Nattawut Denies Earning Bt131 Million From Egg Deals

webfact

Natty - you're an oeuf.

One for the linguists amongst us.

I've been told I'm a cunning linguist, but that's another story - from the French I believe, good for omelettes. coffee1.gif

Good double entendre by the way. rolleyes.gif

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It is untrue to charge me with making Bt131 million from manufacturers and from compensation on egg prices granted by the Committee on Policies and Measures to Assist Farmers,” he said.

Note that he doesn't deny taking money, he just denies the 131 million. Keep in mind that this is the same guy that told red shirts to burn their city halls, not to wait, he would take the responsibility. Has anyone seen him offer to turn down reconciliation, or offer to take the place of some red shirt still in jail? No......and you never will, just another pig at the trough.

There must be some basis in the truth in this as who would spill the beans by quoting such a figure as 131 million baht as it seems too specific to me if there wasn't any substance to this story!!

It is untrue to charge me with making Bt131 million from manufacturers and from compensation on egg prices granted by the Committee on Policies and Measures to Assist Farmers,” he said.

Note that he doesn't deny taking money, he just denies the 131 million. Keep in mind that this is the same guy that told red shirts to burn their city halls, not to wait, he would take the responsibility. Has anyone seen him offer to turn down reconciliation, or offer to take the place of some red shirt still in jail? No......and you never will, just another pig at the trough.

There must be some basis in the truth in this as who would spill the beans by quoting such a figure as 131 million baht as it seems too specific to me if there wasn't any substance to this story!!

True, and I agree. But as a side note, have you noticed that Thailand has a habit of quoting overly precise numbers in their news reports and government press releases etc. I recall one that said there were something like 3,234,653 children who were considered to be lacking in nutrition (can't recall the detail). And have seen many other precise numbers quoted in statements. Whereas we would probably say "in excess of 3.2M".

The government’s Egg Board has controlled egg prices at Bt3.30 per unit but, Mr Nattawut said, there is pressure for prices to be jacked up to Bt3.60-3.90 per unit.

Have they ever informed supermarkets that 3.30 Baht is the price and not 6.70 Baht as they are priced on the shelves ?

At the local market this weekend I bought the largest eggs they were selling and they were 42 baht for 10. Because I bought 20 eggs I only paid 40 per 10 so saving 6 baht.

I know I paid the same price as Thais as the prices were written up on some cardboard ranging from 30 for the smallest up to 42 for the largest.

The guy goes to all the local markets but unlike supermarkets he works on a table next to his pickup truck, has no large staff, just him and his wife, no a/c and would you believe no electricity either

He must be doing OK as he sells most of his stock in an afternoon.

6 baht? 2 x 2 = 6...!?

Curses. You spotted my deliberate mistake. I types in 30 but my too smart computer turned it into a 20 and my scanning eyeball missed the error.

Sorry.