Situps

itchybum

In Thailand.

I bought a situp bench thingy recently.

How many do I have to do to lose a little extra padding on the tummy ?

I also have a bad back, so hoping it will strengthen those muscles, feels like it will.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You don't loose your belly from doing situps, spot fat reduction is a myth (unless liposuction). The reduction around your belly will come from eating less. It could however strenghten your back many people started doing some lifts to cure their back. Better exercises are squat for that (but you need a barbell). I am sure the bench will help a bit too, its a first step, and probably better as rushing into something.

• Like 2

Not really the best equipment for someone suffering from a bad back.

Make sure you do your warm-ups before you start playing with your thingy........wink.png

I mopped the floor before I did them, that got a sweat up.

• Like 2

If situps dun work, why everyone do them then, they would be obsolete.

Sit ups Strengthen / build up your stomach muscles, which in your case you aren't going to see if you have 3 tons of blabber sitting in front of them 24.gif

Edited by alfieconn
  • Like 1

Sit ups Strengthen / build up your stomach muscles, which in your case you aren't going to see if you have 3 tons of blabber sitting in front of them 24.gif

See, it will work.

I do not have 3 tons of blubber, thats just silly.

If I can get a six pack on the inside, thats ok for now, it'll come out later I am sure.

• Like 1

See, it will work.

I do not have 3 tons of blubber, thats just silly.

If I can get a six pack on the inside, thats ok for now, it'll come out later I am sure.

If that is the intention sure it will work you will build muscle even if it is covered with fat. Later with diet you can make it appear. Just some advice countless repetitions wont work you need to increase the weight at times maybe holding water bottles later on.

• Like 1

If that is the intention sure it will work you will build muscle even if it is covered with fat. Later with diet you can make it appear. Just some advice countless repetitions wont work you need to increase the weight at times maybe holding water bottles later on.

Maybe some better tell theblether that ... rolleyes.gif

desismileys_0027.gif

Edited by David48
  • Like 1

You don't loose your belly from doing situps, spot fat reduction is a myth (unless liposuction). The reduction around your belly will come from eating less. It could however strenghten your back many people started doing some lifts to cure their back. Better exercises are squat for that (but you need a barbell). I am sure the bench will help a bit too, its a first step, and probably better as rushing into something.

I suffered from chronic back pain and cured it with dead-lifts. thumbsup.gif

I suffered from chronic back pain and cured it with dead-lifts. thumbsup.gif

I did not want to mention dead-lifts here as they are a bit advanced, but yes they have helped me to strengthen my back a lot too. They are a great exercise.

You have to do 10,000 sit ups a day and then all the fat on your tummy will disappear and you will have a six pack of abs. This is a technique known as "belly boarding". Don't listen to all these haters and their "science". But remember, it must be exactly 10,000 sit ups a day. One more or less could throw the whole thing out of whack.

maybe some o f these haters teach this

How about cardio work as said earlier.

Get some small weights 5 kilo or whatever, you can do more work with them. Jump up and down, run on the spot, basic exercise that makes your heart pump the blood.

Diet does work obviously because if you eat more than you burn off you get fat, you cannot sh*t all the extra out.

Those pills I got off the doc in the U.K that stop you absorbing fat certainly helped too.

Shag more for longer too ;)

Whats wrong with my diet ?

Take for example yesterday...and today

Breakfast : One slice of buttered raisin toast, black tea, no sugar.

Breakfast today : bowl of muesli, sliced banana, soi milk and a little cream on top.

Lunch : Usually nothing. But yesterday 4 dry biscuits with a dab of cream cheese on it.

Lunch today : nothing.

Dinner : Hot Pot. Consisting of several green vegies, carrots, squid, few prawns, chicken and pork slices dipped in chilli and lemon sauce with garlic.

Dinner today : thai food at restaurant. most likely a vegiw dish, larb and a steamed fish.

After Dinner : Often fruit of some sort.

There is still a 3/4 packet of cheezels on the top shelf opened several days ago.

A Magnum ice cream in the freezer from 2 days ago meant for dessert.

I drink a lot of water throughout the day and with dinner. Sometimes with Ribena added.

Rarely ever drink soft drinks, coke etc. In fact last coke was xmas last year, 1 can.

Drink alcohol occasionally when out, never at home, never beer and only a soda or tonic mix when I do.

We also use no salt, no sugar and no msg in cooking and we ask for that stuff to be left out at restaurants as often as possible.

well the problem is that's a great diet for maintaining your weight.

but not for cutting weight, you need to cut weight then go back to what your eating on the good diet your on now.

Their must have been a point in the past when your diet was not so good and now that your eating good you will simply stay at the weight your at, not going up or down, nothing wrong with your diet but cut first to correct the past then maintain once you hit your goal weight.

^^ Exercise?

Seems a very Western Diet for Thailand?

BTW ... I'm in a Glass House, so I'm not throwing stones ... rolleyes.gif

Well, certainly not into eating a thai breakfast, that porridge sludge or any number of other crap I see for breakfast.

Lunch is as stated, not much, a sandwich or noodles when I do have it.

Dinner is probably 70% Thai at least.

Edited by itchybum

but not for cutting weight, you need to cut weight then go back to what your eating on the good diet your on now.

Their must have been a point in the past when your diet was not so good and now that your eating good you will simply stay at the weight your at, not going up or down, nothing wrong with your diet but cut first to correct the past then maintain once you hit your goal weight.

Problem with that is I'll get hungry.

That's life, no other other way.

Yes unfortunately that is in most cases the problem, if your not loosing weight you need to eat less. I can't say your diet looks bad. Some supplements curb appetite but for me most don't work, except sibutramine (and that can have bad side effects) so I don't like taking it and seldom do.

JT has his topic about something that helps.. for me Jaa Buk helped a bit (no sides). But in general people are hungry when loosing weight. You did not say anything about drinking.. do you drink a lot of alcohol ?