installed 3bb ( or they did ) and I am very pleased with their speed and excellent service, I would recommend them

without reservation, everyone I had to deal with were most helpful.

HI Simon I have just recently installed 3bb ( or they did ) and I am very pleased with their speed and excellent service, I would recommend them

HI Phuketjock, did it take them long to get it installed once you had signed the contract?

HI Phuketjock, did it take them long to get it installed once you had signed the contract?

They said 3 days and actually did the job in 2 days, and that included running an extra cable to my wifes condo one floor above.

But you need to be aware that all these speeds quoted are "In Thailand Speeds" if you do a speed test that has not been doctored by the ISP's, such as testmy.net you will find that it is around the 1 - 1.5mb range or lower unless you have Fibre Optic.

It all depends on what you need it for.

Simon 3BB rates for fiber optics

All are 3BB FTTx Download/ Upload Home use Business use

30Mbps/3Mbps Promotion 2,490 1,200 Bht. 6,300 Bht

50Mbps/5Mbps 5,390 Bht 10,490 Bht

100Mbps/20 Mbps 24,900 Bht 48,300 Bht

All rates are monthly and I am not sure when the promotion rate ends. Tel. Phuket 3BB shop 076-602082

or 076-602092 or the girl I dealt with Wanriya on 087-2696668 her English is ok.

I have no idea where in Phuket fiber optic cable service is available.

Edited by phuketjock

All rates are monthly and I am not sure when the promotion rate ends. Tel. Phuket 3BB shop 076-602082

or 076-602092 or the girl I dealt with Wanriya on 087-2696668 her English is ok.

Thanks for the info. I have emailed 3BB to see if this service is available in Chalong.

Remember that some companies want a year payment up front if you dont have a work permit

I have read about this. I don't mind paying for 12 months up front. I have also read if you want to disconnect before the 12 months is up you get a refund after a handling fee is charged. In reality I would suspect it would be very hard to get the refund.

Thanks for the info. I have emailed 3BB to see if this service is available in Chalong.

I have got the reply email from 3BB and they don't offer the fiber optic service in Chalong. Can anyone recommend any other companies I can contact that offer a fiber optic service.

I have got the reply email from 3BB and they don't offer the fiber optic service in Chalong. Can anyone recommend any other companies I can contact that offer a fiber optic service.

CAT and TOT

CAT and TOT

I have emailed CAT and TOT to see if they offered the fiber optic service in Chalong but have received no reply from them. Does anyone know.