Visa Stamp With Wrong Expire Date

Didn't find anything like this on forum, so here is my quick question:

Done my tourist visa on 9th May in Laos, Vientiane.

Crossed the border at Nongkhai; didn't checked the passport stamp at the place, and only later found a mistake.

The date on stamp is due to 7 June, not July. So it's like my tourist visa was given only for 1 month, instead of 2.

Check the attached image.

Dunno why, but maybe officer didn't notice the visa, and give a 30-day stamp (i'm Russian, and we get 30-day stamps), and only after that he saw a visa, but didn't change the date on stamp. Don't know, and it doesn't matter now.

So, i must visit immigration office on 7 June to extend my tourist for 1 more month?

As result - 2 month instead of 3, yeah?

Am i right, the date on stamp (7 June) is the day i must be in immigration office?

Thanks in advance.

visa2l.jpg

A lot will depend on your local immigration office - some might be helpful & change date & extend by 30 days, others............................... as you say 30 days or trip back to Nong Khai where the mistake was made.

Best advice, go to local immigration ASAP, be polite and ask if they can change

A common mistake, and it can be corrected by immigration to give you the 60 day entrance you are allowed.

In Bangkok there is a special desk at immigration that corrects mistakes like this. If not in Bangkok, they might send you back to the border to correct it there.

Not unusual. Always check your stamp at the desk. Happened to me at airport when I got 90 days instead of 1 year on my OA multiple entry visa. I left country again within the 90 days and got correct time on re entry. Always check at the desk.

• Like 1

I agree that it's not a big deal, but there's a lesson learned here. I wouldn't really suggest doing it right at the desk (they usually close your passport & hand it back, and it'd be kind of in their face to open the book, find the stamp, & check it while they're watching), but 'sounds like a good habit to get into to check the stamp the moment you're through immigration, where it's still pretty easy to find someone to correct it in near realtime.

Edited by hawker9000

Agree with previous posters...had a similar 30 day stamp given at Phuket A/P on return from KL with a 60 day extendable TR.

Visited local immigration two days later and it was corrected a no cost...the reason given was that the entry officer was a trainee.

rolleyes.gif Not trying to be rude, and it appears in this case the immigration officer got it wrong.

But you must remember always to put your visa number on your arrival card so they can see it and look for it in your passport.

And anyhow, before you leave the booth, look at your visa stamp, and if appears to be wrong ask them.

It usually gets a mistake corrected right then and there with only a small problem for you

Thanks to everybody for your advices.

Visited my local Immigration Office today (Chiangmai), and it took me about 5 minutes to solve the problem.

Made a quick copy of passport pages/arrival card (officer said that they will send this to Nongkhai) and they gave me new date stamp. No charge and no need to wait a common queue.

visa3m.jpg

But you must remember always to put your visa number on your arrival card so they can see it and look for it in your passport.

By the way, i am pretty sure it was correctly filled. The officer just was inattentive.

Anyway, next time i'll check the stamp before leaving :)

Always be sure to check the stamp as soon as you get it cause it seems in Thailand there are mistakes made often.. This was a easy fix but lets say you didn't notice it until July, troubles or fines would happen on exit..