Need Advice To Select An Appropriate Place For Opening Up A Retail Shop

vivek130205

Hi all forum members, I would like to seek your advice regarding a wholesale and retail shop that I am planning to open up shortly, currently I import Indian handicrafts like statues of brass and marble material from india to Thailand. I have few buyers who purchase material in bulk and now I would like to open up my own shop where I don't face much problems in commencing my business. my items are not highly priced and I directly get products manufactured in india and get it to Thailand via sea or air cargo. so I would like to know the best location for opening up an 20 x 20 shop or even bigger and my potential buyers are local Thai people, I am not eyeing tourist. I am attaching few pics . suggestions would be highly appreciated. Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.177060782452311.1073741826.100004451713416&type=3

Edited by sbk

Hi all forum members, I would like to seek your advice regarding a wholesale and retail shop that I am planning to open up shortly, currently I import Indian handicrafts like statues of brass and marble material from india to Thailand. I have few buyers who purchase material in bulk and now I would like to open up my own shop where I don't face much problems in commencing my business. my items are not highly priced and I directly get products manufactured in india and get it to Thailand via sea or air cargo. so I would like to know the best location for opening up an 20 x 20 shop or even bigger and my potential buyers are local Thai people, I am not eyeing tourist. I am attaching few pics . suggestions would be highly appreciated. Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.177060782452311.1073741826.100004451713416&type=3

post-181129-13705032738851_thumb.jpgpost-181129-13705032895376_thumb.jpgpost-181129-1370503311095_thumb.jpgpost-181129-13705033280217_thumb.jpgpost-181129-13705033388056_thumb.jpgpost-181129-13705033700395_thumb.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Vivek wrote: " I would like to open up my own shop where I don't face much problems in commencing my business"

Few problems? Perhaps you could try Bali, or KL, or even Rangoon? Avoid Thailand!

as per my understanding, Thailand laws are curbed in such a way that they are open to farangs to come and commence business here and at the same time do good economically for their country as well for ex employing 3 Thai workers per work permit, having a Thai partner, hire lawyer, pay insurance , social, taxes and all. this is what I feel that's y I chose Thailand and at the same time I'm dealing with Thai buyers since last 3 years so guess have already made a choice, just looking for some good location as I personally have not been out much to survey locations.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Given your products you may want look at the Pahurat area. Pahurat "Little India" is the area bounded by Pahurat Road, Chakraphet Road and Triphet Road, just west of Yaowarat, Chinatown Bangkok. Good luck in your endeavor.