Applying For A Non-B In The Uk - Can It Be Done By Post? Or Only In Person?

Hi All,

In the coming months I will need to apply for a Non-B from the UK. I would like to know if this process can be completed by recorded delivery or if I will have the headache of travelling to the Thai embassy in person (in which case I may just do it in Laos).

Thanks

You can not obtain a valid visa for Thailand while passport shows you in Thailand if that is the question. You are required to be outside of Thailand unless it is a conversion/issue by immigration in the extension of stay process.

Sorry let me explain that little clearer. When I return to the UK in the coming months, and I have all the documentation required, can I apply for a Non-B by recorded delivery post from within the UK or do I have to physically go to the embassy and apply in person.

Thanks

whistling.gif Yes the Thai consulates will do a visa by mail in the U.K. or even to Europe anywhere in the EU.

Call Hull and talk to them and they should advise you how to reply and get a return visa by registered mail in the U.K.

Just be aware however, that they are not responsible for the mail in the U.K. if by some mischance you lose the passport in her majesty's postal service

Visas are done routinely by mail in most Thai consulates in the U.K. and Hull is no exception.

Just use registered mail that is traceable by the postal service.

I was an American who traveled from Greece to the U.K. to get my visa from the Thai consulate in Hull in 2010.

I didn't consider it that much of an inconvenience.

But even in Greece I COULD have done it by mail from Hull .... just takes the time for the post to travel from Greece to the U.K. and back then.

But at my responsibility of course while in the post.

wink.png

P.S. You probably know this anyhow, but you can get the Non B Visa form a Thai consulate.

That will get you into Thailand.

To process a Work Permit and a Non B visa extension for employment that must be in Thailand at immigration.

The VISA gets you into the country legally, the EXTENSION keeps you here.

Sorry if I'm repeating something you already know, perhaps others may not.

Edited by IMA_FARANG

I've got 2 Non B's from Hull over the years and both times it was very efficient & painless. Unless the situation's changed you download the form from the Consulate's website, get together all the information they ask for - forms, photos, letters etc. - then go to your local post office and buy 2 of these prepaid special delivery plastic envelopes that the Consulate recommends. You write your address on one and put it in the other along with all the documents, your passport and, most importantly, a cheque. Address that evelope to the Consulate and away you go. One time my passport came back with the visa within 2 days.