Thai Visa Question- Going To Cambodia And Returning To Thailand For 3 Weeks

My daughter and I are entering Thailand in June for a few days and then flying to Siem Reap for a week and then returning back to Thailand for 3 weeks. When we return, do we only get 15 days to be in Thailand? How does this work? Do we need a re-entry permit? If so, where do I get one here in the states?

My understanding is that we get a 30 day tourist visa upon entering Thailand. We are from the US. But then that is no good after we leave and go to Cambodia. Do we only get 15 days when we return back to Thailand from Cambodia? I read in another forum that we get 15 days but somewhere else I saw that because we are traveling by air instead of ground, we will get another 30 day tourist visa. I know I sound so confused because I am!

Every time you enter Thailand by air you get a permission to stay for 30 days, but every time you enter by land you only get 15 days.

If you are traveling from the US, you will need to show proof of onward travel, which you have with the ticket to Sam Reap.

You seem to return to Thailand again by air, so will be alright as you get another 30 days.

You will not be getting visa on entry it will be a 30 day visa exempt entry by air or 15 days by land.

You will each get a new 30 day entry if you are flying for your trip to Siem Reap.

Edited by ubonjoe